Amongst Budget&Israel Border Crisis,Tornado Destruction,Obama Parties In Europe?

It doesn't matter how big or small the catastrophe is if people die. Katrina was huge and i'll admit the govt made alot of mistakes. And they're still making them...i would think they would have learned from Katrina. If these tornado disasters aren't as big as Katrina, then what's their problem? What are they doing to help these people?

If the search and rescue teams are leaving Joplin, it's not that they don't still need the help, it's because our govt doesn't want to spend any more money on the people when they need it for their own special interests.

At least with Katrina...Bush showed his concern for the people. He had compassion...
With these tornado disasters, obama could care less and nothing anyone says would make me think otherwise. He has no compassion for anyone other than himself.

Of course it doesn't matter to you and of course nothing anyone says would make you think otherwise. You've probably hated the man from the start. You probably believe every little piece of right wing propaganda that's been said about him.

Personally, I don't give a shit how you feel about the guy. That's your prerogative.

You are the idiots that use the word Messiah, you guys use a stupid campaign slogan(hope and change) as your mantra of hate. The dude is a politician, nothing more, nothing less.

As far as Obama being in Europe, you do realize that the primary reason for him being there is the G8 summit, right? The rest of the trip is handshaking and back slapping(you know... public relations and all?).

I will say the terrible events of Joplin are on a smaller scale than the terrible events of Katrina. Worth the national news it is getting, but smaller than Katrina. Even a big storm like Joplin hits a neighborhood, drives a 3/4, maybe a mile wide path through a town for a few miles. Hundreds or thousands may be left homeless.

Hurricanes are wider, slower, have more rain. Ocean surges like waves. Different storm.

New Orleans is low low low. A long term flooding issue. A whole stadium full of folks.

Heck, tonight on the news, and being in Missouri we get ALOT of Joplin news, I heard Task Force 1 search and rescue was packing up and leaving Joplin.

A catastrophe, but on a different scale than Katrina.

It doesn't matter how big or small the catastrophe is if people die. Katrina was huge and i'll admit the govt made alot of mistakes. And they're still making them...i would think they would have learned from Katrina. If these tornado disasters aren't as big as Katrina, then what's their problem? What are they doing to help these people?

If the search and rescue teams are leaving Joplin, it's not that they don't still need the help, it's because our govt doesn't want to spend any more money on the people when they need it for their own special interests.

At least with Katrina...Bush showed his concern for the people. He had compassion...
With these tornado disasters, obama could care less and nothing anyone says would make me think otherwise. He has no compassion for anyone other than himself.

What would you like Obama to do, tell the home insurance companies not to worry, he is housing the folks in the unused rooms of the west wing?

This isnt a walk in the park for the poor ppl of Joplin. There are shelters though. There are insurance companies ready to pay out. No one is wandering Missouri starving. Isnt like we have a housing shortage either. If that stretch of Joplin doesnt get rebuilt and is turned into a park perhaps it will add fofty bucks into the price of homes around the state.

Really, what else do you want big government to do here?

I think all the yelling about non issues like this and the birth certificate are what allowed a black man with a funny name to be elected in the first place.

So let me get this straight:

If Obama was in country there'd be no tornados?

If Obama was in country right now, the Israeli border crises would be over?

Interesting theory.

>>>still waiting for Bambi to offer some kind of financial assistance to all those states that were hammered by tornadoes this week !!,,,,Oh wait,,,Obama is broke,,,,guess the west/southeast/ohio/indiana will have to fend for themselves. and to think some of these states voted for Obama,,now they have been hit by tornado's and no money to pay for the re-construction.

Huh. Another big government post. Usually I read "right wing" boards and get them going. Let me try to calm the ultra the big government crowd...

Yes, the spending policies of the five "R" Presidental terms between 80 and 08 left us with a heck of a debt and poor economy. Neither of which has changed in the last three years.
But hey, we won the cold war. Perhaps like a boxing match where the winner ends up punch drunk and retarted afterwards as well, but we got the cold war belt.

With the tornado.....imagine my home gets leveled by a tornado and I live. I go five miles away to my sister's becsuse that seems more fun than a hotel. The private company Ameren shows up and fixes the power lines. I call my insurance company and submit a claim. American Family totals my home and we get to argue about the finer points of paying me off so I can move elsewhere or rebuilding.

The Red Cross type businesses shelter those w/o relatives near by.

Not Katrina. No Superdome full of near refugee status humans.

Someone yelling "Obama didn't hug me and rebuild my house for my insurance company after the Tornado I am voting Palin because she likes small government" only makes that person look helpless and hypocritical. This is not an issue.

Spinning by Conservatives inevitably leads to vomiting.

If any of you right wing idiots ever actually read the news, perhaps you would realize that the G-8 Summit is being held in France this weekend.

Partying? Courting the Irish vote? On vacation?

morons

Of course it doesn't matter to you and of course nothing anyone says would make you think otherwise. You've probably hated the man from the start. You probably believe every little piece of right wing propaganda that's been said about him.

Personally, I don't give a shit how you feel about the guy. That's your prerogative.

You are the idiots that use the word Messiah, you guys use a stupid campaign slogan(hope and change) as your mantra of hate. The dude is a politician, nothing more, nothing less.

As far as Obama being in Europe, you do realize that the primary reason for him being there is the G8 summit, right? The rest of the trip is handshaking and back slapping(you know... public relations and all?).

No, i don't hate the man, i just believe he's the most incompetent president we've ever had, even worse than Carter! I have never called him the Messiah, Jesus is the only Messiah. I haven't even called him the antichrist like so many have. And no, i don't believe everything i hear, but if what i hear comes from several reputible sources, then yes, it's hard not to believe it. Just like the libs believe everything they hear that's negative against conservatives. But like you said, it doesn't matter what people think, it's their right to think any way they want. But i believe many are not "thinking" at all, they're just sucking up all the propaganda that's being thrown out there without any proof.

As for the G8 Summit...that's fine, he should be there. But he doesn't have to be in Ireland, England, and wherever else he stopped at before the summit. With the disasters we are having here in the US, he needs to be here and make sure that people are being helped, show a "little bit" of compassion for his own people.

Of course i guess i don't really know what i expect from him anymore...besides getting Bin Laden (by carrying on Bush's plan), he hasn't accomplished crap in almost 3 yrs.

>>>still waiting for Bambi to offer some kind of financial assistance to all those states that were hammered by tornadoes this week !!,,,,Oh wait,,,Obama is broke,,,,guess the west/southeast/ohio/indiana will have to fend for themselves. and to think some of these states voted for Obama,,now they have been hit by tornado's and no money to pay for the re-construction.

Huh. Another big government post. Usually I read "right wing" boards and get them going. Let me try to calm the ultra the big government crowd...

Yes, the spending policies of the five "R" Presidental terms between 80 and 08 left us with a heck of a debt and poor economy. Neither of which has changed in the last three years.
But hey, we won the cold war. Perhaps like a boxing match where the winner ends up punch drunk and retarted afterwards as well, but we got the cold war belt.

With the tornado.....imagine my home gets leveled by a tornado and I live. I go five miles away to my sister's becsuse that seems more fun than a hotel. The private company Ameren shows up and fixes the power lines. I call my insurance company and submit a claim. American Family totals my home and we get to argue about the finer points of paying me off so I can move elsewhere or rebuilding.

The Red Cross type businesses shelter those w/o relatives near by.

Not Katrina. No Superdome full of near refugee status humans.

Someone yelling "Obama didn't hug me and rebuild my house for my insurance company after the Tornado I am voting Palin because she likes small government" only makes that person look helpless and hypocritical. This is not an issue.

With Katrina, the people down there were warned for DAYS to get out of the area. I know some most likely had no place to go...but many decided they could "ride it out". Those people i don't feel sorry for, they were warned and many ignored it.

With the tornados, they might have had a 20 minute warning. No chance to go anyplace at all to get away from it. How many of these people do you think could not afford insurance? Nowadays MANY people don't have insurance because they just can't afford it, especially if they're unemployed like many are now. That is when the Govt needs to step in and help these people. We pay taxes to that government - they spend it on frivolous crap then there's nothing there when it's truly needed. If they would stop sending billions to other countries, the money might just be available for our own people!

Forum List

Back