And libs think our military makes mistakes

Discussion in 'General Global Topics' started by Avatar4321, Mar 2, 2007.

1. Avatar4321

Avatar4321 Diamond Member Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,153
    Swiss Accidently invade Liechtenstien

Good thing they didn't accidently invade France. The French would be really busy this morning explaining why they surrendered so easily.

2. CSM

CSM Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +708
    Well, it sure makes a statement when a one country's military invades another and no one notices!

I suppose that is how the Euros like it though and that's why the UN "peacekeeping" force is like it is.

3. pegwinn

pegwinn Top of the Food Chain

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +329
    As a very young Sergeant (E5 for the Army Types) I was leading one of my first convoys thru TwentyNine Palms CA and at night and got lost. Ended up literally in someones back yard at about 0400.

I imagine that when they woke up to hear a battery of M198's doing Uturns in the back 40 they were a bit more amused than the Euros. Why? You ask?

Because as we moved toward what I thought was a dry riverbed on the map we found an obviously homeade sign that read "The base is that way, Have a nice day".

That's why it's called training.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  4. gabosaurus

gabosaurus Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5
    We didn't accidently invade Iraq. And we didn't withdraw after we found we screwed up. And the authorities in Switzerland apologized, instead of celebrating every casualty.

5. nukeman

nukeman Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +56
    Just exactly how did you turn this around to whatever point you are trying to make. I personally find it very tiresome that some people always have to point whatever thread they are reading into some lame attempt at their own agenda.

Sometimes posts are just for fun like this one in case you didnt notice. But hey when in doubt just blame our government for something. it always works doesnt it..

You aresuch a one sided ass..... You repeat yourself in every thread you post....

6. nukeman

nukeman Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +56
    I understand now where your coming from after reading your public profile. I mean after all your a 22 year old grad student in Cali. so your spewing forth all the nonsense that your professors are telling you.....:eusa_doh:

7. gabosaurus

gabosaurus Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5
    You aresuch a one sided ass..... You repeat yourself in every thread you post....

I am just trying to fit in with the rest of you and post how you all post.

Most of my professors are actually fairly conservative. Of course, if you haven't been in the world of academia for a couple of decades (or perhaps never at all), you wouldn't know this.

8. pegwinn

pegwinn Top of the Food Chain

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +329
    I didn't go to college but my kid did. And her professors were lunatics.. :razz:

9. nukeman

nukeman Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +56
    You know, I have given a little thought how to respond to your post. Yes I am older than you by about 16 years that means that I have a greater understanding of the real world. To answer your snide comment of "perhaps I never attended college/univeristy at all", I would like to inform you that I finished my education process and have a very fulfilling medical career.

I have been out of college for long enough to tell you that what you are considering a "conservative" is by no means such.

Most young people feel they are so much more intelligent than their older companions because they may still be in school. Your real education hasn't even begun. By what you have posted in your profile you have not even been out of school once. You went straight to college from high school and your still in. Untill you get some real experience keep the snide comments to yourself.

As for you "fitting in" take the post for what it was initialy intended for HUMOR. This post was not for politicle ramblings it was for FUN. When you learn to recognize that than you will be able to "fit in".

Untill than "GROW UP"!!!!