Anne Romney is pro-choice

We should only respect women's choices if they honor our religious beliefs, that's what I hear you saying.

No, but I hear you saying that all choices are equally good and valid. That's just plain stupid.

They are hers, regardless. It doesn't matter if it's 'good and valid.' It doesn't matter if you'd do the same. It's not your life, you won't live with the results.

We should only respect women's choices if they honor our religious beliefs, that's what I hear you saying.

No, but I hear you saying that all choices are equally good and valid. That's just plain stupid.

They are hers, regardless. It doesn't matter if it's 'good and valid.' It doesn't matter if you'd do the same. It's not your life, you won't live with the results.

You are trying to narrow the word choice down to one type of choice, which clearly was not the sort of choice Ann Romney was talking about. How intellectually lame is that?

We are not talking illegalities here. I realize you had to move the goal posts to sustain your argument, but that's not the subject at hand.

The one who is trying to change things is you. You dragged abortion into a discussion that was about something totally different. You're just not intellectually honest enough to acknowledge that. Very weak.

So you are saying that "We need to respect the choices women make" needs a qualifier?

It doesn't.

Do you mean to imply that all choices that women (or men for that matter) make are per definition good?

They are per definition THEIRS. Not yours. Not the morality police, not the Christian Right.

So if a woman makes the choice to walk around with a full-automatic weapon, you feel that choice should be respected?

We are not talking illegalities here. I realize you had to move the goal posts to sustain your argument, but that's not the subject at hand.

The one who is trying to change things is you. You dragged abortion into a discussion that was about something totally different. You're just not intellectually honest enough to acknowledge that. Very weak.

I did? Or Jon Stewart did; with humor involved?

Very weak.

Do you mean to imply that all choices that women (or men for that matter) make are per definition good?

They are per definition THEIRS. Not yours. Not the morality police, not the Christian Right.

So if a woman makes the choice to walk around with a full-automatic weapon, you feel that choice should be respected?

Again, that's illegal, and already covered.

You're like a puppy with a bone, here.

So you agree that choices women make should not be respected simply because they are choices? That some choices are good and others are bad. And that it is perfectly normal to make certain choices illegal?

Nice try, but no cigar. You've narrowly and incorrectly limited her comments out of context. We didn't move the goalpost, we're just trying to get you aimed at it.

Thats not illegal everywhere.....I can walk around with my pre ban fully automatic assult rifle legally in MA as long as its hidden under my trenchcoat............do you have a problem with me making that choice if I actually decided to make it?

Although I am not totally sold on Mitt Romney, okay I'm not sold on him at all, I think Ann Romney is a pretty class act.

And here's the quote to prove it.

"My career choice was to be a mother. And I think all of us need to know that we need to respect choices that women make," she said.

Jon Stewart: "Hilary Rosen Just Made the Republican Party Pro-Choice!" | NBC Bay Area

:lol: I noticed that too. I actually underlined it in a post the other day...

To those of you equating with the choice to drive drunk...really? In the context of this campaign at this point in time, that was sort of an elephant in the room type comment and I am glad she made it...

And here's the quote to prove it.

"My career choice was to be a mother. And I think all of us need to know that we need to respect choices that women make," she said.

Jon Stewart: "Hilary Rosen Just Made the Republican Party Pro-Choice!" | NBC Bay Area

:lol: I noticed that too. I actually underlined it in a post the other day...

To those of you equating with the choice to drive drunk...really? In the context of this campaign at this point in time, that was sort of an elephant in the room type comment and I am glad she made it...

LOL compairing it to about as funny as comparing it to drunk driving, hence the humor in Stewart doing so :D

Forum List

Back