American Credibility

Originally posted by Sir Evil
Hey FuckFace - I am not a moderator! you are a pompous little bastard and to tell you the truth I dont make any threats! look around the board a bit, my words that sound threatening to you just so happen to ring true! Like a wind to the sail, a bone to the dog, it all is just plain fact!

I really dont give a shit about some Kiwi journalist, I am American and that is were my interest lies! I am sure you like to support your country too, so why not go do that very thing!

That seemed to be your statement. I have found this site to be very easy to use, with excellent features and well laid out. But I have also seen a few people like yourself who abuse those who are not 100% supportive of Bush.

As to the whole not giving a shit about anything non-American, this is why things aren't working out for the US in the foreign arena. Because Americans in general make little to no effort to understand those they deal with.
While working in Italy last year I met Americans who had lived there for 20 YEARS who spoke less Italian than I picked up in 3 months.
Sure that is a generalisation, but from my interactions with Americans all around the world (most of whom have been friendly and sociable) you guys really need to pay attention to the fact that there is more to the world than just America.

But I see you prefer threatening rants. Oh well.

Originally posted by MtnBiker
Here is a quote from a member that takes quite the contrary position to most of the moderators and the admin:

Here is a quote of what I was responding to.
"Imagine me leaving my own board for like's of a newcomer? I dont think so!"
Sir Evil

Later followed by:
"Hey FuckFace - I am not a moderator!"
Sir Evil

No surprises it makes it hard to tell who is a moderator.

So, Sir Evil is part owner of the board he can say whatever he wants and probably doesn't stay awake at night worrying if he hurt anyones feelings.

Originally posted by MtnBiker
So, Sir Evil is part owner of the board he can say whatever he wants and probably doesn't stay awake at night worrying if he hurt anyones feelings.

I see. I guess the quoted member never had Sir Evil pissed at him. :p:
Damn, relax Evil. You'll choke on a Twinky(tm) at this rate.

I simply dont like you for what you think you are, not for who you are!

And to be clear, what exactly do you think I think I am?

Simple! it's pretty obvious that you think that you are a well rounded and traveled, and of course world educated!
To me anyone spouting out how well educated and traveled they are really just think they are! How about dropping your better then everyone else attitude at the door and being more open minded to everything other then just trying to tell us how Americans need to learn more about thing's!

Umm, it was NewGuy who was going on about my travels and my status as a professional student (which I am not, currently I manage a tourism agency in my home city), not me. I am, however, a little concerned at your obvious xenophobia. You can get help with it you know. Hell, even Bush has come out saying he wasn't really mad at the French.

News Story

Originally posted by DKSuddeth:

The middle east has a primarily shame culture. Unlike the american guilt culture, the shame culture has a very different value standard for what is damaging to them.

This statement is fascinating. A very broad stereotype, and yet it strikes a chord. What culture do the Europeans have?

Originally posted by walwor
Originally posted by DKSuddeth:

This statement is fascinating. A very broad stereotype, and yet it strikes a chord. What culture do the Europeans have?

Never having had the strong desire to find out what type of culture they had I don't really know. Most of their culture now is based on western guilt culture but they still hold on to some of their older european roots of a mixed guilt/pride culture.

Originally posted by brneyedgrl80
I would have to say that overall, America would be the cause for at least the past 20 years of Iraq's hardship considering it was the Reagan Administration that put Saddam in power even though we knew full well what kind of man he was. Correct me if I am wrong though.

The Baathist were actually in power before Sadaam, and he staged a coup to take full control in 79. Reagan was elected in 80.
http://observer.guardian.co.uk/print/0,3858,4625988-110863,00.html

Scubamike, you will not find a strong backing for liberal thoughts. You have be really strong in your beliefs and not take everything everyone writes seriously, or you will not do well. That's what I have learned so far.

Some liberal thoughts have merit, no doubt. I think it is more of the "Blind love affair with Clinton/Anybody but Bush" crowd that gets roasted in here

And on a side note, I have to say that the Berg killing was horrible. But looking at it from this perspective, he was a casulty of war. Yes, he was a non-combatant, but so were the majority of the Iraqi people being held in the prison that were being tortured and even killed, check out thememoryhole.org I do not condone what happened to Berg or to the Iraqi prisoners, but the Iraqi people wanted revenge for what was done to their civilians, so they took one of our civilians and murdered him because they knew that would hit us more than just murdering an innocent soldier, ya know? I think the whole thing is horrible myself though... :( The real question for me is why wouldn't America trade some of the Iraqi prisoners for Berg? I know there are a lot theories going around about the whole Nick Berg situation, but that is one question I have not found an answer for. What do you guys think? [/B]

As others have stated, Nick Berg's cold blooded murder was more of a propoganda statment then a casualty of war. The trading Nick Berg for Iraqi prisoners is an unproven statement floating around the Internet right now.

You also have to remember that Berg was more likely killed by jihadisits then your average everyday Iraqi looking for revenge.

Originally posted by JIHADTHIS
The Baathist were actually in power before Sadaam, and he staged a coup to take full control in 79. Reagan was elected in 80.
http://observer.guardian.co.uk/print/0,3858,4625988-110863,00.html

Some liberal thoughts have merit, no doubt. I think it is more of the "Blind love affair with Clinton/Anybody but Bush" crowd that gets roasted in here

As others have stated, Nick Berg's cold blooded murder was more of a propoganda statment then a casualty of war. The trading Nick Berg for Iraqi prisoners is an unproven statement floating around the Internet right now.

You also have to remember that Berg was more likely killed by jihadisits then your average everyday Iraqi looking for revenge.

I agree with what you said. Like I stated earlier, there are tons of "theroies" for lack of a better word, that are going around when it comes to the Nick Berg situation. Horrible how everything has happened, nonetheless.

credibility? who cares.....half of the world hates us anyways.

so what if we took nude pictures of the prisoners, it's not like we beheaded any of them, or drag their bodies around and hung them up off a bridge. At least these prisoners lived to see another day.

What gets to me is that these people being killed are innocent civilian. So what if they were there to make some money, at least they're do something to make these Iraqis lives better.

Originally posted by Rambo

so what if we took nude pictures of the prisoners, it's not like we beheaded any of them, or drag their bodies around and hung them up off a bridge. At least these prisoners lived to see another day.

What gets to me is that these people being killed are innocent civilian. So what if they were there to make some money, at least they're do something to make these Iraqis lives better.

Re: Prisoner Abuse
You should have a read of the Toguba Report . The abuse was going on long before it broke in the media. Such abuse could've been controlled and prevented such severe bad press for the US forces. And sodomising people with brooms and glow-sticks is pretty bad. Saying America is better than Saddam or the rebels is not exactly balanced. America SHOULD be better than them.

Re: Innocent civilians
Um, the majority of Iraqis killed in the war are innocent civilans too.
Many more of them have died than foreign contractors. One of my countrymen was killed there a few weeks back, he was shot and took longer than Nick Berg to die. Many of these dead innocent civilians suffered a lot worse. And all of their deaths are a shame, both Iraqi and foreign.

Hey scuba, just face the fact's that you are an imbecile! I think you should definitely be bent over and sodomized, it may do you some good!:rolleyes:

You really are an abject arsehole aren't you. Why do you persist on your personal attacks. So much for "Your voice counts".
How long do you plan to carry this on. Such behaviour is utterly childish but it seems you are allowed to behave in such away as you have a stake in the board. Hypocrit.

Unfortunately that opinion does not make much sense to some of the morons here! Afterall it's not like it was taking nude photo's and really humiliating him or anything

Actually those who oppose the US's abuse of prisoners (Geneva Convention are also opposed to murder. Strange, huh?
Only those in favour of brutalising an occupied people believe that they can justify it because it isn't murder.

Originally posted by scubamike
(SNIP)
As for the beheading discussion. Yes it is revolting. Especially since it was done for publicity purposes. But at the end of the day they could've spent a few weeks torturing the poor bastard to death. Surely a quick and clean death is better than that. As for the 15 seconds screaming. Who was doing the screaming? It is bloody hard for someone to scream when the first cut was to the front of the throat.

=========
As for these questions:

Why didn't the innocents revolt?
Why are the innocents not pointing out the criminal element we call insurgents and terrorists.
Why didn't the innocents flee when it was obvious that war was on the horizon?
Why don't the innocents take an active hand in the rebuilding and purging of thier own country?
If the Iraqi people don't want us there, why has their newest government asked coalition troops to remain?

Where exactly were people to flee to? Away from obvious target areas, like the AA sites built near hospitals and mosques.
Why should they have to flee their homes? So they don't get caught in the crossfire. Most people don't realise that refugees are the smart ones. Non combatants and getting away from danger.
The majority of Iraqis understand that they still need outside help to stabilise things, but lets face it America is not a good choice due to long-held resentment. And the UN is? Name any three countries combined who could have accomplished what we have. ANZAC doesn't count. I have trained with them. They are defensive in nature and not much good outside of that.

And most people by nature tend to want to keep their heads down. To report on militants would be likely to get you killed. To be seen to be helping the Americans would likewise make one a target (as has been happening alot lately). Then they should either flee or duck. We didn't keep it a secret we were coming. We also held back and demonstrated a far larger amount of compasssion than has occured in past generations. As to militants killing them the only response is "and thats different from the last 30 years how?"

Scuba. Because you are a young man I will go easy on you. The berg beheading should be called "the berg sawing the head off with a dull knife". Have you ever tried to cut muscle and tendon (maybe hunting?)? Try with a dull knife. 15 seconds of screaming is about right. Refer to my original reply which actually answered your question. You still didn't answer mine though. Instead you simply replied with more wimpering (sp?).

But, in the interest of educating the young I did answer your questions. Re-read the above. It might make sense now.

For the record. Americans walk proudly and talk loud because we do not rest on history. On a daily basis we make history. Arrogant yes, annoying yes, truthfull yes. Remember, without us most of Europe would be speaking German. But rather than rest on laurels, we continue to make the world better. I am also "well travelled".

Originally posted by Rambo

Well, actually some of the Iraqi prisoners were killed through torture. I think posted this link earlier, www.thememoryhole.org And a lot of the prisoners were just civilians as well.

But it bothers me on both ends still. I just figured I would point that out. ;)

Forum List

Back