Andrew McCarthy Scolds Holder, Obama in refusal email

Xenophon

Gone and forgotten
Nov 27, 2008
In your head
Nevertheless, it is quite clear—most recently, from your provocative remarks on Wednesday in Germany—that the Obama administration has already settled on a policy of releasing trained jihadists (including releasing some of them into the United States). Whatever the good intentions of the organizers, the meeting will obviously be used by the administration to claim that its policy was arrived at in consultation with current and former government officials experienced in terrorism cases and national security issues. I deeply disagree with this policy, which I believe is a violation of federal law and a betrayal of the president’s first obligation to protect the American people.

Moreover, in light of public statements by both you and the President, it is dismayingly clear that, under your leadership, the Justice Department takes the position that a lawyer who in good faith offers legal advice to government policy makers—like the government lawyers who offered good faith advice on interrogation policy—may be subject to investigation and prosecution for the content of that advice, in addition to empty but professionally damaging accusations of ethical misconduct. Given that stance, any prudent lawyer would have to hesitate before offering advice to the government.

Given your policy of conducting ruinous criminal and ethics investigations of lawyers over the advice they offer the government, and your specific position that the wartime detention I would endorse is tantamount to a violation of law, it makes little sense for me to attend the Task Force meeting.

Read the entire letter here.

You reap what you sow BO, if this is your idea of bringing the contry together and fighting terrorism, you belong in a mental institution.

You reap what you sow BO, if this is your idea of bringing the contry together and fighting terrorism, you belong in a mental institution.

Did you say the same about Dubya? You know, given that he was the most divisive president in my lifetime.

As for McCarthy's comments, not having read the comments supposedly given in Germany, I have no comment.

You can't go back six or seven years and change the rules - then prosecute.

BO blew off the advice of five (including his own) CIA directors.

No one trust the administration. They have put the lives of EVERY U.S. Citizen in danger.

Did you say the same about Dubya? You know, given that he was the most divisive president in my lifetime.
I'm surprised you would ask me such a stupid question.

When have I ever supported boi moron?

Using Dubya as a defense for the stupidity of Obama won't wash, he has to wear long pants now, no more hiding behind Bush.

As for McCarthy's comments, not having read the comments supposedly given in Germany, I have no comment.
See part in bold.
Opinion, not fact.

Wow! Here comes Joe The Plumber Part 2.. Don't you know the newscorps and lawyers from the loony left are digging the dirt..Andrews is now on the search and destroy list of the libral hate wing.

Using Dubya as a defense for the stupidity of Obama won't wash, he has to wear long pants now, no more hiding behind Bush.

Leftists can't debate things "stand-alone".
It's almost as if they think one person doing something wrong is a good excuse for "their guy" doing something wrong, instead of actually admitting that a wrong is still a wrong.

McCarth makes an excellent post. And the only thing devisive about freaking Bush boy was the fact that there was an R instead of a D after his name. If he'd had a D after his name you all would have been lapping up his shit like a pig at a trough. After all most of the Domestic crap he did had been liberal wet dreams for years. The only conservative things he did involved court nominees and tax cuts. other than that he by and large empowered every damn federal agancy their was just like Obama and you leftist assclowns hated him any way.

McCarth makes an excellent post. And the only thing devisive about freaking Bush boy was the fact that there was an R instead of a D after his name. If he'd had a D after his name you all would have been lapping up his shit like a pig at a trough. After all most of the Domestic crap he did had been liberal wet dreams for years. The only conservative things he did involved court nominees and tax cuts. other than that he by and large empowered every damn federal agancy their was just like Obama and you leftist assclowns hated him any way.
:clap2::clap2::clap2:

Bingo Bingo Bingo Bingo was his name o.

Nevertheless, it is quite clear—most recently, from your provocative remarks on Wednesday in Germany—that the Obama administration has already settled on a policy of releasing trained jihadists (including releasing some of them into the United States). Whatever the good intentions of the organizers, the meeting will obviously be used by the administration to claim that its policy was arrived at in consultation with current and former government officials experienced in terrorism cases and national security issues. I deeply disagree with this policy, which I believe is a violation of federal law and a betrayal of the president’s first obligation to protect the American people.

Moreover, in light of public statements by both you and the President, it is dismayingly clear that, under your leadership, the Justice Department takes the position that a lawyer who in good faith offers legal advice to government policy makers—like the government lawyers who offered good faith advice on interrogation policy—may be subject to investigation and prosecution for the content of that advice, in addition to empty but professionally damaging accusations of ethical misconduct. Given that stance, any prudent lawyer would have to hesitate before offering advice to the government.

Given your policy of conducting ruinous criminal and ethics investigations of lawyers over the advice they offer the government, and your specific position that the wartime detention I would endorse is tantamount to a violation of law, it makes little sense for me to attend the Task Force meeting.
Read the entire letter here.

Could you tell us what was said in Germany to make this man write this email in which he claims Obama is releasing Jihadists on us? It sounds like he is the one that belongs in a mental institution.

Also, I've seen no evidence that the lawyers will be charged with anything, and they shouldn't be charged with anything for giving their opinion. So why is this man trying to scare other lawyers away from working with the Obama administration?

This stuff is getting old...you republicans need a new meme.

you're right... i know you aren't exactly a baby bush fan, either. sorry.

it's not that i'm using it as a "defense". it's that first of all, the whole BO thing? I kind of think it's not cool cause you're not one of the mindless bots. But as I said, I read the letter, but I have no idea what the comments in Germany were, so saying he's right or wrong... no can do.

It's almost as if they think one person doing something wrong is a good excuse for "their guy" doing something wrong, instead of actually admitting that a wrong is still a wrong.

given bush's approval rating when he slunk out of office, I'm surprised you think one has to have been a "leftist" to know the man was a moron.

My comment was because of the calling obama divisive. Given the poll numbers, I'd say he's far less divisive than his predecessor. And even the people who don't agree with him like him...

except for the same deadenders who still defend Bush.

But Ravi posts said what I was getting at much more succinctly.

but thanks for the dig. :)

No worries. :)

it's not that i'm using it as a "defense". it's that first of all, the whole BO thing? I kind of think it's not cool cause you're not one of the mindless bots. But as I said, I read the letter, but I have no idea what the comments in Germany were, so saying he's right or wrong... no can do.
It's a truth to power thing for me, BO made a big deal about wanting to be above partisan infighting and bring a new era to Washington, things like this show me he's BSing.

BS has to be called out and opposed.

given bush's approval rating when he slunk out of office, I'm surprised you think one has to have been a "leftist" to know the man was a moron.

My comment was because of the calling obama divisive. Given the poll numbers, I'd say he's far less divisive than his predecessor. And even the people who don't agree with him like him...

The issue was about what Mr Obama is doing. Mr Bush is no longer in any position of power, so invoking his name has nothing to do with the current policies.
I wasn't defending anything, merely pointing out that the new sheriff should be judged on his merits alone, not the merits (or lack thereof) of the previous sheriff.
And yes, I will put in digs when I see partisan attacks instead of intellectual honesty. That's one of the reasons you like me.

Last edited:
It's a truth to power thing for me, BO made a big deal about wanting to be above partisan infighting and bring a new era to Washington, things like this show me he's BSing.

BS has to be called out and opposed.

I'm all for "truth to power". But, again, not knowing what the comments were, I have no idea if it was "truth" or if it was more partisan blather. For all I know, he may be absolutely right. But I can't accept his opinion as accurate without a lot more information.

See... I don't assume that just because someone is critical or fits a preconceived notion I may have that they'e correct in their opinion.

The issue was about what Mr Obama is doing. Mr Bush is no longer in any position of power, so invoking his name has nothing to do with the current policies.
I wasn't defending anything, merely pointing out that the new sheriff should be judged on his merits alone, not the merits (or lack thereof) of the previous sheriff.
And yes, I will put in digs when I see partisan attacks instead of intellectual dishonesty. That's one of the reasons you like me.

The issue as I see it a great deal of the time, is that people criticize Obama for the same things they cheered Bush on for. I'm afraid that Bush's being out of office doesn't change what I see as cognizant dissonance.

So I think the whole BS about trying to "separate" the two is just that.

And actually, I like you despite the digs.... never because of, since I have no problem being disagreed with in the first place. ;)

The following were included in the German remarks:
"I recently visited Guantanamo. I felt it was my duty to see the detention center, meet with military officials stationed there, and determine where things stand. I can confidently report that the prison is now run in an efficient, professional manner. Detainees are treated humanely.

But President Obama believes, and I strongly agree, that Guantanamo has come to represent a time and an approach that we want to put behind us: a disregard for our centuries-long respect for the rule of law and a go-it alone approach that alienated our allies, incited our adversaries and ultimately weakened our fight against terrorism.

Simply put, keeping the detention facilities at Guantanamo Bay open makes America less safe, and makes our friends in this and other European cities less secure."

Attorney General Eric Holder Delivers Remarks in Berlin on the Closing of Guantanamo Bay (2009-04-29)

Just another BO fiasco in an increasing parade of them.

Say hello to the new boss.

Same as the old boss...

Forum List

Back