Americans are Fat

I used to think Americans were fat because they were lazy. I now believe that they're being lied to and manipulated through the FDA food pyramid.

You can follow that plan religiously and still not lose enough weight to be considered medically fit.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/healt...ho-lost-40-pounds-eating-primal-anything.html

I agree with you Mad Scientist.
The new measure (Body Mass Index) as being Fat, makes the numbers much higher, so they can control us through their liberal agenda ( school lunches, fast food resturants and on and on it will go.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aP3UUHskkGE]Obesity More Prevalent Among Blacks, Hispanics - YouTube[/ame]

Obesity in mainly a black and Hispanic problem

Piss off, racist.

Everyone at the IHOP I last went to was white. And 98% of them were obese. The only other couple I saw who wasn't fat was a Japanese couple.

FFS, I travel through enough airports to see how fat white America has become.

Obesity in mainly a black and Hispanic problem

Piss off, racist.

Everyone at the IHOP I last went to was white. And 98% of them were obese. The only other couple I saw who wasn't fat was a Japanese couple.

FFS, I travel through enough airports to see how fat white America has become.

This is bull. I've been to Canada and there is very little difference between the people there and the people here. Plus BMI is a horribly flawed concept.
According to BMI Brad Pitt is overweight, and George Clooney is obese :cuckoo: .
Make sure to tell that to all the ladies that are in love with these two guys.

large_OBESITY.jpg

The weird thing is that when you come off of the caffeine and sugar you start to actually think differently, you perceive the world differently. As it is and not through a sugar or food induced "fog". Then that cascades into everything else in your life.

I know it sounds strange but my psyche has changed in really subtle ways that are hard to describe. The obvious one is that my wife has pointed out that I'm not nearly as grumpy as I used to be. :lol:

I really believe we can be manipulated through our diet.

Look, the FDA approves and pushes the food pyramid that induces problems that can only be controlled by drugs approved by that same FDA!

Coincidence? :confused:

What you post I don't find weird nor do I think it sounds strange. It sounds normal and reasonable to me. Perhaps your (my) grumpiness stemmed from being unhappy with how you looked and felt, due to the excess of carbs and sugar you (I was) were consuming day after day. I know from my own experience I was unhappy most times I ate a high-fat meal or spent a little too much time enjoying delicious decadent sugary desserts. Sure, it tasted good when it was going down, but a couple of hours later .... well that's a different story. The battle would begin in my head on why I ate what I ate and how little self-control I had, making myself feel worse each time. It was a vicious unhealthy cycle for both my body and mind. Keeping insulin levels balanced can absolutely help with the psyche ... the moodiness. As far as caffeine goes ... I've continued to enjoy one cup of hot coffee in the morning, cutting back from three I used to drink.

Last weekend a friend who lost 105 lbs. came to visit. She brought with her a bag of 'baked' snacks from Trader Joes. Faux onion rings the bag claimed you couldn't eat just one. I really had no interest in eating any but I tried one. One. That's all I needed to know it was something I didn't want to eat, regardless of the fact they were baked. She proceeded to eat just about the entire bag.

I'm sure you understand Mad Scientist so I won't say how 'strange' this might be, but I now crave healthy foods. I want to eat veggies. I want to eat fruits. All need and desire and cravings to eat high-fat, high-carb and high-sugar foods has left me and I am free! I can't explain how it happened ... it just happened.

Last edited:

Genius, that's because the easy availability to starch over other choices you might find in a more urban setting tend to inflate the population's gut. Add in the fact that most Americans are running their asses silly working in corporate sweat shops with no time to make something decent and it's a recipe for fatties. Yes, there is some inherited obesity among blacks and hispanics but I don't see why that matters. For all we know you probably have a genetic propensity to fornicate with your 1st cousins but nobody here is holding that against you.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DyqY5BNf-pk]Poverty, Ethnicity Affect Obesity Among Uk Children - YouTube[/ame]

Americans eat too much, exercise too little and demographically spekaing, are growing older (ergo, fatter) too.

What I find most most troubling is the number of overweight children.

I suspect that the number one problem, is SODA consumption.

4f.gif

Americans eat too much, exercise too little and demographically spekaing, are growing older (ergo, fatter) too.

What I find most most troubling is the number of overweight children.

I suspect that the number one problem, is SODA consumption.

4f.gif

Soda consumption and video games... and parents who don't make them get out and do some type of physical activity.

For a lot of people, me included... it's a problem of addiction. There just isn't any sort of framework in this country to cope with the addictive problems people have been developing over their lifetimes when it comes to food.

No, the diet and exercise industry and all their gimmicky inventions are not a solution. Those are simply money-making industries designed around the knowledge that people will typically fail.

Forum List

Back