And Don't Ever Tell Me...

Unkotare

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2011
Kids from the inner city can't succeed, because I know they can. The fact that so many kids succeed despite challenges and obstacles that would impede almost anyone anywhere should be celebrated with the same awe and respect that we accord the athlete who perseveres despite a physical handicap, but most seem to find it more expedient to dismiss these kids with fear and fatalism.

Kids from the inner city can't succeed, because I know they can. The fact that so many kids succeed despite challenges and obstacles that would impede almost anyone anywhere should be celebrated with the same awe and respect that we accord the athlete who perseveres despite a physical handicap, but most seem to find it more expedient to dismiss these kids with fear and fatalism.
One of my kids teaches at a charter school in THE "bad" part of town. Roughly 80% minorities, primarily Hispanic.

The school regularly tests out at or near the top in the state. The kids are reading books and writing in cursive in kinder-freaking-garten.

The kids kick ass, because they can, and they're expected to.

Last edited:
The problem with the kids who fail, is that they are being influenced by those who want to drag them down as pawns in either a political game of destruction, where by they are needed as examples to make the case against a political foe in which they want to destroy. This way the party trying to destroy the other party can say see, see, see, what you've done to the children, while hiding the bullcrap that they are doing to the children in which they blame the other party for.

Yes kids can succeed and succeed big if in the right environment, but in the wrong environment you will find a higher rate of failure. Change the environment, and the curriculum, and watch the stats fall like a rock to gravity.

New Topics

Forum List

Back