And now it is 8! After 12/6/14 Maybe 9!

healthmyths

Platinum Member
Sep 19, 2011
Republican candidate Dan Sullivan defeated Democratic incumbent Sen. Mark Begich in Alaska’s U.S. Senate race Wednesday.

The win gives the GOP eight Senate pickups in the midterm elections. The party is also seeking a ninth seat in Louisiana’s runoff in December.
GOP adds another Senate seat as Sullivan wins Alaska Fox News

"...brings the power balance next year to 53 Republicans and 46 Democrats. The last outstanding race will be determined Dec. 6, when Louisiana holds a runoff election between incumbent Democratic Sen. Mary Landrieu and her GOP challenger, Rep. Bill Cassidy.
http://online.wsj.com/articles/republican-sullivan-wins-alaska-senate-race-1415783765

With the gain of Landrieu that would be 54 seats to GOP 45 to Demos and 1 independent who goes to
the Dems all the time..
So the Senate will be 54 GOP 46 Dem/ind... with tie breaker being Biden!
With all 28 senators that voted for Obamacare gone.. and with The 6 Senate Democrats Most Likely To Vote With GOP that means at least 60 votes to overturn Obamacare!

Then Obama will veto. And the fight begins!!!

Yup those "stupid American Voters" in action again!!
Favorability for the Democrats has hit a record low as things go from bad to worse for the party after significant midterm losses, according to a new poll.

Only 36 percent had a favorable view of the Democratic party, a 6-percentage-point drop from before the midterms, the Gallup poll released Wednesday found. With the GOP standing with 42 percent favorability, it is the first time since 2011 the GOP has had a higher rating than the Democrats.
Gallup Dems plunge to record low - Lucy McCalmont - POLITICO

With 60 votes the GOP could over ride Obama's vetos. And I bet enough Dems are fed up enough sitting in the back of Obama's short bus they will cross the aisle.

The magic numbers are 60 and 67. Those you don't get.
Yes and that's why I said the "fight begins"... and maybe those remaining Demo senators will have seared in their brain what the guy who designed
ACA said was needed to pass ACA... i.e. the stupidity of American voters"... These Democrats are going to have to remember the statement of contempt repeated at least 2 times by Gruber means the Senators are stupid American voters also!
Gruber blatantly said the CBO needed to fool congress.
"This bill was written in a tortured way to make sure CBO did not score the mandate as taxes.
If CBO scored the mandate as taxes, the bill dies. Okay, so it’s written to do that. "

If you still support Obamacare IN SPITE of being called a "stupid American voter"... too bad because Most Americans don't like to be considered stupid!

As far as Louisiana, Cassidy is 99% sure to win the run off. He trails by 1.1% at this point, but almost 15% of the vote went to 2 Republican challengers and less than 2% went to other Democrats.

As far as getting things past an obama veto, you know, obama gets nothing he wants if he doesn't play ball with the GOP. He could try ruling by executive order, but SCOTUS will take a dim view of that.

Yes and that's why I said the "fight begins"... and maybe those remaining Demo senators will have seared in their brain what the guy who designed
ACA said was needed to pass ACA... i.e. the stupidity of American voters"... These Democrats are going to have to remember the statement of contempt repeated at least 2 times by Gruber means the Senators are stupid American voters also!
"This bill was written in a tortured way to make sure CBO did not score the mandate as taxes.
If CBO scored the mandate as taxes, the bill dies. Okay, so it’s written to do that. "

If you still support Obamacare IN SPITE of being called a "stupid American voter"... too bad because Most Americans don't like to be considered stupid!
Name calling is not making your case stronger but give it all you have until it's over...

With 60 votes the GOP could over ride Obama's vetos. And I bet enough Dems are fed up enough sitting in the back of Obama's short bus they will cross the aisle.

2/3rds of 100 is what?

Gruber is irrelevant.

Then they need to pull a Harry Reid and change it to what it needs to be. It was good with you when the democrats did it, so you will be good with it now. Right?
Reid only changed the filibuster rules for appointments, not for all votes. If the GOP continues with that, the Dems have no room to complain. If the GOP decides to change filibuster rules for all votes then they have no reason to complain when they eventually lose control of the Senate.

Nobody has changed the veto rules and nobody will be changing them.

vdx5y.jpg

They need 67 votes to override a veto, genius.
Wonderful.
They'll find enough Democrats disgusted with their leadership's lies ("we'll ride Obamacare to perpetual victory!") to jump ship and support legislation their constituents want. Recall that Obamacare is the most unpopular entitlement ever passed.

Forum List

Back