An Israeli Should Win The Nobel Peace Prize This Year (It's Not Sharon)

Discussion in 'Israel and Palestine' started by NATO AIR, Oct 4, 2004.

1. NATO AIR

NATO AIR Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +282
    a brave man defends israel's right to exist and prosper, while striving to end the occupation that threatens to destroy israel's very democratic and justice centered nature

to israel and its many staunch supporters on the board, fight the terrorists in gaza and the west bank as you must, defeat (and destory) the hamas and the islamic jihad and their murderous allies. but after you have won this victory you deserve, please end the occupation that denies both peoples their future.

2. dilloduck

dilloduck Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,403
    They got my vote-----I don't even see any other candidates at the moment

3. NATO AIR

NATO AIR Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +282
    oh you got the EU and the head of the International Atomic Energy Agency to vote for :bsflag:

4. drac

drac Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22
    good point, but what do you defined as occuppied land? what do you do if after withdraw from the "occupied" land terror attacks against israeli continue (see lebanon)

5. NATO AIR

NATO AIR Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +282
    the areas that were palestinian before the 1967 war. that is occupied land. nothing more, nothing less. no right of return for the palestinians.

6. ajwps

ajwps Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +46
    Israel is ready to end the occupation of its land by aliens who do not want any country of their own. Israel will allow the Arabs living in Israel to live in any country they choose, just not Israel.

To think that the Arabs (palestinians) want peace with Israel is equivalent in an attempt to house train an Egyptian venomous asp.

7. ajwps

ajwps Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +46
    The land areas that were palestinian before the 1967 war were Egypt, Lebanon, Syria and Iraq. The Arabs who lived in Israel lost their lands when they attacked Israel.

When you win your own land in a war waged against you, the losers don't get back what they lost in a war of aggression against the owners of the land. That land being ISRAEL....

8. DaTroof

DaTroof Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15
    Hey NATO Air ...

Are you saying that no European countries split any Germanian lands after WW1 and WW2 ?! Germany might still consider parts of Czecoslovacia as being theirs, not to mention Austria. So is it only the Israelis that should always return every inch of land after being attacked and successfully defending themselves ?! Better look at European and US history a bit more closely.

Do you really believe that the ultimate goal of the Palestinians is peace with Israel ?! I believe that some really want just that, and would be more than happy having the fence run a few miles off the 1967 lines if it meent a chance to concentrate of moving forward. I'd say that there is a good chunk however, that really has no intention of living by Israel's side peacefully.

3) Are you OK w/ this deal ? I'll give everything back to the 1967 border, but if there is one more attack and Israeli citizens die, I kill members of your family. I know it sounds ridiculous, but that is exactly what you are asking Israel to do. I have tons of family in Jerusalem, so i'm just saying "ante up". So now that I put it like that, how much do you really trust Israel's neighbors ?!

Is the reason that you insist on '67 borders because that's what the UN authorized ?! Do you think that the way the UN is set up currently (3o+ Arab members of which Syria is on the flippin Security Council), Israel or the US stand a fighting chance of getting their interest represented ?! How do you think that the UN came up with that line to begin with ?! Much like the other borders drawn by European imperial powers at the time, they suck. No really .. they suck a lot. They often run with complete disregard for geography or demographics. Ever wonder how Iraq, Syria, Lebanon etc got these wonderful borders which have kept things peaceful in the region for the past 90 years or so ?! Just thank the Europeans. Now you are asking Israel to accept a British SNAFUBAR as law ? Law that Israel must pay for with their blood. The question should be; How much have the Arabs respected the 1967 borders ?! They tried to cross it at every opportunity available to destroy Israel. So the Arabs don't respect the border, but you want Israel to ?!

Da Troof is that if you are European or residing in the US, you have nothing to speak of with regards to out and out land grabs. Israel has nothing on either of you ... or the Moslems (see Sudan, Kashmir, Sothern Russia, Indonesia, etc etc). So I hope that this ends the preaching regarding giving all the land back. Not gonna happen. I'm gonna keep a few miles to ensure that I'm not 16 Km wide in the middle. With 1.4 billion Moslems, oil drenched lands for hundreds of miles, I think they'll learn to manage .. I have.

9. NATO AIR

NATO AIR Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +282
    da troof,
    israel's pre-1967 borders were actually much easier to maintain and defend than what they have now... they reached too much, too far, and now they have suicide bombers, nutjob settlements and a big mess on their hands.

I would station US troops in Israel to guarantee Israel's security and also that of the Palestinians, who I believe will one day accept peace with Israel and two peoples will live side by side in peace. I worry more about future regimes in Syria or Egypt that might attack Israel or do something else stupid.

10. dilloduck

dilloduck Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,403
    Unless Isreal is planning a genocide, they will ALWAYS have Arab neighbors . If Israel would stand up and recognize some borders instead of importing MORE settlers to occupy land in question, the world may treat Israel with a new respect. The world knows that Israel fought a war with Arab attackers and won it. It does not need to keep the land to inflate itself like a bullfrog to intimidate future attackers. The US returned all the land it conquered in WWII.