Ancient Jewish ritual bath discovered in Jerusalem

Sally

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2012
Amazing the ancients things that are discovered in the Middle East.

A rare 2,000 year-old bath used for Jewish ritual bathing has been discovered under the floorboards of a family home in Jerusalem

By AP, video source ITN

3:54PM BST 02 Jul 2015

Israeli authorities said Wednesday they have identified a rare, well-preserved 2,000-year-old Jewish ritual bath hidden under the floorboards of a home in Jerusalem.

Archaeologists said the discovery in Jerusalem's Ein Kerem neighborhood shines new light on ancient Jewish and early Christian communities in the area. But the discovery might be most noteworthy because the couple that owns the home literally kept the treasure hidden under a rug for three years before choosing to come clean.

mikveh1_3362300b.jpg
Archaeologists were amazed to discover the ancient ritual bath concealed beneath a pair of wooden doors hidden under a rug (Rex Features)

In an interview, the wife said the family found evidence of the mikveh, or Jewish ritual bath, while renovating their home three years ago. Construction workers were using heavy machinery that sunk through a hole, leading the crew to discover the bath.

Continue reading at:

Video Ancient Jewish ritual bath discovered in Jerusalem - Telegraph

An alternative headline.

Jews didn't use a bath for 2,000 years.

More seriously, I love history, so I'm rather pleased to see things discovered.

A rare 2,000 year-old bath used for Jewish ritual bathing has been discovered under the floorboards of a family home in Jerusalem

By AP, video source ITN

Israeli authorities said Wednesday they have identified a rare, well-preserved 2,000-year-old Jewish ritual bath hidden under the floorboards of a home in Jerusalem.

Archaeologists said the discovery in Jerusalem's Ein Kerem neighborhood shines new light on ancient Jewish and early Christian communities in the area. But the discovery might be most noteworthy because the couple that owns the home literally kept the treasure hidden under a rug for three years before choosing to come clean.

mikveh1_3362300b.jpg
Archaeologists were amazed to discover the ancient ritual bath concealed beneath a pair of wooden doors hidden under a rug (Rex Features)

In an interview, the wife said the family found evidence of the mikveh, or Jewish ritual bath, while renovating their home three years ago. Construction workers were using heavy machinery that sunk through a hole, leading the crew to discover the bath.

Continue reading at:

And how does that effect you goyim ?

An alternative headline.

An alternate headline should be that Muslim converts like Freddie Boy stop following the Muslim way since they don't bother to take a bath. My husband said that on a plane to Bahrain you could pass out from the heavy douses of perfume to cover the smell. Say, Fred, were you the guy that some acquaintance of mine from Oklahoma turned around in a bank and said "Didn't you guys ever hear of deodorant?"

Yes, it would have been so easy for Freddy just to say he finds these discoveries of ancient things very interesting. But, no -- Freddy first has to say something negative about the Jews as he usually does.

I can't wait until they announce the discovery of a 2,000 year old Jewish ritual toilet

I think the Old School is trying to tell us that he does his business in a hole in the floor like it is done in many countries. Does he even know what toilet paper is for? Regardless, what would these forums be without trolls like the Old School?

Anyhow. if the Old School is having problems with using toilets, here is something for him.

Sit don t squat Toilet training posters aimed at visitors from Asia and Middle East put up on trains - Mirror Online?

By AP, video source ITN

mikveh1_3362300b.jpg

Continue reading at:

And how does that effect you goyim ?

Say, Guno, Rabbi Bemtzion Kravitz said you should stop being such a schmuck on forums because you are giving Judaism a bad name by being such a meshugenah kopf. Would it really have been that difficult instead of you posting your nonsense to wish the other posters and viewers a Shabbat Shalom and a Happy Ramadan

An alternative headline.

good of you to demonstrate the mosque method of
generating titles. --------"things discovered" becomes a big problem in places where muslims
rampaged. There is no doubt that the entire TRUE history of the rapist pig of mecca COULD HAVE BEEN determined if the followers of the pig had not done the mujahad act of piety------DESTROY AND THEN INVENT HISTORY. Imagine------literate peoples resided in Arabia for more than 1000 years before the sloppy dog of mecca was born------and not a single manuscript survived-----IT'S A MIRACLE

An alternative headline.

Cholera----a disease which afflicts people who shit in their drinking water------remains a BIG problem in the home town of the rapist pig------to wit SAUDI ARABIA

Forum List

Back