Americans killed in a single day: Al-Qaeda vs Confederacy

Guess who cased the death of 7,000 Americans in a single day -- in no less than 20 minutes? Yep you guessed it right, the Confederacy. Yet we still have traitorous Americans proudly flying the Confederate Flag.

I went down south and saw all those forts, and statues celebrating the Confederacy. I wonder, will Al-Qaeda be celebrated? Maybe not, they only killed 3,000 people, not all of them Americans, and it took a lot longer than 20 minutes.

There was tenacity to their cause on both sides. There had been many years of deeply held resentment on both sides. There was the notion that to maximize damage to the other side would speed the war's end, and most of the battles (not all; some were guerilla) were set-piece confrontations in which the incidence of mortal wounds is maximized.

There are still sympathizers for the vanquished South. There is still the expression of emotion that comes from a family feud. The common soldiery of the south were more like that of the north than the aristocrats who were their betters. Southern aristocracy and plantation culture were transplants from European root stock.

But there seems to be more public expressions of patriotism for the US in the south than the north, and the deeper the south the moreso.

Absolutely.

Bullshit.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubzG1CFi8cs]"Sovereignty or Secession" Rally in Austin, Texas - YouTube[/ame]
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bz3PZSLjhmA]Ron Paul talks about secession... in front of the Confederate Flag - YouTube[/ame]
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27Qb_wMT2I8]Governor Rick Perry, Texas and secession. - YouTube[/ame]

State's Rights. Confederacy lost. They were pardoned. They started a killing war and lost. Confederate politicians caused more trouble for more people even after they lost the Civil War. Still doing it.

If I had my way I'd tear down most every single Confederate War memorial. Might as well built a memorial to Japanese suicide pilots at Pearl Harbor

Then you have no understanding or appreciation of history. And FYI, it was the United States that issued the Declaration of War in the war of northern aggression. I'm guessing all those monuments WILL be torn down, but not by who you think. I'm fairly ceratin EVERY memorial in the US will be torn down by muslims. Evenutally. I just hope my eyes and those of my children and grandchildren are safely closed in death when it occurs. Barbarians have overrun civilizations before. It will happen again. They certainly overran the South.

Muslims? :cuckoo:

But I understand history very well. I know that the state's rights arguments of Southern States stay alive with all this bullshit, even though we settled those issues ages ago.

Don't play that Declaration of War game with me. One of my dearest friends from ages ago is a Southerner and a history Prof. He used to tell me all about the Southern reality deniers.

There was tenacity to their cause on both sides. There had been many years of deeply held resentment on both sides. There was the notion that to maximize damage to the other side would speed the war's end, and most of the battles (not all; some were guerilla) were set-piece confrontations in which the incidence of mortal wounds is maximized.

There are still sympathizers for the vanquished South. There is still the expression of emotion that comes from a family feud. The common soldiery of the south were more like that of the north than the aristocrats who were their betters. Southern aristocracy and plantation culture were transplants from European root stock.

But there seems to be more public expressions of patriotism for the US in the south than the north, and the deeper the south the moreso.

Absolutely.

Bullshit.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubzG1CFi8cs]"Sovereignty or Secession" Rally in Austin, Texas - YouTube[/ame]
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bz3PZSLjhmA]Ron Paul talks about secession... in front of the Confederate Flag - YouTube[/ame]
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27Qb_wMT2I8]Governor Rick Perry, Texas and secession. - YouTube[/ame]

It must be very hard to go through life filled with as much hate as you have inside you.

State's Rights. Confederacy lost. They were pardoned. They started a killing war and lost. Confederate politicians caused more trouble for more people even after they lost the Civil War. Still doing it.

If I had my way I'd tear down most every single Confederate War memorial. Might as well built a memorial to Japanese suicide pilots at Pearl Harbor

Then you have no understanding or appreciation of history. And FYI, it was the United States that issued the Declaration of War in the war of northern aggression. I'm guessing all those monuments WILL be torn down, but not by who you think. I'm fairly ceratin EVERY memorial in the US will be torn down by muslims. Evenutally. I just hope my eyes and those of my children and grandchildren are safely closed in death when it occurs. Barbarians have overrun civilizations before. It will happen again. They certainly overran the South.

But I understand history very well. I know that the state's rights arguments of Southern States stay alive with all this bullshit, even though we settled those issues ages ago.

Don't play that Declaration of War game with me. One of my dearest friends from ages ago is a Southerner and a history Prof. He used to tell me all about the Southern reality deniers.

LOL. And I bet some of your best friends are black too! :lol: You funny boah!

Guess who cased the death of 7,000 Americans in a single day -- in no less than 20 minutes? Yep you guessed it right, the Confederacy. Yet we still have traitorous Americans proudly flying the Confederate Flag.

I went down south and saw all those forts, and statues celebrating the Confederacy. I wonder, will Al-Qaeda be celebrated? Maybe not, they only killed 3,000 people, not all of them Americans, and it took a lot longer than 20 minutes.

There was tenacity to their cause on both sides. There had been many years of deeply held resentment on both sides. There was the notion that to maximize damage to the other side would speed the war's end, and most of the battles (not all; some were guerilla) were set-piece confrontations in which the incidence of mortal wounds is maximized. That accounts for the large numbers of dead in any single day.

Overcompensation

Absolutely.

Bullshit.

It must be very hard to go through life filled with as much hate as you have inside you.

I hate traitors and treasonous bastards that hate the US.

Sue me.

LOL. And I bet some of your best friends are black too! :lol: You funny boah!
:lol:

Southern history Prof. who schooled me. bit of a diff, but funny

But no black history Profs, although I used to go to Skip Gates' house, when he was married to S. Adams.

The Southern Confederacy were traitors. They got pardoned. Criminals get pardoned.

They should have been executed.

that is something agreed upon before hostilities cease. terms of cease fire and end to hostilities and peace deals.

It was a bad deal..as Jim Crow laws..and this secessionist movement have shown.

The very idea of the confederacy should strike fear in the hearts of every southerner.

It doesn't.

Conservative estimates are that the Union army killed 50,000 Southern civilians. Sheridan's march down the Shenandoah Valley burning barns left perhaps hundreds of innocent civilians who were ironically loyal to the Union to starve to death in the harsh winter. Who could justify the conduct of a crazy general who thought he was the "sword of retribution" when he told civilians to abandon Atlanta and then burned the city? Don't forget the "draft riots" in 1863 in New York where every Black person the rioters could find was lynched to a lamp post. Estimates are from 100 to 500 Blacks were murdered in a couple of days of rioting.

Every confederate should have been impaled and left on the road all along the south. The heads of Robert E. Lee and Jefferson Davis should have been put on a spike and left to be fly blown. The Confederate flag should have been outlawed..and flying the colors should mean a lengthy jail term.

Sherman didn't go far enough.

try harder

1/20

the term *war of northern aggression always make me think of this lady

grannyclampett.jpg

SoCal history is better than fiction: Clampitt History

The Clampitt companies that owned the wells in, and above, Elsmere Canyon are long gone, but I wanted to locate any living relatives. They might have some information or pictures from this period. The Clampitts, especially Leah, one of Edward's daughters, led interesting lives. I could find very little information on how the Clampitt brothers evidently became wealthy after coming to California. They must have worked hard and got lucky in the oil business. They owned wells in Kern Country and Los Angeles. They both died young - Don at 38 and Edward at 49, both from unknown causes. Edward was elected to the Los Angeles City Council in 1906 and served three years. He was at one time a member of the Republican State Central Committee, the Chamber of Commerce, the Chamber of Mines and Oils, the Los Angeles Athletic Club, and the Elks Club. He became such an important person that at his funeral, the governor of California and the mayor of Los Angeles were honorary pallbearers. In honor of his public service, the city hall flag was placed at half mast. I found a short biography of him which I have included below the following chart and a longer biography at the bottom of the page.

the term *war of northern aggression always make me think of this lady

grannyclampett.jpg

They should have been executed.

that is something agreed upon before hostilities cease. terms of cease fire and end to hostilities and peace deals.

It was a bad deal..as Jim Crow laws..and this secessionist movement have shown.

The very idea of the confederacy should strike fear in the hearts of every southerner.

It doesn't.

Sallow, I saw some of the battle flags go down after 9/11/01, with the Stars & Stripes in their place. I have ancestors that fought on the wrong side. There is a Civil War reenactment just a few miles from here, YEARLY. The stars & bars are rare, worth a lot to collectors.

It took a black Democratic President to take out Bin Laden.

What is it with the left? They were telling us that Bin Ladin should be left alone for 8 years and then they use words like "take the bastard out" as soon as a democrat moves into the White House.

They apparently have forgotten this is America where you can display any symbol you want. Japanese can even have memorials to those who bombed Pearl Harbor, and you are free to fly the nazi flag if you wish. There is no law agains either thing. There are some on here who have to be the most goddamned repressive individuals I have ever met. They are only tolerant of one another, and everyone else should be stomped like an ant hill. Thank GOD we live in America. I just hope it stays that way a few more years.

It took a black Democratic President to take out Bin Laden.

What is it with the left? They were telling us that Bin Ladin should be left alone for 8 years and then they use words like "take the bastard out" as soon as a democrat moves into the White House.

And all southerners should have been killed. Real tolerant them leftists.

Forum List

Back