Anime characters are based on Asians and not westerners

Kajune

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014

I wonder why many westerners especially from america insist that Anime characters are based on westerners.

Having agreed with the two ^^^, I'll add that they are indeed based on western looks. So, yes, they're Asian but its what young and some older Asians, believe is attractive. Hence the round eyes.

• Banned
I have never met anyone who thought Anime characters were based on westerners. Not one. Ever.

You will find plenty of them on almost all Anime forums including in this forum. I wonder the reason is, maybe because they are raised by their parents to believe that westerners are superior so that anything have to be based on westerners especially what popular world wide such as Anime?

• Banned
Having agreed with the two ^^^, I'll add that they are indeed based on western looks. So, yes, they're Asian but its what young and some older Asians, believe is attractive. Hence the round eyes.

If that is true then :
- Why westerners never make their cartoon characters that look like Anime characters?
- Based on who is this character made by westerners?
community_showcase_lita360.jpg

Is she based on Asians or based on westerners?
- Why almost all Asian cosplayers prefer imitating Anime/Asian characters and not cartoon/western characters like what you can see on Cosplayers Cure , if they really based on westerners then should not that make Asian cosplayers prefer the "original" which would be cartoon/western characters?
And Japanese themselves believes that Anime characters based on Asians, are you going to go against that?

I have never met anyone who thought Anime characters were based on westerners. Not one. Ever.

You will find plenty of them on almost all Anime forums including in this forum. I wonder the reason is, maybe because they are raised by their parents to believe that westerners are superior so that anything have to be based on westerners especially what popular world wide such as Anime?

Sadly, a lot of cultures place a higher value on western-looking features. Or, lighter skin. In India, they value lighter skin.

If you're old enough, you might remember a movie with Red Buttons marrying a Japanese girl and the girl making arrangements to get surgery to make her eyes round.

Sayonara - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

We don't value or celebrate our differences.

Sadly, a lot of cultures place a higher value on western-looking features. Or, lighter skin. In India, they value lighter skin.

If you're old enough, you might remember a movie with Red Buttons marrying a Japanese girl and the girl making arrangements to get surgery to make her eyes round.

What's with the "sadly" bullshit? Don't throw value judgments into objective observations for they dilute the significance of the objective points your raise.

What's with the "sadly" bullshit? Don't throw value judgments into objective observations for they dilute the significance of the objective points your raise.

Its more than just sad that we judge people by the color of their skin or the shape of their eyes. Its stupid and self limiting.

Its more than just sad that we judge people by the color of their skin or the shape of their eyes. Its stupid and self limiting.

Why is it sadder than any other form of judgement? It exists, just like other judgments exist. You made a good point about what IS going on in the world. You muddied that point by injecting your particular value statement. Now the conversation is veering away from your objective observation and towards your subjective values.

Why is it sadder than any other form of judgement? It exists, just like other judgments exist. You made a good point about what IS going on in the world. You muddied that point by injecting your particular value statement. Now the conversation is veering away from your objective observation and towards your subjective values.

But, judging one by their skin color/eye shape is indeed subjective and that was the question.

Look, as usual, all you want is to pick a fight. You're free to believe whatever you want but I can't be bothered with fools like you.

And yet YOU make those judgements every time you claim white cops are out to murder black people.

But, judging one by their skin color/eye shape is indeed subjective and that was the question.

Look, as usual, all you want is to pick a fight. You're free to believe whatever you want but I can't be bothered with fools like you.

Imagine that, wanting to have a conversation rather than a circle jerk.

And yet YOU make those judgements every time you claim white cops are out to murder black people.

Post a link to me saying that.

You can't because its a lie.

Imagine that, wanting to have a conversation rather than a circle jerk.

I have yet to see you have a "conversation". All you do is attack and I'm not interested.

So in the end you are just all nonsense huh? I mean you can't even answer the questions I posted.

As for Japanese wanting to be westerners, see again the Cosplay site I posted which shows you are just hallucinating, also see this pics of Japanese toys which making fun of westerners face :
tumblr_na265sHZuJ1tyc4dgo1_500.jpg

Especially check the 2D character on the toy's background which based on westerners appearance, did you see how very different that western character is compared to Anime characters? And you still claim Anime characters based on westerners, yea in your hallucination.

And this is Japanese depiction of westerners in reality which depicted on Japanese ads :
tumblr_n6gkddBdka1tyc4dgo1_500.jpg

That is just one example from many other Japanese ads like that. As you can see Japanese believe that westerners have small deep set eyes, big long nose, square face, square jaw and big wide body form which are all the opposite of Anime characters big narrow set eyes, small nose, round face, sharp jaw and smallish body form.

So in the end you are just all nonsense huh? I mean you can't even answer the questions I posted.

As for Japanese wanting to be westerners, see again the Cosplay site I posted which shows you are just hallucinating, also see this pics of Japanese toys which making fun of westerners face :

Especially check the 2D character on the toy's background which based on westerners appearance, did you see how very different that western character is compared to Anime characters? And you still claim Anime characters based on westerners, yea in your hallucination.

And this is Japanese depiction of westerners in reality which depicted on Japanese ads :

That is just one example from many other Japanese ads like that. As you can see Japanese believe that westerners have small deep set eyes, big long nose, square face, square jaw and big wide body form which are all the opposite of Anime characters big narrow set eyes, small nose, round face, sharp jaw and smallish body form.
Except EVERY single Anime I have EVERY seen the main characters are round eyed and have western features.

westerners could not make any Anime so all they could do is claiming things up such as by claiming Anime characters based on them, pathetic.

nippon-airways-hed-2014.jpg

I don't know why you're so snotty and rude but where did I say those things? I'm not the authority on anime that you seem to be saying you are but this is typical of what I found with a search. Feel free to post examples of what you believe anime art looks like.

450px-Anime_eye.svg.png

Forum List

Back