An Old White Man's Thoughts on "White Privilege"

DGS49

Diamond Member
Apr 12, 2012
Pittsburgh
Not surprisingly, I think it's total bunk.

There are some disadvantages to being a Black male, no doubt. The so-called "presumption of innocence" is often repealed for Blacks, not only in court but also in life.

But the word "privilege" is loaded with incorrect baggage.

There are undeserved ADVANTAGES and DISADVANTAGES in life, from the standpoint of the individual, and these are heavily skewed to white people as compared to "Black" people. It is an advantage to have TWO parents, to have EDUCATED parents, to have RELIGIOUS parents, to have WEALTHY parents, to have HARD-WORKING, INDUSTRIOUS parents, and mostly to have INVOLVED parents. Conversely, it is a disadvantage to have only ONE parent, who is UNEDUCATED, NON-RELIGIOUS, POOR, LAZY, UNINVOLVED (in your life) and has poor life habits.

But these things are unrelated to race. Most of these things are controllable, at least to some extent, and weigh equally on the children regardless of race. Consider: A "white" child in a single parent home is THREE TIMES more likely to be long-term poor than a Black child in an intact (two-parent) family. A "white" child of a lazy, uneducated, poor, substance-abusing single mother is much more likely to end up in "trouble" than a Black child with better circumstances.

So talk of White Privilege is seen (by me, at least) as an attempt to BLAME white people for the cultural and personal failures of masses of Black men and mainly women, using "privilege" as an excuse for massive personal failure, regardless of how it is measured (wealth, education, substance abuse, incarceration, joblessness, etc.).

While racism exists, it seldom explains widespread poverty, ignorance, criminality, bastardy, or the making of disastrous life-choices, day after day. As long as opportunity exists (which is manifest in the few who succeed despite all the negatives that life hits one with), racism can't be blamed for the social ills plaguing the Black community, as mentioned above.

To paraphrase the Gettysburg Address, It is for us the living to take up the challenge of stopping the cycles of bastardy, abuse, scorn for education, and criminality, so that the next generations can fully exploit the near-infinite opportunities that do manifestly exist in our society.

"White Privilege" is an excuse for losers to justify their wretchedness, and blame it on others..

There are some disadvantages to being a Black male, no doubt. The so-called "presumption of innocence" is often repealed for Blacks, not only in court but also in life.

There are undeserved ADVANTAGES and DISADVANTAGES in life, from the standpoint of the individual, and these are heavily skewed to white people as compared to "Black" people. It is an advantage to have TWO parents, to have EDUCATED parents, to have RELIGIOUS parents, to have WEALTHY parents, to have HARD-WORKING, INDUSTRIOUS parents, and mostly to have INVOLVED parents. Conversely, it is a disadvantage to have only ONE parent, who is UNEDUCATED, NON-RELIGIOUS, POOR, LAZY, UNINVOLVED (in your life) and has poor life habits.

But these things are unrelated to race. Most of these things are controllable, at least to some extent, and weigh equally on the children regardless of race. Consider: A "white" child in a single parent home is THREE TIMES more likely to be long-term poor than a Black child in an intact (two-parent) family. A "white" child of a lazy, uneducated, poor, substance-abusing single mother is much more likely to end up in "trouble" than a Black child with better circumstances.

So talk of White Privilege is seen (by me, at least) as an attempt to BLAME white people for the cultural and personal failures of masses of Black men and mainly women, using "privilege" as an excuse for massive personal failure, regardless of how it is measured (wealth, education, substance abuse, incarceration, joblessness, etc.).

While racism exists, it seldom explains widespread poverty, ignorance, criminality, bastardy, or the making of disastrous life-choices, day after day. As long as opportunity exists (which is manifest in the few who succeed despite all the negatives that life hits one with), racism can't be blamed for the social ills plaguing the Black community, as mentioned above.

To paraphrase the Gettysburg Address, It is for us the living to take up the challenge of stopping the cycles of bastardy, abuse, scorn for education, and criminality, so that the next generations can fully exploit the near-infinite opportunities that do manifestly exist in our society.

"White Privilege" is an excuse for losers to justify their wretchedness, and blame it on others..
You started off coherent then you fell down, skinned your knees and busted your lip on the ground. When speaking of white privilege its merely the fact that this system was setup and codified by law to ensure whites have more opportunity than everyone else.

Last edited:
privilege.jpg

I bolded your last statement. It reminds me of exactly what Trump has done the past four years, during his campaign & during his presidency.
Trump has bitched, whined, moaned, complained, and blamed everything that is wrong, on everyone else, it got him elected, it keeps Trump's base stuck squarely up Trump's ass, and you sit here and tell US the same tactics when attempted by others you disagree with do not apply to 'white privilege.'

You are one funny mother fvcker.

No, it isn't. It is just a word, and it's not total bunk, you just said so. The baggage may be your emotional reaction to the word/phrase.

I bolded your last statement. It reminds me of exactly what Trump has done the past four years, during his campaign & during his presidency.
Trump has bitched, whined, moaned, complained, and blamed everything that is wrong, on everyone else, it got him elected, it keeps Trump's base stuck squarely up Trump's ass

Whereas the Democrat base is still stuck on Obama's ass, and he's not even president.

Trump has bitched, whined, moaned, complained, and blamed everything that is wrong, on everyone else, it got him elected, it keeps Trump's base stuck squarely up Trump's ass

Whereas the Democrat base is still stuck on Obama's ass, and he's not even president.

nice selective quote which is altering the context/meaning of MY quote. = Bad

nice selective quote which is altering the context/meaning of MY quote. = Bad

Comme ci, comme sa.

Trump has bitched, whined, moaned, complained, and blamed everything that is wrong, on everyone else, it got him elected, it keeps Trump's base stuck squarely up Trump's ass, and you sit here and tell US the same tactics when attempted by others you disagree with do not apply to 'white privilege.'

You are one funny mother fvcker.
sure he has---in your mind

How so? There are more than a few right wing loons who are still up Obamas ass.

Even #45 misses very few opportunities to point his fat little orange finger at Obama.

Recently, he even tried to use the fence around the Obamas home in DC as an example of why he should get the "wall" that he is obsessed with. That was beyond stupid....even for him.

Donald Trump References 'Wall' Around Obamas' D.C. Home to Justify Border Wall

Last edited:
my brother works in the loan business
he says they go out of their way to give blacks loans
if you have the credit,ou usually get a loan..it's not because of skin color
they want to make $$$$

At what interest rate? For how large of loans? Buying in what neighborhoods?
hahahahaha
I've told the story on USMB of how I grew up in a mostly black hood and had mostly black friends
-----when I moved out of that area----guess what??????!!!!!!!!!!! my auto insurance went DOWN!!!!
and I'm WHITE...so I was getting charged the same rate as the blacks because of the area---NOT skin color

we had a news story in our LIBERAL paper many years ago
the headline was like ''''blacks home buyers steered toward black neighborhoods'''
hahahahahahah
if you don't have the money for the rich hoods, you can't buy there
if you don't have much $$$$$, the lower rate houses are usually in the black shithole crime/etc areas

hahahah--if your credit is bad or you don't have much credit, the interest rate is higher!!!!!! for EVERYONE
etc etc

hahahahaha
I've told the story on USMB of how I grew up in a mostly black hood and had mostly black friends
-----when I moved out of that area----guess what??????!!!!!!!!!!! my auto insurance went DOWN!!!!
and I'm WHITE...so I was getting charged the same rate as the blacks because of the area---NOT skin color

Nobody thinks someone as screamingly racist as you are grew up with black people.

hahahahaha

Nobody thinks someone as screamingly racist as you are grew up with black people.
......sorry--true---- I listened to mostly black music/dressed black/called my real brothers and black friends the N word/etc etc
...you just DON'T want to believe white people are good and blacks are evil/etc etc
TRUE
that freaks you out???!!!!!

hahahahaha

AND the auto insurance rate story is true also---
sorry to make the truth hurt

hahahahaha

o yes--also I'm not racist---just telling the truth/stating facts/etc that also hurt --I'm sorry

Forum List

Back