Anime characters are based on Asians and not westerners

You could not even answer any of the questions I posted, you are not worthy for a debate because you are not a brave person who will face anything to prove you are right, you are too scared to answer all the questions I posted.

I have never met anyone who thought Anime characters were based on westerners. Not one. Ever.

You will find plenty of them on almost all Anime forums including in this forum. I wonder the reason is, maybe because they are raised by their parents to believe that westerners are superior so that anything have to be based on westerners especially what popular world wide such as Anime?

In my experience with engineers from the Far East who I worked with on construction projects in the Gulf States, Asians (in the Oriental sense) don't worship or admire Westerners in the sense that a lot of Westerners seem to think. They admire the accomplishments the West has achieved and are/were very intrigued by the means by which we went about achieving our goals. Such as firearms, aircraft, certain martial customs, architecture, engineering and a whole host of material, theoretical and cultural elements that make the West what it is today. Some people think that Asians obsess over our supposed superiority and they think about us all the time. They don't.

Last edited:

I wonder why many westerners especially from america insist that Anime characters are based on westerners.

I wonder if there is anyone on the face of the earth, besides you and a couple of progressive pantywaists, who care?

Whoops..and swagger.
Sorry swagger, didn't see you there. In a debate about the race of anime race I naturally assumed the only interested parties would be progressive nutjobs.

Yes I posted that before I even saw luds was posting, lol.

Nailed it again, I did!

Whoops..and swagger.
Sorry swagger, didn't see you there. In a debate about the race of anime race I naturally assumed the only interested parties would be progressive nutjobs.
tumblr_lowvp0GAV41qc6lz4o1_500.jpg

Whoops..and swagger.

There's a curious relationship between liberals and Asians. I don't know if I'm the only one who's noticed it, but Asians seem to be the only race liberals feel comfortable criticising and/or mocking. I'm assuming this lack of respect is rooted in liberals having little to fear from Asians, as historically they aren't prone to kicking up the kind of fuss Blacks would over some perceived racial slight or negative criticism seemimgly borne out of pity like, 'they're trying to look White'. I mean, you'd never hear a liberal saying that a Black woman with light skin and straightened hair dyed blonde is trying to be/act White.

Plus Asians historically use their own crap to fertilize their vegetables, which means lib retards MUST love them.

I wonder why many westerners especially from america insist that Anime characters are based on westerners.

When I was growing up on Speed Racer cartoons, I did not understand these were based on Asian artists, characters, models etc. I didn't know the difference.

Looking back, it is obvious they are Asian Anime type characters.

If Americans tend to look at things from a Western viewpoint that is just the process
of making sense of information using one's own familiar knowledge and background.

No big deal, just figure it out and no problem.

Christians also project views of how Christianity should be taught, and may be shocked when
other cultures and countries practice it differently. Buddhism is different in each country or culture that adopts it.

So of course with media and language and any form of music, art,communication,
this is going to be PERCEIVED and processed differently depending on the cultural context of the person or group. How is that any big shocker?

Whoops..and swagger.

IOW, your opinion is different depending on who is posting.

Nothing we didn't already know.

What would you do if you ever had to think for yourself?

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

When I was growing up on Speed Racer cartoons, I did not understand these were based on Asian artists, characters, models etc. I didn't know the difference.

If Americans tend to look at things from a Western viewpoint that is just the process
of making sense of information using one's own familiar knowledge and background.

Christians also project views of how Christianity should be taught, and may be shocked when
other cultures and countries practice it differently. Buddhism is different in each country or culture that adopts it.

this is going to be PERCEIVED and processed differently depending on the cultural context of the person or group. How is that any big shocker?

Ha-ha, you thought you were being entertained, ha-ha....you must be the same age as my eldest son..In the later 1970's there as an anime show, and I can't remember the name. It was a space craft that looked like a battleship, fighting battles in outer space...

I have never met anyone who thought Anime characters were based on westerners. Not one. Ever.

You will find plenty of them on almost all Anime forums including in this forum. I wonder the reason is, maybe because they are raised by their parents to believe that westerners are superior so that anything have to be based on westerners especially what popular world wide such as Anime?

In my experience with engineers from the Far East who I worked with on construction projects in the Gulf States, Asians (in the Oriental sense) don't worship or admire Westerners in the sense that a lot of Westerners seem to think. They admire the accomplishments the West has achieved and are/were very intrigued by the means by which we went about achieving our goals. Such as firearms, aircraft, certain martial customs, architecture, engineering and a whole host of material, theoretical and cultural elements that make the West what it is today. Some people think that Asians obsess over our supposed superiority and they think about us all the time. They don't.

You're usually wrong about damn near everything you post about but in this case, you're most correct.

No because Asians never claim westerners making their cartoon/western characters based on Asians, it is just westerners especially from u.s.a who go on claiming things based on them, why is that?

*Yawn*.

But wait..are you truly trying to have a debate about how it's racist for Americans to think that anime characters are stylized versions of westerners?

Seriously. Conspiracy theory forum material.

No because Asians never claim westerners making their cartoon/western characters based on Asians, it is just westerners especially from u.s.a who go on claiming things based on them, why is that?

No, the claims that Asians make about Americans would be from THEIR viewpoint and culture, not ours.

* Thich Nhat Hanh noticed that the Western culture is about DOING while the Eastern is about BEING.
* I have friends from India who question why do Americans rush to dump their Elderly parents into nursing homes,
while their culture is to adopt and take care of the Elderly parents in the children's homes, the same way the
parents had brought them up as children in their homes. While Americans have laws against child labor and abuse
that other countries don't seem to have established yet and let child military, labor, trafficking, sex sales and slavery go on.
* My mother questions why does Western Christianity emphasize depending on Jesus or God outside of yourself to save you, when the Eastern Buddhism focuses on making sure you are disciplined and spiritually minded and balanced within your own responsibility that you can control. Others will say why are the Tibetan Buddhists allowing violence and oppression to go on by being "so passive" it is dangerous; why does everyone always rely on Americans to invoke authority of law and justice in the world, depend on the West to act as police while complaining about it at the same time and not doing anything.
* Western culture emphasizes individual responsibility for one's own success, but comes across as competitive and selfish; while the Eastern emphasis on family honor and identify before one's own name can backfire and take away from the individual ability to act apart from a consensus and approval of others.

Do you see how there are differences in cultural values that even shape the question being asked?

It seems to me you are taking a Western biased question and trying to project that back on Asians saying why aren't they projecting the same way?

Simple, their way of projecting is going to be biased by their culture, not ours.
So of course it will come out different. So you answer your own question by posing it.

Here's a whole thread of art by a Chinese artist who attempts to bring this out:
Six Brilliant Illustrations of Chinese and Western Cultural Differences - The Atlantic

I also have a pair of spoofs I did on this series -- see links added below:
----- View image parking ----
----- View image Party ----

Last edited:

And there we have the purpose of the thread. Didn't take long

No, the claims that Asians make about Americans would be from THEIR viewpoint and culture, not ours.

* Thich Nhat Hanh noticed that the Western culture is about DOING while the Eastern is about BEING.
* I have friends from India who question why do Americans rush to dump their Elderly parents into nursing homes,
while their culture is to adopt and take care of the Elderly parents in the children's homes, the same way the
parents had brought them up as children in their homes. While Americans have laws against child labor and abuse
that other countries don't seem to have established yet and let child military, labor, trafficking, sex sales and slavery go on.
* My mother questions why does Western Christianity emphasize depending on Jesus or God outside of yourself to save you, when the Eastern Buddhism focuses on making sure you are disciplined and spiritually minded and balanced within your own responsibility that you can control. Others will say why are the Tibetan Buddhists allowing violence and oppression to go on by being "so passive" it is dangerous; why does everyone always rely on Americans to invoke authority of law and justice in the world, depend on the West to act as police while complaining about it at the same time and not doing anything.
* Western culture emphasizes individual responsibility for one's own success, but comes across as competitive and selfish; while the Eastern emphasis on family honor and identify before one's own name can backfire and take away from the individual ability to act apart from a consensus and approval of others.

Do you see how there are differences in cultural values that even shape the question being asked?

It seems to me you are taking a Western biased question and trying to project that back on Asians saying why aren't they projecting the same way?

Simple, their way of projecting is going to be biased by their culture, not ours.
So of course it will come out different. So you answer your own question by posing it.

Here's a whole thread of art by a Chinese artist who attempts to bring this out:
Six Brilliant Illustrations of Chinese and Western Cultural Differences - The Atlantic

I also have a pair of spoofs I did on this series -- see links added below:
----- View image parking ----
----- View image Party ----

I think it is more of because that their parents teach them to have a racist believe that westerners are superior so that it cause them to believe that any other race must look bow down and look up to them, as a result this cause them to think that when other races are making something especially which become popular world wide such as Anime then it have to be based on them.

Forum List

Back