Amnesty Int'l to USA: No "Life" for under 18. Only Somalia does too. Pub 3rd world?

I just hope the Liberals on this Board are never actually mugged by reality. Because their delusions & fantasies would disappear instantly. When brutality actually hits you or your family,it really does shatter a lot of previously held convictions. People really do enjoy preaching about being intellectually superior and enlightened when they're sitting on the sidelines never experiencing brutal crimes themselves. It makes them feel good about themselves. But reality will wake you up. Lots of very bad people out there. Just hope & pray they never target you.

Or you might not be an over emotional dingbat. Did they target you? Did you pizz them off, Rush? They did target me but they liked me.....woof.

Perhaps you should offer some good jobs, Obamacare, good education, etc...they like it when they feel wanted...

Somehow these bad people always end up being minorities in the dupe imagination...and the ones with life without parole in our system...

Sorry, life without parole is too much for minors. Obviously. Not too much to ask.

Damn commie furriners are sure to not ask ANYTHING like too much. They are familiar with our batshytte crazy, xenophobic, ignorant, arrogant, violent,1/2 racist, ugly 'Merican Pub dupes LOL. More medication!

You'll change your superior tone when or if you or a family member experiences a violent crime. You fit that old 'Liberal mugged by reality' saying perfectly. You're a stereotype. You just haven't been mugged by reality yet. And God willing,you never will. Good luck.

I was mugged by the West Side Bicycle Thief, a crack head with a gun who pistol whipped a bunch of people. You? (he just RODE a bike)

Last edited:
So why do you think the US has the highest crime rates in the modern world? See my sig. (I also bet we have the lowest % of crimes reported ay caramba.)

I notice lately you have a lot of disagreements with the GOP's facts, but I assume you still vote GOP. WTF?

I was mugged by the West Side Bicycle Thief, a crack head with a gun who pistol whipped a bunch of people. You?

We'll see how much hubris and superiority you express when or if your Mother,Grandmother,Sister,or Daughter is brutally attacked by one of these monsters. I promise you'll have no choice but to hop off that high horse of yours. You're not intellectually superior in any way. That's all just hubris. Reality has a way of slapping people like you down. Like i said,i really do hope you & your loved ones never have to suffer at the hands of one of these monsters. Good luck and God bless.

And why should I give a damn what a corrupt organization has to say about me and my community? We can govern ourselves and it's none of their business.

US must stop jailing minors for life, says Amnesty. Amnesty says severe sentences for young offenders often do not take account of mitigating factors Amnesty International has called for the US to stop sentencing juveniles to life in prison without parole.

More than 2,500 adults are in US jails for crimes committed as a child - under current rules they will never be freed.

In its new report, Amnesty says the practice is incompatible with the basic principles of juvenile justice.

The US and Somalia are the only two countries not to have ratified a UN convention that bans life in jail without parole for under-18 year olds.

'Potential for rehabilitation'

Amnesty says offenders as young as 11 have faced such sentences in the US.

"In the USA, people under 18 years old cannot vote, buy alcohol, lottery tickets or consent to most forms of medical treatment," said Natacha Mension, of the human rights group.

Continue reading the main story
AMNESTY CASE STUDY
Christi Cheramie was jailed for life without parole in 1994 in Louisiana when she was 16 years old. She was convicted of second-degree murder in the killing of her 18-year-old fiance's great aunt. Cheramie says he did it.

She says she pleaded guilty just before her trial in an adult court began to avert a potential death sentence. A psychiatrist who saw Cheramie before trial said she seemed "fearful of crossing" her fiance. Her childhood was marked by sexual abuse. At age 13, she was admitted to a psychiatric clinic after suicide attempts.

In 2001, Cheramie tried to withdraw her guilty plea, but the request was denied. Now 33, she has a high-school equivalency diploma and a degree in agricultural studies. A warden says Cheramie is "worthy of a second chance". She is applying to the state prison board for executive clemency.
"But they can be sentenced to die in prison for their actions. This needs to change."

More than half of US states have approved the use of mandatory life sentences without parole for some serious crimes, such as murder.

The US Supreme Court has already acted on some aspects of youth sentencing - and a review is underway.

In May last year it banned sentences of life without parole for minors in non-murder cases.

Earlier this month, it agreed to consider the issue in relation to homicide cases, too; a decision is not expected until next year.

Amnesty's report, This is where I'm going to be when I die, says such sentences are handed down without considering factors such as history of abuse or mental health.

"We are not excusing crimes committed by children or minimizing their consequences, but the simple reality is that these sentences ignore the special potential for rehabilitation and change that young offenders have," said Ms Mension.

Amnesty wants the US to ratify the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child, which has been in force for two decades.

It prohibits the imposition of life imprisonment without the possibility of release for any offence committed by under-18-year-olds.

BBC News - US must stop jailing minors for life, says Amnesty

I'm tired of over enthusiastic prosecution, draconian punishments, and horrible defense lawyers, etc.

New Guinea is the other country without Parental Leave...Thanks Elitist megarich pubs, and of course the brainwashed dupes....
So in short? YOU wish to cave to world opinion and give up Soverignty?

I'll bet you are a desciple of the United Nations...Cave to opinion?

Have NO mind of your own?

About cover it?

USA and SOMALIA alone do this. A disgrace, dupes. No matter who said it. I'll go with AI over an ignorant lynch mob, thanks...

thumbnailCAAZEJTV.jpg

USA and SOMALIA alone do this. A disgrace, dupes. No matter who said it. I'll go with AI over an ignorant lynch mob, thanks...

So because we arent blindly following after Europeans, we are a disgrace.

Id disgrace you everyday if it means doing what's right and seeing Justice done.

Save the bloated rich, blame the victims, lock up the children without chance of parole. Pub dupes!! The GOP is a disgrce and you morons too lol. Change the channel. God will not be amused.

After 30 years of Voodoo: worst min. wage, work conditions, illegal work safeguards, vacations, work week, college costs, rich/poor gap, upward social mobility, % homeless and in prison EVAH, and in the modern world!! And you complain about the victims? Are you an idiot or an A-hole?

Life without parole is bs for under 18. But thanks for the black helicopter update, brainwashed xenophobe ignorant Ugly 'Mericans...lol

I'm still waiting for you to provide evidence for your claim that liberals have IQs 10 points higher then conservatives.:link::popcorn:

Life without parole is bs for under 18. But thanks for the black helicopter update, brainwashed xenophobe ignorant Ugly 'Mericans...lol

I'm still waiting for you to provide evidence for your claim that liberals have IQs 10 points higher then conservatives.:link::popcorn:

No hes confused again. He was trying to say liberals only have an IQ of ten.

He hopes to be there soon.

Save the bloated rich, blame the victims, lock up the children without chance of parole. Pub dupes!! The GOP is a disgrce and you morons too lol. Change the channel. God will not be amused.

You imbecile. Here is an example of a prick you think is worth saving. You are a worthless piece of excrement and demonstrate that every time you write some of your drivel down.

No, Tuesday, March 1, 2005, was not a good day for justice. Sally Satel, both a medical doctor and practicing psychiatrist, a lecturer at Yale Medical School, and W.H. Brady Fellow at the American Enterprise Institute, said on CNN Student News that the decision by the U.S. Supreme Court to abolish the death penalty for juveniles was an assault on personal responsibility. In a USA Today article last February, Satel contended: "To be sure, adolescent brains neither look nor function the same as adult brains. Teens can be reckless: they often drive too fast, drink too much, and skateboard down staircases. But premeditated murder? The brains of 6-year-olds are far less developed than teens', but even they fully understand that binding an innocent person and throwing her off of a bridge is wrong."

Satel was specifically referring to Christopher Simmons, whose case, Roper v. Simmons, the High Court considered in making its ruling against the execution of minors. Simmons, who was 17 at the time, decided with some friends it would be "cool" to murder someone. Simmons' idea was to find an individual to burglarize, tie up, and then throw off a bridge. His contention was that he and his friends would get away with the crime because of their ages. In what was clearly a premeditated act, Simmons broke into the home of Shirley Crook, kicked and beat her incessantly, bound her with duct tape and electrical wire, abducted her by way of her own mini-van, and preceded to take her to the Meramec River in St. Louis County, Missouri. Crook pleaded for her life, but Simmons coldly pushed her from a train trestle into the murky waters below. "Bubble, bubble," said Simmons as Crook sank to her death.

http://www.renewamerica.com/columns/creech/050307

After 30 years of Voodoo: worst min. wage, work conditions, illegal work safeguards, vacations, work week, college costs, rich/poor gap, upward social mobility, % homeless and in prison EVAH, and in the modern world!! And you complain about the victims? Are you an idiot or an A-hole?

Soooo, because they are poor it's OK for them to murder people? Dude, you're one fucked up individual.

Forum List

Back