Another celeb speaks out about the Oscars

Gracie

Diamond Member
Feb 13, 2013
Lost
Oscar nominee Charlotte Rampling says diversity scandal is 'racist' against white people

I read the comments and agree with a lot of what was said. This whining has gone far enough. This award is based on acting, not skin color. This insistence of being included whether the part being played sucked, is wrong. Period.

"One can never really know, perhaps the black actors did not deserve to make the final list ... Do we have to take from this that there should be lots of minorities everywhere?"

Some of the comments are below:

Only when we award on merit rather than race, gender or sexual orientation will we experience true advancement.

Remember Denzel Washington....you don't hear him crying racism. Reason he is a great actor and
doesn't have to hide behind skin color.

Exactly, she is saying what most reasonable people are thinking but afraid to speak out and be called racist. These days anyone who speaks out is going to be called a racist. Now we are supposed to have more black actors, more black films, not because they are good but because of diversity! It's like forcing people to eat chocolate ice cream when they want vanilla, make people who like scotch to drink gin because we need more parity. I go to the movies to be entertained, I don't care what color the actors are only that they are good, I don't care how many black or white people (or others) are in a film as long as it's enjoyable.

Last edited:
I am boycotting The Oscars b/c I should I've been nominated for sexiest insomniac. :mad:

Last edited:
I think most are just fed up. People are dying. Weather is fucked up. Terrorists are scrambling. Refugee lists have been lost. Starving people in the USA are ....well..starving. Shit is happening all over the place. Folks whining about a fucking award and not enough blacks is just not up on the important scale.

How wonderous it is that we'd WANT to see movies with racially diverse actors.

Sidney Poitier became the first African-American to win the best actor Oscar in 1964 for his performance in Lilies Of The Field.

Barry Hussaine Sorento OBama, etc. should have at least been nominated for an Oscar. He clearly fooled many dumbasses into voting for him.

Actor Ice Cube, producer of Straight Outta Compton:

“We don’t do movies for the industry,” he continued, gesturing at Hart beside him. “We do movies for the fans, for the people. And the industry, if they give you a trophy or not or pat you on the back or not, it’s nice but it’s not something you should dwell on.”

“We got accolades from all levels, from our core fans, from our curious fans, from people that didn’t even think they wanted to see that movie,” Cube continued. “We got so much praise for the movie. So how could we be mad that one other Academy or guild or anybody didn’t say it’s their number one?”

“It’s like crying about not having enough icing on your cake,” he added. “You know what I mean? It’s just ridiculous.”

Straight Outta Compton’s Ice Cube: Oscar Boycott Talk Is Getting ‘Ridiculous’

ice-cube-57.jpeg

The Oscars, where a bunch of egomaniacs give other egomaniacs awards for not being themselves. Can't think of a sillier event.

I couldn't tell you what movies ever won or was nominated for an Oscar. It has no bearing on whether I watch a movie or not.

Seems Ironic that the are crying because they did not receive any recognition from, as they say, a bunch of "old white Men"

Problem with the Oscars is that they suck

Movies that nobody sees or cares about

Forum List

Back