An open letter to Gov. Chris Sununu.

Ray9

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2016
This is an open letter to Gov. Chris Sununu. I want to personally thank you for all those emergency measures you put in place in grocery stores during this Coronavirus crisis and especially for declaring liquor stores as essential businesses. That was a stroke of genius worthy a of great state leader! I guess that’s why you, Shaheen and Hassan are in government and the rest of us aren’t. If there’s one thing we don’t want during this health calamity it’s a reduction in liver disease.

The other day me and wife was shopping and we was having trouble maintaining social distancing because we had to dodge all the boxes of booze piled up in the middle of the floor so plentiful it couldn’t be refrigerated. But we went to bat for you and got the job done while we made our way to the bare toilet paper aisle with plastic gloves and surgical masks on.

Being senior citizens, we been around the block a few times and we know the kinds of sterling characters that like to tilt their heads back, down a Budweiser and then finish the event off with a few tokes of legal weed without choking on a roach clip. Those proud Americans will navigate the approaching sky-high food prices by reducing the portion sizes of their kid’s meals. That’s when we seen the masterminded strategy of declaring liquor essential-there’s too many fat kids anyway!

Me and the wife heard a rumor that you been talking to the National Guard. Now we know that you rejected sending the guard to the Mexican border to patrol the parade of dreamers. We just figured you done that to separate yourself from the Orange Man. But now it looks like you want to put artillery on the Massachusetts border to prevent interlopers from crossing over and stealing our liquor!

You know, I scoured Wikipedia and I can’t find where you, Shaheen, Hassan or any other NH politician ever sashayed up to a podium and pontificated about the stupidity of handing over the productive capacity of our country to the Confucius communists in China. Our president can’t even blame the Chinese for killing us because you and your political friends gave them control of the essential drugs me and the wife need to keep breathing.

I guess there’s a wink and a nod on that one. Keep up the good work.

Ray

My local liquor stores have parking lots.
The signs indicate one customer at a time out of a car and to allow the worker to put the liquor in your vehicle as long as you exit you car and stand an indicated distance away from the car.
I don't see where that's such a bad idea.

The signs indicate one customer at a time out of a car and to allow the worker to put the liquor in your vehicle as long as you exit you car and stand an indicated distance away from the car.

In other words, it's a "staggered" system. Makes sense.

In other words, it's a "staggered" system. Makes sense.
But many supermarkets aren't.
Stop & Shop and BJs aren't.

Forum List

Back