Another damaging ruling for democracy

A fishing expedition for lawfare gets quashed. Boo fucking hoo.

A freedom of information act on how legislation is drafted is rejected. That’s not a fishing expedition. That’s right of the people to know what their legislators are doing.

When they start passing legislation in secret, it’s because they know the people will not stand for it

Yeah, how dare a majority of parents get to decide what is appropriate for everyone's kids to be exposed to in school! How dare they! How dare the majority of the people decide it's not appropriate for men to follow little girls into a locker room! How dare they! How dare so many of them get together and decide it's not appropriate for men pretending to be women to take their clothes off in front of kids! How dare they exercise their democratic power and vote such things to be illegal!

And how dare these lawmakers use the democratic process to pass laws they like! How dare they not ask random internet keyboard jockeys first!

The majority of parents decided nothing. The paranoid and crazy QAnon parents bullied every school board into excepting their book bans, and crazy insanity, and then DeSantis codified it.

The majority of parents decided nothing. The paranoid and crazy QAnon parents bullied every school board into excepting their book bans, and crazy insanity, and then DeSantis codified it.
Oh, so that's what you think happened. Okay, hold onto that, I hear it helps.

No, I think that Ron DeSantis saw a chance to scoop up Trump voters and put it all in a law that’s not going to stand up on appeal. Just a pander to the voters.
Hmmm, to translate, "pander to the voters" means to appeal to the majority of voters who approve of an action, IOW democracy. Did you realize that?

Hmmm, to translate, "pander to the voters" means to appeal to the majority of voters who approve of an action, IOW democracy. Did you realize that?

The majority don’t want this. 80% of the people in Florida don’t want all of DeSantis is woke shit. Democrats just won two elections in Florida over DeSantis backed candidates.

DeSantis is not nearly as popular in Florida as the results of the election would have you indicate. Fighting with Disney banning books fighting democracy attacking teachers.

Florida is short 7000 teachers this year because of DeSantis policies. This week a grade 5 teacher was suspended for showing her class a Disney film. State investigators are now questioning the children in her class about “indoctrination”.

Tell us again about your free speech.

The majority don’t want this. 80% of the people in Florida don’t want all of DeSantis is woke shit. Democrats just won two elections in Florida over DeSantis backed candidates.

DeSantis is not nearly as popular in Florida as the results of the election would have you indicate. Fighting with Disney banning books fighting democracy attacking teachers.

Florida is short 7000 teachers this year because of DeSantis policies. This week a grade 5 teacher was suspended for showing her class a Disney film. State investigators are now questioning the children in her class about “indoctrination”.

Tell us again about your free speech.
Free speech means the American government can't stop me from saying things as a private citizen. I can come on here or any public forum and say that Joe Biden is a horrible president all day, every day. I can say that men pretending to be women should not be allowed to follow little girls into bathrooms or locker rooms. I can say that little kids should not be exposed to sexually explicit material in schools, and the government cannot legally stop me.

What does free speech mean to you, the right to say whatever the Party approves as being vanilla enough to not offend any of the 154 protected groups? You seem obsessed with Florida. Why is that? Did you forget all the other states and the millions who agree with me? You do know, don't you, that democracy in action without our Constitution and representative government means that the 99.5% of America that is NOT transgender can vote to silence or eliminate the .5% that is?

The majority of Florida voters oppose his law. DeSantis passed this law in order to pander to the Republican base that votes for Donald Trump.

All these ridiculous laws DeSantos, his past, have all been in an effort to William Republican voters in the primaries. Even his own party think he’s gone too far.

Free speech means the American government can't stop me from saying things as a private citizen. I can come on here or any public forum and say that Joe Biden is a horrible president all day, every day. I can say that men pretending to be women should not be allowed to follow little girls into bathrooms or locker rooms. I can say that little kids should not be exposed to sexually explicit material in schools, and the government cannot legally stop me.

What does free speech mean to you, the right to say whatever the Party approves as being vanilla enough to not offend any of the 154 protected groups? You seem obsessed with Florida. Why is that? Did you forget all the other states and the millions who agree with me? You do know, don't you, that democracy in action without our Constitution and representative government means that the 99.5% of America that is NOT transgender can vote to silence or eliminate the .5% that is?

But when Disney use their right of free speech, to criticize the anti-woke crap, DeSantis used the government to attack them.

When the teacher used her right to free speech to show a movie, the DeSantis government attacked her and terrorized her students.

While SB 1 makes some changes that could expand access — namely increasing early voting hours in smaller, mostly Republican counties — the new law otherwise restricts how and when voters cast ballots. It specifically targets voting initiatives used by diverse, Democratic Harris County, the state’s most populous, by banning overnight early voting hours and drive-thru voting — both of which proved popular among voters of color last year.

The new law also will ratchet up voting-by-mail rules in a state where the option is already significantly limited, give partisan poll watchers increased autonomy inside polling places by granting them free movement, and set new rules — and criminal penalties — for voter assistance. It also makes it a state jail felony for local election officials to proactively distribute applications for mail-in ballots, even if they are providing them to voters who automatically qualify to vote by mail or groups helping get out the vote.

Fuck "democracy"

Kill it.

IMG_0293.jpeg

The majority of Florida voters oppose his law. DeSantis passed this law in order to pander to the Republican base that votes for Donald Trump.

All these ridiculous laws DeSantos, his past, have all been in an effort to William Republican voters in the primaries. Even his own party think he’s gone too far.
Yet he continues to be very popular in his own state. Imagine that.

But when Disney use their right of free speech, to criticize the anti-woke crap, DeSantis used the government to attack them.

When the teacher used her right to free speech to show a movie, the DeSantis government attacked her and terrorized her students.
You didn't answer the question.

A freedom of information act on how legislation is drafted is rejected. That’s not a fishing expedition. That’s right of the people to know what their legislators are doing.

When they start passing legislation in secret, it’s because they know the people will not stand for it

The legislation wasn't passed in secret.

So prosecutors should have access to the working documents of defense attorneys, or the court process is "in secret"?

Forum List

Back