Analysis: Wrestling with how to talk about race

actsnoblemartin

I love Andrea & April
Mar 7, 2007
San Diego, CA
Analysis: Wrestling with how to talk about race - Yahoo! News

WASHINGTON – For a while, it almost seemed as if President Barack Obama had soothed the angst over race in this country simply by taking office. The focus was on big issues facing a new president — one who just happened to be black.

If only it were so simple. This summer, Obama stepped into the skirmish between a black college professor and a white police officer, and the race debate erupted anew. Then attacks on Obama over his health care proposals led to allegations that his critics were motivated by racism.

WASHINGTON – For a while, it almost seemed as if President Barack Obama had soothed the angst over race in this country simply by taking office. The focus was on big issues facing a new president — one who just happened to be black.

If only it were so simple. This summer, Obama stepped into the skirmish between a black college professor and a white police officer, and the race debate erupted anew. Then attacks on Obama over his health care proposals led to allegations that his critics were motivated by racism.

I just want everyone to know that I hate all white people.

Don't you hate everyone?

There are a lot of similarities in discussions between men and women, and discussions between whites and blacks. Men/whites like to quantify the problems and look for solutions while Women/blacks want to express their emotions and be recognized.

"It has been said that man is a rational animal. All my life I have been searching for evidence which could support this." Bertrand Russell

Ira's commentary is factual and insightful.

http://forum-network.org/lecture/when-affirmative-action-was-white

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/When-Affirmative-Action-White-Twentieth-Century/dp/0393328511/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1254167104&sr=1-1[/ame]

I was going through some old papers and found Katznelson's piece on "Evil and Politics" which I can't find online but that lead me to the white affirmative piece which explains a complex issue of why Blacks have fallen behind after WWII.

There was also a recent piece on Modern Marvels on the Alcan highway that Blacks helped built and did splendidly even though a southern white general didn't want them!

Last edited:

Yeah! Damn Albinos! Who do they think they are running around without any melinin. :evil:

Dear person who is not white,

I don't give a rat's ass if you are black, white, brown, yellow, red, purple, blue, or a sickly green color (just don't hurl of me if you're the last). I care about the kind of person you are and how you treat others. If you're a person who treats others well and lives with morals and ethics you are a ok in my eyes. If you're not and you treat others poorly or cruelly or as if they owe you something, you're an ass. I don't care what color you are . . . the color of your skin doesn't make you good or bad, but the way you are does.

Question: It doesn't bother me if you're not white; does it bother you that I am?

Dear person who is not white,

I don't give a rat's ass if you are black, white, brown, yellow, red, purple, blue, or a sickly green color (just don't hurl of me if you're the last). I care about the kind of person you are and how you treat others. If you're a person who treats others well and lives with morals and ethics you are a ok in my eyes. If you're not and you treat others poorly or cruelly or as if they owe you something, you're an ass. I don't care what color you are . . . the color of your skin doesn't make you good or bad, but the way you are does.

Question: It doesn't bother me if you're not white; does it bother you that I am?

good darn question! I bet you get no honest answers.

I'm good W_D. And you? I have missed the aggravation of illogical arguments and general stupidity and ignorance since the MSN board closed down. This place seems to have more than enough of those qualities to keep me entertained.

nothing could be further from the truth

Don't you hate everyone?

Race will be a problem as long as skin color matters. That is a fact. the chief problem with government attempts to end it such as affimative action is that it guarantees that skincolor will continue to matter.

Last edited:
Slavery was at one time a social construct in this and a lot of other countries so the answer would be damn straight anguille.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back