Americans

I think the best place to begin to rebuild this country is with the Constitution. It doesn't seem to mean much to Washington politicians these days.

See I used to believe this but I realized that would require a very limited government and what congressman is going to vote for a bill to get rid of their salary and make them volunteers? Its just the way our government is run.

Every great society falls, now I know Big Brother is going to know all my history within 15 minutes of me posting this but its true. The United States will eventually fall. Maybe in our lifetime or not, but America will not be the same in 200 years from now and may not even be around in 2000 years.

Egypt, Rome, Greece, all great societies fall.

Absolute bosch. Not a single thing says that courts can strike down legislation as unconstitutional.
That principle was first enumerated in Marbury v Madison.

Your initial Q was about judicial review.

Yes, it was.

Yes, Judicial review ONLY, not conclusionary law.

If they could not strike any constitutional complaint down, everything the government did would be constitutional regardless of how egregious.

I think the best place to begin to rebuild this country is with the Constitution. It doesn't seem to mean much to Washington politicians these days.

Of course it never did. Show me one piece of legislation that was withdrawn or voted down because Congress didnt feel they had the authority to do that.
Also show me where judicial review is in the constitution.
People want to "go back" to the constitution but forget how much it has changed in 200 years.

The Constitution was meant to be a living document that could be modified over time as changes warrant it.

HUH?

I believe that you are confusing the Original Constitution with the communist manifesto.

Your initial Q was about judicial review.

Yes, it was.

Yes, Judicial review ONLY, not conclusionary law.

If they could not strike any constitutional complaint down, everything the government did would be constitutional regardless of how egregious.

But none of that is in the Constitution. It is a power the Supreme Court arrogated to itself.
I don't think eminent domain is in the constitution either. But no one disputes it is a power of the gov't.

But none of that is in the Constitution. It is a power the Supreme Court arrogated to itself.
I don't think eminent domain is in the constitution either. But no one disputes it is a power of the gov't.

Conclusionary decisions are an inherent byproduct of Article 3 power.

ED is the Takings clause under the 5th AM.

Conclusionary decisions are an inherent byproduct of Article 3 power.
Every court decision is an inherent by product of some power in the constitution. That doesn't mean it's actually written there.
Right to privacy. Right to abortion. One could go on and on.

Every court decision is an inherent by product of some power in the constitution. That doesn't mean it's actually written there.
Right to privacy. Right to abortion. One could go on and on.[/QUOTE]

True. The 1st AM has been expanded to include freedom of locomotion etc., and in rare cases can also bind a private entity, not only the government.

Seperation of church and state is judicially created doctrine of the 1st AM.

I think too many Americans slept while real damaging change was being made to the country and now that the effects of those changes are occurring they are raging against the machine a day late and a dollar short.

Forum List

Back