American Life in 1957...

Science good. Russia had.

Funny how in the space of my lifetime all it took for those examples to flip was a reality TV game show host and a fearful minority of citizens.

Of course the video said nothing about the ethnic, sexist, economic, sexual, cultural and regional repression happening then.

two-wongs-dont-make-a-white.jpg

Of course the video said nothing about the ethnic, sexist, economic, sexual, cultural and regional repression happening then.

None of this happened, and you know it.

Filthy mongrel.
I’m sorry, but I lived it.

Are you white? That had to be pretty cool.
Watching fire hoses and tear gas flooding people who were seeking their rights as Americans,watching women fighting for their rights, watching cops beating up homosexual simply because they were homosexual and watching backward superstitious people burn books and music recordings because those backward people were fearful of cultural changes.

No. That was never cool.

Filthy mongrel.

Watching fire hoses and tear gas flooding people who were seeking their rights as Americans,watching women fighting for their rights, watching cops beating up homosexual simply because they were homosexual and watching backward superstitious people burn books and music recordings because those backward people were fearful of cultural changes.

No. That was never cool.

Sounds cool.

Filthy mongrel.

No. That was never cool.

Sounds cool.
If you believe America stands for freedom, it’s anything but cool.

Filthy mongrel.

No. That was never cool.

Well said. There were some dark times for some. I prefer progress.

I posted this thread thinking it would be a nice, feel good thread for the holidays. In hindsight the 1950's may not have been awesome for everybody.

Science good. Russia had.

Funny how in the space of my lifetime all it took for those examples to flip was a reality TV game show host and a fearful minority of citizens.

The video did not even show anyone who was not white

Forum List

Back