Americans ALL!!!

It is truly regretable that true tolerance as practiced today seems to have a connotation of I will tolerate you as long as you think like me talk like me walk like me and so on. Funny the Founding Fathers did not see it that way and neither do I.

The Founding Fathers owned slaves.

It is truly regretable that true tolerance as practiced today seems to have a connotation of I will tolerate you as long as you think like me talk like me walk like me and so on. Funny the Founding Fathers did not see it that way and neither do I.
Look up Lawrence Auster National Review, he goes on and on about how immigrants are ruining our culture. They are not americanizing but pushing their culture on us! He compares them to Stalinism and Nazism! He like so many our mad that minorities are in text books and might be replacing "white" leaders.

How I am acting like it is miracle! I was just posting other african americans who had done good things. Might I remind you, you were the one who posted something about it being minority month like that was the only time we can talk about minorities that have made a difference. And where did I was 'EVEN' those black people have done something good.
Way to ruin something that was good and turn it into a shit fest!

It's insulting and patronizing. Someday maybe you will figure it out----better yet--go to the ghetto and tell everyone there about it. It will make them feel so proud to have some honkey telling them all about black history.:lol:

The Founding Fathers owned slaves.
But treated them better, if that makes it better! They usually only had a few, more like house servants. In northern states they usually had about 5 or 6. penn. only had about 1500 slaves a lot less compared to southern states.In virginia they even got vacation time! I am not saying it was right but some treated their slaves better then others.

It's insulting and patronizing. Someday maybe you will figure it out----better yet--go to the ghetto and tell everyone there about it. It will make them feel so proud to have some honkey telling them all about black history.:lol:
Wow! I was just posting names about black people who were pioneers! I guess I should not talk about it and live in my own little world full of hatred! I mean you sure like to live there!

Here's the problem. Throughout much of American history, minority groups, African Americans in particular have been considered a sub-class- not even counted as full people in the original constitution. This has two effects. First, it means that many accomplishments that would be noted as historical accomplishments for anyone regardless of race, were overlooked- often intentionally. Consider if you made textbooks for schools in the 1950's. If you list a great number of accomplishments of African Americans in your history books, how do you think your sales would be in the old south? Additionally, when prejudice was rampant, the population was not as interested as a whole in minority accomplishments because they couldn't "relate" to them or would not look to them as heroic examples. So many were "conveniently" forgotten. The second effect is that the value of accomplishments of minorities, especially those from groups who have been treated poorly in American history is remarkable. It is easier to make a great sacrifice or work toward a great accomplishment when you know your sacrifice will be remembered or your accomplishment heralded. It is also easier to give more when you feel a sense of appreciation for all your country has given you or done for you. African Americans and other minorities have not frequently had these advantages. Often when they made sacrifices or achieved great things, even things as simple as serving in the military, they did it with the knowledge that most of the nation disregarded them at best, and despised them at worst. During WWII black American soldiers fought and died, only to return to a nation, especially the south, where they could be subjected to lynchings, segregation, and open hostility with little reprieve from the government of their country. I heard one WWII vet's story that they had brought German POW's back to an American military base and were assigned to guard them. On several occasions they had to take the prisoner into town to eat, and while the German P.O.W's were allowed to go inside, the African American soldiers were forced to stay outside. To sacrifce for a country that has treated you that way is an accomplishment.

It has nothing to do with saying "what a great achievement for someone of your skin color", it has to do with "what a great achievement for someone facing so much adversity". And African American accomplishments today, while not free of adversity, are in my opinion worthy of celebration primarily as an example of our progress toward a nation united in its humanity.

Do you know when I first joined the Military and went to OCS in Pensacola as someone of latino heritage I learned one thing very quickly and that is that you trust in one another because you depend upon one another. To judge someone based on the color of their skin is simply put ignorant, and shows a basic lack of compassion. All of us are Americans and therefor when we talk of heritage be it Ed Alvarez, Dorrie Miller, Neil Armstrong, or whoever, they are all Americans and therefor deserve to be judged by that. The original point of my post was a simple one, that a common value we share is not what color our skin is, but what we are and thats that we are Americans and should be judged by the acts we do and the content of our hearts. Each of us as Americans deserves to read and enjoy the rich history that this nation offers and it is not reserved for the few or a class of individuals to hold unto themselves. If we as Americans would take the time to enjoy and appreciate those great Americans that came before us then perhaps we can have a better understanding of the Amercans that now wish to lead us and leave this nation for those that will come after us.

Do you know when I first joined the Military and went to OCS in Pensacola as someone of latino heritage I learned one thing very quickly and that is that you trust in one another because you depend upon one another. To judge someone based on the color of their skin is simply put ignorant, and shows a basic lack of compassion. All of us are Americans and therefor when we talk of heritage be it Ed Alvarez, Dorrie Miller, Neil Armstrong, or whoever, they are all Americans and therefor deserve to be judged by that. The original point of my post was a simple one, that a common value we share is not what color our skin is, but what we are and thats that we are Americans and should be judged by the acts we do and the content of our hearts. Each of us as Americans deserves to read and enjoy the rich history that this nation offers and it is not reserved for the few or a class of individuals to hold unto themselves. If we as Americans would take the time to enjoy and appreciate those great Americans that came before us then perhaps we can have a better understanding of the Amercans that now wish to lead us and leave this nation for those that will come after us.
Navy, I think that says it well. Color, creed, sexual orientation, do not matter. Care for one's fellow human in conditions given is what matters. To cherry pick some for accolades by definition leaves others out in the cold.

Now there are the few that rise beyond what anyone could expect, they deserve to be labeled heroes. But NOT because of their specialness of color, creed, etc., but of their care, compassion and concern for their fellow man.

Americans all? What about those who accept government assistance, yet have the means to provide for themselves? Do they deserve the sacrifices of our fathers?
You really need to get over your problem with welfare mom's.
Some do use it as a temporary thing when they don't have any other choice!

Americans all? What about those who accept government assistance, yet have the means to provide for themselves? Do they deserve the sacrifices of our fathers?

Well xisted if that question was directed to me, then let me see if I can address it. If someone who is willingly accepting government assistance , yet has the means to support themselves, thats called fraud and should be prosecuted for it. Your other question is are they Americans well thats a very simple one, it depends on the person accepting the assistance however if they are a citizen then as far as I am concerned yes they are no less an American. Do they deserve the sacrifices of our fathers, thats a different question, on one hand, I submit that when someone like this who has committed a crime is convicted they have given up that right so are undeserving of generations that came before them. However, on the other hand the freedoms that our fathers fought so hard to win for over 200 plus years cannot be selective. So the rights and freedoms must be applied to all even low lifes that would do things like that.

Look up Lawrence Auster National Review, he goes on and on about how immigrants are ruining our culture. They are not americanizing but pushing their culture on us! He compares them to Stalinism and Nazism! He like so many our mad that minorities are in text books and might be replacing "white" leaders.

An amazing thing happened on my way to this point in my life I emigrated from a country that had been taken over by communists. I certainly do not need someone's book to tell me of that which I have lived, now do I?

Well xisted if that question was directed to me, then let me see if I can address it. If someone who is willingly accepting government assistance , yet has the means to support themselves, thats called fraud and should be prosecuted for it. Your other question is are they Americans well thats a very simple one, it depends on the person accepting the assistance however if they are a citizen then as far as I am concerned yes they are no less an American. Do they deserve the sacrifices of our fathers, thats a different question, on one hand, I submit that when someone like this who has committed a crime is convicted they have given up that right so are undeserving of generations that came before them. However, on the other hand the freedoms that our fathers fought so hard to win for over 200 plus years cannot be selective. So the rights and freedoms must be applied to all even low lifes that would do things like that.

There will always be low-lifes, but the problem is the number is increasing. During the time of the Great Depression, most did not want to take hand-outs. That is not true today. What was interesting about Hawaii's recent trial with Universal Healthcare for children was that people were dropping their insurance so they could get it from the State for free. We must not let America become a welfare State. If we do, we dishonor the sacrifices of our fathers.

You measure a man's worth by how he treats those less fortunate, and so it is with a nation.

Forum List

Back