An Obama accomplishment

Free trade should go both ways, not just free trade on products sold in the US.

For example, Japan's MFN tariff for US:
Agriculture products - 14.3%
Clothing - 9.0%
Footwear, leather - 9.4%

They can sell any of their products in US tariff free.

Trump was talking about tariff on cars. The truth is, they do not have tariff on US cars in Japan. At least they don't call it tariffs, since is induced in different ways, for example: currency manipulation and discriminatory taxes, standards, entry procedures, distribution structures, zoning requirements, etc. That results in US selling in Japan less cars in a year, than Japan sell in US in a single day.

While Ford Focus in US costs cca $18,000, the same car in Japan is $30,000. They may not call it tariff, but sure looks like one.

What do we care if they want high taxes?

Would you care if your widget in Japan is sold with 50% tax and concurrent Japanese widget with no tax?

I don't care how Japan chooses to tax it's citizens. That is their problem.

That's not what I asked you.

I answered your question. Maybe that taxing is why Japan has been stagnant for a very long time.

Your answer has nothing to do with the question.

The question was: Would you care if your widget in Japan is sold with 50% tax and concurrent Japanese widget with no tax?

Would be fair that your product is taxed more than other comparable product in the same market?

What do we care if they want high taxes?

Would you care if your widget in Japan is sold with 50% tax and concurrent Japanese widget with no tax?

I answered your question. Maybe that taxing is why Japan has been stagnant for a very long time.

The question was: Would you care if your widget in Japan is sold with 50% tax and concurrent Japanese widget with no tax?

Would be fair that your product is taxed more than other comparable product in the same market?

If that's how they tax their people it is fair yes. They want a slow economy it seems.

If that's how they tax their people it is fair yes. They want a slow economy it seems.

If you think that's fair, than you shouldn't have a problem putting tariffs or taxing Japanese products more than domestic.

Everything the democrats do is disguised to seduce the poor, and is actually an attack on free market capitalism.

That goes for free healthcare, for the constant hollering about minimum wage, women "not being paid" as much as men, the so called man made global warming.......on and on and on and on.

Yes, of course it was a failure. Deliberately so. The true actual morons are those who follow the pied piper bullshit.

pied-piper-o.gif

If you think that's fair, than you shouldn't have a problem putting tariffs or taxing Japanese products more than domestic.

No, that Is a tax on me. I don't want more taxes.

It's not if you buy domestic.

Yes it is because you'd still be paying more than you should. The government should not be dictating prices.

Yes it is because you'd still be paying more than you should. The government should not be dictating prices.

Should not?

You said earlier it's OK if Japan does it for our products, so tell me why is not OK if we do it for Japanese products?

Should not?

You said earlier it's OK if Japan does it for our products, so tell me why is not OK if we do it for Japanese products?

You are very slow. That would be a tax on us. We do not need another tax.

Should not?

And you're brain dead. For the second and last time:

It would be tax on us only if you buy Japanese. You wouldn't pay it if you don't buy Japanese.
Japanese are not buying American product not because is bad product or because they don't want it, but because they're paying too high taxes on it. To avoid paying a high tax, they simply don't buy it.

Imposing the same rules on Japanese products here would, of course, raise prices on Japanese products, but you don't have to buy it if is too expensive and you have alternative, an American product. As long they keep tariffs and tax on our products over there, we'll treat their product the same way. Fair trade.

Should not?

It would be tax on us only if you buy Japanese. You wouldn't pay it if you don't buy Japanese.
Japanese are not buying American product not because is bad product or because they don't want it, but because they're paying too high taxes on it. To avoid paying a high tax, they simply don't buy it.

Imposing the same rules on Japanese products here would, of course, raise prices on Japanese products, but you don't have to buy it if is too expensive and you have alternative, an American product. As long they keep tariffs and tax on our products over there, we'll treat their product the same way. Fair trade.

You are brain dead. If it was cheaper or a better product I would be buying US product now. But you want to tax the product I buy. No new taxes. Tariffs are just a new tax. They have never increased domestic production.

Should not?

You are brain dead. If it was cheaper or a better product I would be buying US product now. But you want to tax the product I buy. No new taxes. Tariffs are just a new tax. They have never increased domestic production.

It sure is tax that repels you from buying product from the country that tax your product higher and makes it non competitive. If they are doing it, why is the problem to return the favor? If you don't buy their product, you wont pay higher tax. As soon they stop taxing our product, we'll stop taxing theirs. I believe they would remove tax on our product before is even enacted into law.

Should not?

It sure is tax that repels you from buying product from the country that tax your product higher and makes it non competitive. If they are doing it, why is the problem to return the favor? If you don't buy their product, you wont pay higher tax. As soon they stop taxing our product, we'll stop taxing theirs. I believe they would remove tax on our product before is even enacted into law.

Tariffs have a long history. That is not what ever happens.

The government shouldn't be picking winners and losers. They will only make things worse.

Should not?

The government shouldn't be picking winners and losers. They will only make things worse.

True. Now tell that to government of the countries that tax our product at higher rate than their own.

True. Now tell that to government of the countries that tax our product at higher rate than their own.

I'm not concerned with how they tax their people.

You should be, because it slows American production.

Really? You have proof?

At first I thought to take my kid's crayons, but I gave up.

Your switch seems to be stuck on stupid...

Really? You have proof?

You're about like depleted Uranium.

What if the other country reduced their tariffs on our goods? what would that do?

Really? You have proof?

You're about like depleted Uranium.

What if the other country reduced their tariffs on our goods? what would that do?

Probably very little. What are we selling competitively in the world market?

Forum List

Back