And now a message from Alan Grayson...

Good piece - good post.
But it takes me back to the days when I was learning to be a lifeguard. The first thing they taught us is how to get out of the grasp of a drowning person. Because if that drowning person drags you down, two die instead of one and you never help anyone again.

"For you have the poor always with you; but me you have not always."
Matthew 26:11

I do have a heart for the poor and the suffering. Unfortunately, even we don't have the resources to help every one of them. And if we bankrupt ourselves trying, we will never help any more in the future.

Ah, but we DO have the resources, we just think having the biggest "toys" is the priority, not helping people.

No, I'm sorry.

Even if we spent every penny we have on feeding the hungry, we wouldn't elimenate poverty and hunger.

I don't even like looking at the guy. Instant channel-switch. He's one of those people who will say absolutely anything in any given situation, whether it's intellectually dishonest or an outright lie, and we already have plenty of those folks. And he does it all with that smarmy smile. No thanks.

proof of what you claim

Good piece - good post.
But it takes me back to the days when I was learning to be a lifeguard. The first thing they taught us is how to get out of the grasp of a drowning person. Because if that drowning person drags you down, two die instead of one and you never help anyone again.

I do have a heart for the poor and the suffering. Unfortunately, even we don't have the resources to help every one of them. And if we bankrupt ourselves trying, we will never help any more in the future.

Ah, but we DO have the resources, we just think having the biggest "toys" is the priority, not helping people.

No, I'm sorry.

Even if we spent every penny we have on feeding the hungry, we wouldn't elimenate poverty and hunger.

Because we cannot 100% eliminate it we should just not help at all? We spend more on our military than the next, what 15 or so, countries combined and most of them are our allies. We could spend A LOT less on offense and a lot more on people.

I think we COULD all but eliminate hunger, certainly in our own country and we can sure as hell make a huge dent in it.

we could feed every person in the world who needs food.

Man just choses to buy war instead.

lets practice for war no more and feed the world

I don't even like looking at the guy. Instant channel-switch. He's one of those people who will say absolutely anything in any given situation, whether it's intellectually dishonest or an outright lie, and we already have plenty of those folks. And he does it all with that smarmy smile. No thanks.

proof of what you claim

According to Politifact, Grayson has:

True - 6 (30%)
Mostly True - 7 (35%)
Half True - 2 (10%)
Mostly False - 3 (15%)
False - 2 (10%)

So that's about 13.5 trues and 5.5 falses. That's not too bad by political standards. Stack him up against some GOP rep and see how he comes out.

No, I'm sorry.

Because we cannot 100% eliminate it we should just not help at all? We spend more on our military than the next, what 15 or so, countries combined and most of them are our allies. We could spend A LOT less on offense and a lot more on people.

I think we COULD all but eliminate hunger, certainly in our own country and we can sure as hell make a huge dent in it.

I believe we should help and I believe we have the resources to help more than we do now. And I think we should do that.

But dismantling our military completely just means we probably won't be around much longer to sustain this aid.

Grayson was born in the Bronx, New York City, New York, to Dorothy Ann (née Sabin) and Daniel Franklin Grayson.[5][6] He graduated from Bronx High School of Science in 1975. Grayson worked his way through Harvard College as a janitor and nightwatchman, and graduated with a Bachelors of Arts summa cum laude degree in economics in 1978.[7][8] After working two years as an economist, he returned to Harvard for graduate studies.[2] In 1983, he earned a Juris Doctor magna cum laude from Harvard Law School and a Masters of Public Policy from the John F. Kennedy School of Government. Additionally, he completed the course work and passed the general exams for a PhD in government.[7][9] While in college Grayson was a member of the Phi Beta Kappa Society.
Grayson wrote his masters thesis on gerontology and in 1986, he helped found the non-profit Alliance for Aging Research in Washington, D.C., and served as an officer of the organization for more than twenty years.[10]

Alan Grayson - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

None of that precludes him from being a lying POS.

Grayson was born in the Bronx, New York City, New York, to Dorothy Ann (née Sabin) and Daniel Franklin Grayson.[5][6] He graduated from Bronx High School of Science in 1975. Grayson worked his way through Harvard College as a janitor and nightwatchman, and graduated with a Bachelors of Arts summa cum laude degree in economics in 1978.[7][8] After working two years as an economist, he returned to Harvard for graduate studies.[2] In 1983, he earned a Juris Doctor magna cum laude from Harvard Law School and a Masters of Public Policy from the John F. Kennedy School of Government. Additionally, he completed the course work and passed the general exams for a PhD in government.[7][9] While in college Grayson was a member of the Phi Beta Kappa Society.
Grayson wrote his masters thesis on gerontology and in 1986, he helped found the non-profit Alliance for Aging Research in Washington, D.C., and served as an officer of the organization for more than twenty years.[10]

I will concede that it's very possible that either he or you is a "lying POS."

Jury is still out for me.

No, I'm sorry.

I believe we should help and I believe we have the resources to help more than we do now. And I think we should do that.

But dismantling our military completely just means we probably won't be around much longer to sustain this aid.

Nobody said anything about "dismantling" our military. We can still be the world's military superpower and still spend a shitload less on it. We don't need planes that can't fly in the rain, we don't need the nuclear arsenal we currently have and spend billions to maintain and we sure as hell don't need bases in fucking Germany anymore.

You should have seen how he won this seat.

After getting throroughly trounced in the last election, he moved to a district in Kissimmee Florida that is mostly hispanic. the seat he wanted has been held by a Hispanic Republican for many years. In the GOP primary, he backed the white inexperienced challenger, bought tons of air time backing him and eventually the challenger beat out the hispanic incumbent. Then he went on a campaign against the guy promoting the fact that the guy has no empathy for the Hispanic Community. It was thoroughly disgusting.

I've read about that. The guy is scum. He has been caught and outed on numerous slanders and lies.

Last edited:

After getting throroughly trounced in the last election, he moved to a district in Kissimmee Florida that is mostly hispanic. the seat he wanted has been held by a Hispanic Republican for many years. In the GOP primary, he backed the white inexperienced challenger, bought tons of air time backing him and eventually the challenger beat out the hispanic incumbent. Then he went on a campaign against the guy promoting the fact that the guy has no empathy for the Hispanic Community. It was thoroughly disgusting.

The District was redrawn.

Nobody said anything about "dismantling" our military. We can still be the world's military superpower and still spend a shitload less on it. We don't need planes that can't fly in the rain, we don't need the nuclear arsenal we currently have and spend billions to maintain and we sure as hell don't need bases in fucking Germany anymore.

Apart from the bases in germany - I agree.

Good piece - good post.

I agree.

Alan Grayson is bat-shit crazy.

The District was redrawn.

Doesn't change anything. That is how he won the seat.

proof of what you claim

According to Politifact, Grayson has:

True - 6 (30%)
Mostly True - 7 (35%)
Half True - 2 (10%)
Mostly False - 3 (15%)
False - 2 (10%)

So that's about 13.5 trues and 5.5 falses. That's not too bad by political standards. Stack him up against some GOP rep and see how he comes out.

According to my own set of standards, those numbers clearly make him a liar, beyond any shadow of a doubt. And if you want to say that "the other guys do it too", that's fine, they're liars as well.

Deflection doesn't excuse his behavior, nor theirs.

Why do we just sit back and allow this, much less defend it?

I've read about that. The guy is scum. He has been caught and outed on numerous slanders and lies.

Really? Care to share the details of those lies?

Forum List

Back