American politics, you gotta love them

Dr.Drock

Aug 19, 2009
John Kasich Plans to Give His Staff Raises While the Rest of Ohio Suffers | Cleveland Leader

"Kasich ran as a fiscal conservative and promised to cut government spending at all levels. Giving his staff raises flies in the face of everything that he ran for and brings the culture of greed and corruption from Wall Street right to Ohio. "

"Under Ted Strickland, the Communications Director (Keith Dailey) has a salary of $89,003. Under Kasich, the same position (Scott Milburn) will make $120,000.

Strickland's Press Secretary Amanda Wurst makes $69,992, and Kasich's will get $90,000.

Strickland's Chief of Staff John Haseley makes $122,990. Under the proposal, Kasich's Beth Hansen will make $170,000.

But it gets worse. Not only is Kasich bumping up the pay of existing positions, he's also creating brand new positions to make sure that his buddies are taken care of. For example, he created the position of Special Assistant to the Governor with a salary of $145,000 per year for his long-time friend, Jai Chabria."

It's taken you over a month to build up some outrage about this?

FYI: We had a thread on this when it was actually news.

Rest assured I'm not outraged, this is business as usual. A politician doing something hypocritical and disgusting is like the sun coming up, and when I pick my head up off my pillow and look out the window in the morning I'm not outraged eitehr.

Rest assured I'm not outraged, this is business as usual. A politician doing something hypocritical and disgusting is like the sun coming up, and when I pick my head up off my pillow and look out the window in the morning I'm not outraged eitehr.

And it was news over a month ago... perhaps you could find current topics, preferably ones that haven't already been discussed.

And it was news over a month ago... perhaps you could find current topics, preferably ones that haven't already been discussed.

Anything tangile or add? Or just timing mockery?

she just likes to swing at people.

This is every much as salient a point now as it was when he first did this.

It shows what he really thinks.

I think CG just wants it forgotten

Why would we need to repeat stuff just because you've decided to rehash shit that's already been discussed? Are you so dumb that you think we should discuss the same topic time and again?

I was wondering the point of the annoyed attitude she was giving me. If the thread is of no interest to her she can click on another one, I'm not holding a gun to her head.

I figured it wasn't really the timing rather, it was that it was a republican governor. I don't know why she'd be any less disgusted by a D or R doing something like this.

No it isn't. If you want to discuss the topic, the appropriate thing to do is to find the original thread.... not start it again.... all that does is make life difficult for the mods and they have enough crap without idiots adding to it.

Perhaps you should worry more about your own thoughs and stop trying to think for other people.

Why would we need to repeat stuff just because you've decided to rehash shit that's already been discussed? Are you so dumb that you think we should discuss the same topic time and again?

Now I know you aren't new hear, I'd say 75% of the topics on page 1 are rehashed topics.

No it isn't. If you want to discuss the topic, the appropriate thing to do is to find the original thread.... not start it again.... all that does is make life difficult for the mods and they have enough crap without idiots adding to it.

Perhaps you should worry more about your own thoughs and stop trying to think for other people.

Lol completely unprovoked name-calling and insults, luckily you're a woman and you can blame this on certain environmental occurrences.

Now I know you aren't new hear, I'd say 75% of the topics on page 1 are rehashed topics.

They may be on the same topic.... but you've linked to the same fucking article that we had last month. What, are we all supposed to keep re-reading the same stuff and saying the same thing about it again - just because you can't keep up to date? Your incompetence is not the board's problem.

And.... I couldn't give a shit whether it's about dems being idiots or republicans being idiots... it's all the same.

Lol completely unprovoked name-calling and insults, luckily you're a woman and you can blame this on certain environmental occurrences.

Knock off the misogynistic remarks.... fool.

Someone doesnt want this guys hypocracy to stay in the publics mind.

It's hypocrisy, you illiterate twit.

And, that has nothing to do with it... I just don't see why we should have thread after thread on the same damned article. If you want to keep rehashing it.... fine.... use the original thread.

This man is a hypocrit.

That should be remembered over anything else in this thread

John Kasich Plans to Give His Staff Raises While the Rest of Ohio Suffers | Cleveland Leader

"Kasich ran as a fiscal conservative and promised to cut government spending at all levels. Giving his staff raises flies in the face of everything that he ran for and brings the culture of greed and corruption from Wall Street right to Ohio. "

"Under Ted Strickland, the Communications Director (Keith Dailey) has a salary of $89,003. Under Kasich, the same position (Scott Milburn) will make $120,000.

Strickland's Press Secretary Amanda Wurst makes $69,992, and Kasich's will get $90,000.

Strickland's Chief of Staff John Haseley makes $122,990. Under the proposal, Kasich's Beth Hansen will make $170,000.

But it gets worse. Not only is Kasich bumping up the pay of existing positions, he's also creating brand new positions to make sure that his buddies are taken care of. For example, he created the position of Special Assistant to the Governor with a salary of $145,000 per year for his long-time friend, Jai Chabria."

Its begining to become clear to Americans just who and what the right are really for.

Forum List

Back