Another corporate moocher skips America

Let me ask you people something.

NY state is currently offering to charge no taxes for 10 years for businesses that relocate to that state.

Are business owners who take them up on that offer greedy for not staying in a state with less favorable tax laws?

No they are stupid because after 10 years their tax rates will go back to the normal rape and pillage, and then what are they gonna do?

NY state is currently offering to charge no taxes for 10 years for businesses that relocate to that state.

Are business owners who take them up on that offer greedy for not staying in a state with less favorable tax laws?

No they are stupid because after 10 years their tax rates will go back to the normal rape and pillage, and then what are they gonna do?

So then Pfizer is not only not greedy but also making a smarter choice.

IOW good business.

why wont the loser Left ask themselves why corporations want to leave?

are LWNJs too stupid to think critically? or too hung up on simplistic talking points like "greed"?

Do you think that all large corporations should move their headquarters to whatever country they can find where they pay the lowest taxes. All the while continuing to generate the bulk of their sales and profits here in the USA?

Depends...if their stocks are in my investments? HELL FUCKING YES!

Wouldn't that be great? Then, when there is less money coming into the Treasury, we can either borrow more money or do less for the people left here and the companies who remained.

Or maybe (here's a revolutionary idea) stop throwing away tax money!

I think that we would just be a lot better off if we (as a nation) were completely bankrupt and unable to pay our debts and obligations.

What a shining beacon on a hill we would be then; deadbeat and broke.

And you support that idea. Right?

No, you're projecting. I support taking a chainsaw to the budget!

Relocate.

why wont the loser Left ask themselves why corporations want to leave?

are LWNJs too stupid to think critically? or too hung up on simplistic talking points like "greed"?

Do you think that all large corporations should move their headquarters to whatever country they can find where they pay the lowest taxes. All the while continuing to generate the bulk of their sales and profits here in the USA?

Wouldn't that be great? Then, when there is less money coming into the Treasury, we can either borrow more money or do less for the people left here and the companies who remained.

I think that we would just be a lot better off if we (as a nation) were completely bankrupt and unable to pay our debts and obligations.

No, you're projecting. I support taking a chainsaw to the budget![/QUOTE]

I use a chainsaw quite a bit. What would YOU hack out of the Federal budget that would enable the USA to cut taxes for most major corporations and us citizens.

Be specific. List the billions you would cut and the unintended consequences from these massive cuts.

Or are you not a "detail" kind of person? Or do you just like the broad strokes kind of thinking.

Massive government cuts........can't say where.........more massive government cuts.

You know what, around my house, when money has been tight and debts large, I have always tried a more balanced approach. Like cuts in spending and increases in revenue.
Works for me but I can tell the idea of cuts in spending and increases in income wouldn't work for anyone else. To hard to understand the concept.

Relocate.

Wouldn't it be better just to go to the alternate location in the first place?

No, you're projecting. I support taking a chainsaw to the budget![/QUOTE]

I use a chainsaw quite a bit. What would YOU hack out of the Federal budget that would enable the USA to cut taxes for most major corporations and us citizens.

Be specific. List the billions you would cut and the unintended consequences from these massive cuts.

Or are you not a "detail" kind of person? Or do you just like the broad strokes kind of thinking.

Massive government cuts........can't say where.........more massive government cuts.

You know what, around my house, when money has been tight and debts large, I have always tried a more balanced approach. Like cuts in spending and increases in revenue.
Works for me but I can tell the idea of cuts in spending and increases in income wouldn't work for anyone else. To hard to understand the concept.

I've done that several dozen times already. Every time I post my list, all the libturds go "you can't do that!"

Relocate.

So you crazy right wrongers think that offering tax abatement (to a company) in one state of the USA in the same as offering lower taxes outside the country.

Hey,, if the company relocates to NY state, will it still be Americans that get the jobs?

Hey hey if a company relocated to Great Britain for instance, will it be Americans that get those jobs in Great Britain?

Relocate.

So you crazy right wrongers think that offering tax abatement (to a company) in one state of the USA in the same as offering lower taxes outside the country.

Hey,, if the company relocates to NY state, will it still be Americans that get the jobs?

Hey hey if a company relocated to Great Britain for instance, will it be Americans that get those jobs in Great Britain?

it doesn't matter.

A good business decision is to go where the company has the best climate for business.

If Americans are too fucking stupid to realize that it's no fault of a business now is it?

Relocate.

Where did I mention anything about moving outside the country? I just said a company would be stupid to relocate to NY simply because of a 10 year tax reduction. The 11th year they are there, they will pay the same crushing taxes that every other New Yorker pays. That's a stupid business decision.

Despite what the Left thinks, the purpose of a corporation is to maximize shareholder value. The job of its decision-makers is to do what it takes to fulfill the purpose of the corporation.

The Left also doesn't understand that when barriers and obstacles are placed in front of a corporation, the corporation must react. It doesn't occur to them that a domestic environment that is hostile to a corporation will essentially incentivize it to look elsewhere.

Either the Left just doesn't get this, or its ultimate goal is to eliminate corporations. Perhaps it would be helpful if the top end of this administration were a little more familiar with business dynamics.

Where did I mention anything about moving outside the country? I just said a company would be stupid to relocate to NY simply because of a 10 year tax reduction. The 11th year they are there, they will pay the same crushing taxes that every other New Yorker pays. That's a stupid business decision.

It's a better decision to move where the people actually want the business and will make the business climate amenable.

Seriously why would a business come to the US with it's corporations are evil mentality?

it doesn't matter.

A good business decision is to go where the company has the best climate for business.

If Americans are too fucking stupid to realize that it's no fault of a business now is it?

Hey I read that you have a business. Why in the fuck don't you move it somewhere else?
You know, for better taxes and a better business climate. Seeing as how things suck so bad here in the good ole USA.

Move your business somewhere else. Who gives a flying fuck if your employees are out of a job. Right? Your employees are not YOUR responsibility.

So when you moving? Or are you just gonna make excuses as to why you can't move your business?

EVERYTHING, across the board, start slashing. Start with 25% cuts to all nonmilitary spending. Cut military spending at least 33% (preferably more). End all corporate welfare. End all farm welfare. Close overseas military bases. End all foreign aid. That's a start.

EVERYWHERE! Slash EVERYTHING. News flash: the money IS NOT THERE!

it doesn't matter.

Hey I read that you have a business. Why in the fuck don't you move it somewhere else?
You know, for better taxes and a better business climate. Seeing as how things suck so bad here in the good ole USA.

Move your business somewhere else. Who gives a flying fuck if your employees are out of a job. Right? Your employees are not YOUR responsibility.

So when you moving? Or are you just gonna make excuses as to why you can't move your business?

I don't have to move.

My business is established here and my client base is local not international. But I will say that my entire focus is building a business I can sell when I want to retire and I will sell it eventually.

I happen to be an S corp so corporate tax rates do not apply to me.

Maybe you should learn the difference between small locally owned service oriented businesses and international product oriented businesses.

EVERYTHING, across the board, start slashing. Start with 25% cuts to all nonmilitary spending. Cut military spending at least 33% (preferably more). End all corporate welfare. End all farm welfare. Close overseas military bases. End all foreign aid. That's a start.

EVERYWHERE! Slash EVERYTHING. News flash: the money IS NOT THERE!

Now we are getting somewhere. 25% cuts to all non military spending. 33% or more cuts to military spending. No more welfare for corporations. No farm welfare. No foreign aid.

I love it.

You think there would be any unintended consequences from these huge cuts? And if so, what kinds of consequences.

For instance. Our infrastructure is already in need of massive spending to fix major problems. If the budget for infrastructure projects is cut 25%, could there be bad things happening for not fixing bridges, roads, ports etc?

How about this one. Major pharma companies have quit basic research for new antibiotics to fight against these new super antibiotic resistant super bugs. It is now looking like it will be up to the government IF there is to be new antibiotics to fight these infections.
Cut the research money 25% that would have funded this research, you think there might be bad results from these cuts?

Every action has a reaction. You ever heard that one before? Cut spending is an action. Not discussing the reaction wouldn't be right. Cause you know reactions are gonna happen.
What will they be and will the reaction be worse than inaction?

You understand that Pfizer employs thousands of people and produces cutting edge drugs like Lipitor that have saved probably hundreds of thousands of lives, right?
Why are they moving? To save on taxes. There's the problem right there.
That and the fact that you are a moron.

They moved because of corporate-greed. Plain and simple. Greedy bastards charge an arm and a leg for their cutting edge, life-saving drugs.
No, you are wrong.

The moved because of government greed. Comprehending the world should be a requirement before you are allowed on the Internet.

You understand that Pfizer employs thousands of people and produces cutting edge drugs like Lipitor that have saved probably hundreds of thousands of lives, right?
Why are they moving? To save on taxes. There's the problem right there.
That and the fact that you are a moron.

They moved because of corporate-greed. Plain and simple. Greedy bastards charge an arm and a leg for their cutting edge, life-saving drugs.
No, you are wrong.

The moved because of government greed. Comprehending the world should be a requirement before you are allowed on the Internet.

Hey darkwind. How much should a major corporation pay in taxes to use; our infrastructure ie roads, bridges, ports and airports? How much to use our patent office and court system? How much to use the most profitable, easy access market place in the world? How much to use our military to protect vital American company interests? How much to use our educations system to be able to employ educated, productive workers?
Police department to protect company assets. etc etc.

Corporations use every one of those things mentioned above. You think those things are FREE?

So how much should a corporation pay for all those benefits.

Or better yet. How much would a corporation pay IF the corporation had to pay for all those benefits?

No, you are wrong.

Hey darkwind. How much should a major corporation pay in taxes to use; our infrastructure ie roads, bridges, ports and airports? How much to use our patent office and court system? How much to use the most profitable, easy access market place in the world? How much to use our military to protect vital American company interests? How much to use our educations system to be able to employ educated, productive workers?

Corporations use every one of those things mentioned above. You think those things are FREE?

Or better yet. How much would a corporation pay IF the corporation had to pay for all those benefits?

You have a couple of those backwards. The people get jobs BECAUSE they have an education. So the education system is for the people.

The marketplace is what it is because of the businesses, not the gov't. The reason the gov't did anything is so they could tax it.

No, you are wrong.

They were already paying taxes. They left because the taxes they pay just don't satifisfy the greed of people who will use government as their gun to finance their personal desires.

Corporations are taxed on the fuel they use.
They are taxed on the electricity they use
They are taxed on use of the roads.
They are taxed on the paperwork to file taxes
They are taxed on needless regulatory burdens

What we don't have is a shortage of spending.

You keep complaining about our infrastructure as if we don't waste billions of dollars of the money set aside for just the purpose, on other projects and spending 'priorities'.

How about spending the money collected for infrastructure ON JUST THE INFRASTRUCTURE!

What novel concept.

Forum List

Back