An Apology

Uh, yeah, whatever.
In other news Oog's bones are apologizing to Grog's bones for killing him around 600,000 years ago.

Uh, yeah, whatever.
In other news Oog's bones are apologizing to Grog's bones for killing him around 600,000 years ago.

?????????????
Maybe we should all apologize for what all our ancestors did all the way back to the beginning of human history......... It can be a new greeting; "Hi, nice to meet you. Sorry my ancestors killed/enslaved/extorted your ancestors hundreds of years ago. Would you like reparations? I have a twenty in my pocket......"

Uh, yeah, whatever.

?????????????
Maybe we should all apologize for what all our ancestors did all the way back to the beginning of human history......... It can be a new greeting; "Hi, nice to meet you. Sorry my ancestors killed/enslaved/extorted your ancestors hundreds of years ago. Would you like reparations? I have a twenty in my pocket......"

Not talking about "the beginning of human history." The veterans who are being offered an apology are still alive.

Uh, yeah, whatever.

Grog is just a Hollywood interpretation of that ancient name. His real name was Greg, and that is why Oog killed him. The chicks dug Greg's name.

The Japanese had a lot more to apologize for. And it won't matter anyway, the damage is done. Since 1933, since the invasion of China , Japan has got a lot to answer for. Japanese atrocities from Nan King to Burma, too numerous to bother with. Does Japan apologize for being fascist and starting WWII? If and WHEN they do, then we are talking!

Uh, yeah, whatever.

?????????????

Not talking about "the beginning of human history." The veterans who are being offered an apology are still alive.
Some.
It's past, over and done with, history that happened 70 years ago. There were major differences in cultures (norms), how each viewed and treated prisoners.
It just seems everyone either wants an apology or thinks they have to apologize for what was done to/happened to their ancestors.
Life goes on, move on with it.

The Japanese had a lot more to apologize for. And it won't matter anyway, the damage is done. Since 1933, since the invasion of China , Japan has got a lot to answer for. Japanese atrocities from Nan King to Burma, too numerous to bother with. Does Japan apologize for being fascist and starting WWII? If and WHEN they do, then we are talking!

Start talking then...

List of war apology statements issued by Japan - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

"Emperor Hirohito, the Japanese monarch, is reported to have said to General MacArthur: "I come before you to offer myself to the judgment of the powers you represent, as one to bear sole responsibility for every political and military decision made and action taken by my people in the conduct of the war."

"1957: Prime Minister Kishi Nobusuke said to the people of Burma: "We view with deep regret the vexation we caused to the people of Burma in the war just passed. In a desire to atone, if only partially, for the pain suffered, Japan is prepared to meet fully and with goodwill its obligations for war reparations. The Japan of today is not the Japan of the past, but, as its Constitution indicates, is a peace-loving nation."

"September 29, 1972: Prime Minister Kakuei Tanaka said to the people of the People's Republic of China: "The Japanese side is keenly conscious of the responsibility for the serious damage that Japan caused in the past to the Chinese people through war, and deeply reproaches itself. Further, the Japanese side reaffirms its position that it intends to realize the normalization of relations between the two countries from the stand of fully understanding 'the three principles for the restoration of relations' put forward by the Government of the People's Republic of China. The Chinese side expresses its welcome for this"

"August 26, 1982: Chief Cabinet Secretary Kiichi Miyazawa said to the people of the Republic of Korea: "1. The Japanese Government and the Japanese people are deeply aware of the fact that acts by our country in the past caused tremendous suffering and damage to the peoples of Asian countries, including the Republic of Korea (ROK) and China, and have followed the path of a pacifist state with remorse and determination that such acts must never be repeated. Japan has recognized, in the Japan-ROK Joint Communique, of 1965, that the 'past relations are regrettable, and Japan feels deep remorse,' and in the Japan-China Joint Communique, that Japan is 'keenly conscious of the responsibility for the serious damage that Japan caused in the past to the Chinese people through war and deeply reproaches itself.' These statements confirm Japan's remorse and determination which I stated above and this recognition has not changed at all to this day."

"January 1, 1992: Prime Minister Kiichi Miyazawa, in a press conference, said: "Concerning the comfort women, I apologize from the bottom of my heart and feel remorse for those people who suffered indescribable hardships".

And there are many, many more such apologies, so stop making ignorant declarations.

Uh, yeah, whatever.

?????????????

Some.
It's past, over and done with, history that happened 70 years ago. There were major differences in cultures (norms), how each viewed and treated prisoners.
It just seems everyone either wants an apology or thinks they have to apologize for what was done to/happened to their ancestors.

If the company wants to offer an apology to a veteran who suffered through the experience and the veteran is willing to accept it, what the hell problem do you have with it?

Uh, yeah, whatever.

?????????????

Some.

If the company wants to offer an apology to a veteran who suffered through the experience and the veteran is willing to accept it, what the hell problem do you have with it?
What do you care if I have a problem with it or not? :dunno:

Japan was the aggressor in WWII, and they clearly where not humanitarians. Rape of nan King.

Start talking then...

List of war apology statements issued by Japan - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

"Emperor Hirohito, the Japanese monarch, is reported to have said to General MacArthur: "I come before you to offer myself to the judgment of the powers you represent, as one to bear sole responsibility for every political and military decision made and action taken by my people in the conduct of the war."

"1957: Prime Minister Kishi Nobusuke said to the people of Burma: "We view with deep regret the vexation we caused to the people of Burma in the war just passed. In a desire to atone, if only partially, for the pain suffered, Japan is prepared to meet fully and with goodwill its obligations for war reparations. The Japan of today is not the Japan of the past, but, as its Constitution indicates, is a peace-loving nation."

"September 29, 1972: Prime Minister Kakuei Tanaka said to the people of the People's Republic of China: "The Japanese side is keenly conscious of the responsibility for the serious damage that Japan caused in the past to the Chinese people through war, and deeply reproaches itself. Further, the Japanese side reaffirms its position that it intends to realize the normalization of relations between the two countries from the stand of fully understanding 'the three principles for the restoration of relations' put forward by the Government of the People's Republic of China. The Chinese side expresses its welcome for this"

"August 26, 1982: Chief Cabinet Secretary Kiichi Miyazawa said to the people of the Republic of Korea: "1. The Japanese Government and the Japanese people are deeply aware of the fact that acts by our country in the past caused tremendous suffering and damage to the peoples of Asian countries, including the Republic of Korea (ROK) and China, and have followed the path of a pacifist state with remorse and determination that such acts must never be repeated. Japan has recognized, in the Japan-ROK Joint Communique, of 1965, that the 'past relations are regrettable, and Japan feels deep remorse,' and in the Japan-China Joint Communique, that Japan is 'keenly conscious of the responsibility for the serious damage that Japan caused in the past to the Chinese people through war and deeply reproaches itself.' These statements confirm Japan's remorse and determination which I stated above and this recognition has not changed at all to this day."

"January 1, 1992: Prime Minister Kiichi Miyazawa, in a press conference, said: "Concerning the comfort women, I apologize from the bottom of my heart and feel remorse for those people who suffered indescribable hardships".

And there are many, many more such ap
The Japanese had a lot more to apologize for. And it won't matter anyway, the damage is done. Since 1933, since the invasion of China , Japan has got a lot to answer for. Japanese atrocities from Nan King to Burma, too numerous to bother with. Does Japan apologize for being fascist and starti

And there are many, many more such apologies, so stop making ignorant declarations.

Ignorant decorations... Ignorant declarations? It's a little late for the Japanese to get a conscience. 70 years later, that is a big help. How is an apology going to matter NOW?

Uh, yeah, whatever.

?????????????

Some.

Why ask WHY if that particular party that created the conflict lost the lost the conflict? WOW Japan needs to do more than apologize, and accept they where fascists in line with Hitler and Mussolini and were trying to dominate the world. And they LOST. Boo Hoo, Apologize for that.

Japan was the aggressor in WWII, and they clearly where not humanitarians. Rape of nan King.

Start talking then...

And there are many, many more such ap
The Japanese had a lot more to apologize for. And it won't matter anyway, the damage is done. Since 1933, since the invasion of China , Japan has got a lot to answer for. Japanese atrocities from Nan King to Burma, too numerous to bother with. Does Japan apologize for being fascist and starti

Ignorant decorations... Ignorant declarations? It's a little late for the Japanese to get a conscience. 70 years later, that is a big help. How is an apology going to matter NOW?

You suck at admitting you were wrong.

There are still vets alive today that suffered, the Japanese are doing the right thing. I had family that served in the pacific theater, a few that are alive . Better late then never

Many Japanese assumed that a real soldier did not surrender, a real soldier fought to the death or killed themselves. Therefore a captured soldier was not a soldier either, and may not deserve to live. But a captured soldier could be used for work. The fear Americans had, was if they defeated a Japanese unit that had prisoners, the prisoners might be beheaded. It was one of the reasons for the A-bomb, but only one, and if you read of Japan's surrender it was one reason we rushed troops to Japan as soon as possible.

Forum List

Back