An Honest Conversation about Race

Yes I deny having grandparents help me out financially.

No property was handed down to me.

Yes I deny having white people in power helped me.

Yes I deny that having founding fathers, inventors, authors, politicians, educators, law enforcement and pretty much everyone else gave me an advantage.

Was Ben Carson born and raised in an affluent white culture?

Was Thomas Sowell? Tim Scott? Clarence Thomas? Herman Cain?

There are literally thousands if not millions of people that have been born into poverty but over came it and turned out to be productive members of society.

You claiming these kids who were in school didn't know about black authors, inventors, entrepreneurs, etc. is unbelievable. What kind of school were they in if they weren't being taught?

Their role models today are mostly rappers and athletes who are bigger thugs than they are.

I didn't ask if your specific grandparents helped you financially or if property was given to you specifically. I asked if you believe it is an advantage to have that available.

I already told you in my post where the school was and when (Donaldsonville, LA in the early 90's, a public middle school located in low income housing area). If you believe that history has zero impact on you, there's not much point of continuing the conversation. I believe you are wrong.

You implied that whites have that availability and blacks don't.

You also imply that people that do not have any type of family support are somehow handicapped. In other words, you've basically written them off.

Yes history has zero impact on the choices I make with the exception of my personal history, the history I create.

What you seem to believe is our history somehow defines us or our future. And to that I say BULLSHIT.

You can live stuck in the days of Jim Crow and slavery or you can choose to rise above them.

Forum List

Back