"An astounding 102 million trees are now dead in California".

And what events would those be?
CO2 did not drive the climate when:

1. The temperature fell 10 million years ago while CO2 was increasing.

2. Antarctic thawing occurred while CO2 values dropped at the OI/Mio transition and never fell below levels of the OI.

3. The glacial-interglacial cycles of the past 500,000 years began while atmospheric CO2 was greater than 400 ppm.

4. It took 12 million years for the temperature to fall to the temperature predicted by radiative forcing of CO2.
At no time in the past 1 million years has the CO2 level been 400 ppm or above.

Changes in carbon dioxide during the Phanerozoic (the last 542 million years). The recent period is located on the left side of the plot. This figure illustrates a range of events over the last 550 million years during which CO2 played a role in global climate.[22] The graph begins (on the right) with an era predating terrestrial plant life, during which solar output was more than 4% lower than today.[23] Land plants only became widespread after 400Ma, during the Devonian (D) period, and their diversification (along with the evolution of leaves) may have been partially driven by a decrease in CO2 concentration.[24] Toward the left side of the graph the sun gradually approaches modern levels of solar output, while vegetation spreads, removing large amounts of CO2 from the atmosphere. The last 200 million years includes periods of extreme warmth, and sea levels so high that 200 metre-deep shallow seas formed on continental land masses (for example, at 100Ma during the Cretaceous (K) Greenhouse).[25] At the far left of the graph, we see modern CO2 levels and the appearance of the climate under which human species and human civilization developed.

Carbon dioxide in Earth's atmosphere - Wikipedia
Not true.

F5.large.jpg

Attachments

• upload_2016-11-27_15-49-38.png
    upload_2016-11-27_15-49-38.png
    61 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:

2. Antarctic thawing occurred while CO2 values dropped at the OI/Mio transition and never fell below levels of the OI.

3. The glacial-interglacial cycles of the past 500,000 years began while atmospheric CO2 was greater than 400 ppm.

4. It took 12 million years for the temperature to fall to the temperature predicted by radiative forcing of CO2.

Pony, trick, one.

LOL Well, the only time I have lived in those periods was when I was camping on the John Day River near highway 19. LOL

In the meantime, the real scientists are trying to give us a warning as to what is happening.

LOL Well, the only time I have lived in those periods was when I was camping on the John Day River near highway 19. LOL

In the meantime, the real scientists are trying to give us a warning as to what is happening.

OK if that's true what number figure do you have to fight it would take world wide? Everything I read it would cause a world wide depression.

Pony, trick, one.

It's all I need. The best way to understand future climate changes is to study and understand past climates.

The best way to understand future climate changes is to study and understand past climates.

OK if that's true what number figure do you have to fight it would take world wide? Everything I read it would cause a world wide depression.
OK, enough with the flap yap, credible source, please.

The best way to understand future climate changes is to study and understand past climates.
Why yes, that is what you need to do. Start here;

Paleoclimatology - Google Scholar

Global Warming : Feature Articles

proxy-based_temperature_reconstruction.png

Temperature histories from paleoclimate data (green line) compared to the history based on modern instruments (blue line) suggest that global temperature is warmer now than it has been in the past 1,000 years, and possibly longer. (Graph adapted from Mann et al., 2008.)

Models predict that Earth will warm between 2 and 6 degrees Celsius in the next century. When global warming has happened at various times in the past two million years, it has taken the planet about 5,000 years to warm 5 degrees. The predicted rate of warming for the next century is at least 20 times faster. This rate of change is extremely unusual.

Why yes, that is what you need to do. Start here;

Paleoclimatology - Google Scholar

proxy-based_temperature_reconstruction.png

Temperature histories from paleoclimate data (green line) compared to the history based on modern instruments (blue line) suggest that global temperature is warmer now than it has been in the past 1,000 years, and possibly longer. (Graph adapted from Mann et al., 2008.)

Models predict that Earth will warm between 2 and 6 degrees Celsius in the next century. When global warming has happened at various times in the past two million years, it has taken the planet about 5,000 years to warm 5 degrees. The predicted rate of warming for the next century is at least 20 times faster. This rate of change is extremely unusual.
From the same link, but you knew that right? Yep, looks just like an interglacial cycle to me.

epica_temperature.png

Forum List

Back