Another conservative resigns due to corruption investigation

Tommy Tainant

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2016
Y Cae Ras

So farewell then Sebastian Kurz former leader of Austria. Using public money for private political gain. Trump would laugh at such squeamishness but it does make Austria look a bit more decent.

oh. that's a shame.

Another RW Conservative hit the bricks..how sad.

Austrian Chancellor Sebastian Kurz said he would step down, after facing accusations of corruption less than two years after his re-election.
Mr. Kurz’s departure is the latest blow for European conservatives, who have been on the back foot in recent years. Germany’s Christian Democratic Union lost a national election last month after leading the government for the past 16-years under Chancellor Angela Merkel.
“In the past days, I was accused of criminal acts,” Mr. Kurz said at a news conference Saturday night at the seat of the Chancellery in Vienna. “These accusations go back to 2016. They are false, and I’m convinced I will be able to clarify the matter.”
Mr. Kurz said he had little choice but to step down because his coalition partner, the environmental Greens, had signaled they would no longer support a government with him as chancellor.
Mr. Kurz said he had proposed Foreign Minister Alexander Schallenberg, a fellow conservative, replace him as chancellor. Mr. Kurz said he would remain chairman of his Austrian People’s Party and keep his seat in parliament.

Another RW Conservative hit the bricks..how sad.

Austrian Chancellor Sebastian Kurz said he would step down, after facing accusations of corruption less than two years after his re-election.
Mr. Kurz’s departure is the latest blow for European conservatives, who have been on the back foot in recent years. Germany’s Christian Democratic Union lost a national election last month after leading the government for the past 16-years under Chancellor Angela Merkel.
“In the past days, I was accused of criminal acts,” Mr. Kurz said at a news conference Saturday night at the seat of the Chancellery in Vienna. “These accusations go back to 2016. They are false, and I’m convinced I will be able to clarify the matter.”
Mr. Kurz said he had little choice but to step down because his coalition partner, the environmental Greens, had signaled they would no longer support a government with him as chancellor.
Mr. Kurz said he had proposed Foreign Minister Alexander Schallenberg, a fellow conservative, replace him as chancellor. Mr. Kurz said he would remain chairman of his Austrian People’s Party and keep his seat in parliament.
He has disgraced conservatism by resigning after he was caught. The correct conservative tactic would be to just brazen it out.

Tommy Tainant I knew you could tie this to Trump somehow, well done! :TH_WAY~113:
Well his offence was similar to the Trump quid quo pro impeachment episode when trump was caught linking foreign aid to helping trump with a political objective.
Of course trump had a party of nodding dogs to get him off the hook.

Public funds should be used for the public good and not to bankroll criminal activity.

So farewell then Sebastian Kurz former leader of Austria. Using public money for private political gain. Trump would laugh at such squeamishness but it does make Austria look a bit more decent.

A far as I know Sebastian Kurz did not use any public money on private political gains. He's accused that he gave a wrong evidence to an investigation comittee of the Austrian parliament and is also accused because of aid to corruption and aid to embezzlement. He had to resign in the interest of Austria - but we will see. I guess he will come back - this game seems not to be over yet.

Well his offence was similar to the Trump quid quo pro impeachment episode when trump was caught linking foreign aid to helping trump with a political objective.
Of course trump had a party of nodding dogs to get him off the hook.

Public funds should be used for the public good and not to bankroll criminal activity.

What Trump had done in the USA would be totally impossible in Austia and/or Germany. "Vorteilsnahme" ="Accepting advantages" is in many cpountried of the world impossible - as Donald Trump did do for example by creating a private hotel in Washington for international diplomats, statesmen and businessmen.

What Trump had done in the USA would be totally impossible in Austia and/or Germany. "Vorteilsnahme" ="Accepting advantages" is in many cpountried of the world impossible - as Donald Trump did do for example by creating a private hotel in Washington for international diplomats, statesmen and businessmen.
Its illegal all over the world. Trump was able to pick the judge and jury and control access to witnesses. Hence he got away with a blatant crime.

Sooner you're a frog as satanist Kurz conservative

Other people make from time to time a little mistake - and you never say anything what makes any sense. Perfection seems to be on your side in your drink tank.

Its illegal all over the world. Trump was able to pick the judge and jury and control access to witnesses. Hence he got away with a blatant crime.
What is or isn't a crime in MY country is none of YOUR fucking business, sheep-boy.

Forum List

Back