American auto workers $71 per hr. Toyota $41 per hr. BAILOUT IS FOR UNION!

Discussion in 'Economy' started by oreo, Nov 19, 2008.

1. oreo

oreo Gold Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,147
    This bailout for the auto industry is NOT for the auto industry it's for the auto UNION workers who will not cut their salaries & benefits--now estimated at a whopping $71.00 per hour per employee. The American auto union "REFUSES" to re-negotiate their pay or benefits & we're suppose to pay for them. This of course would only be a "bandaid" on an artery fix. They will be back asking for more money, when this money runs out. GUARANTEED.

They can't compete with Toyota--who is doing great in several of our southern states because they pay their employees $41.00 in salary & benefits.

So we have 3 American auto companies coming too the table asking for billions in taxpayer dollars to support what? THE AUTO UNION.

Now--guess who OWES the auto unions BIG TIME. DEMOCRATS who now run both houses & YES Obama says he'll sign the bail-out the UNION worker bill. Barack Obama owes the American Auto Workers Union BIG TIME TOO!

If they file chapter 7--like all other business's including the air-line industries, they don't go away. They re-structure their bills & negotiate with employees over salary & benefits, to remain COMPETITIVE. They do this without getting into tax payer pockets.

If our government bails out the auto workers union, there will be absolutely no stopping every other industry from A to Z asking for their share in billions of taxpayer dollars.

Enron employees did not get bailed out. Worldcom employees did not get bailed out, & millions of us who are struggling right now, there is no bailout on the horizon. WHY? Because we don't belong to a huge UNION.

"The Chickens have really come home to roost!"
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited: Nov 19, 2008
  2. AVG-JOE

AVG-JOE American Mutt Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,014
    There is a lot to be said for this sentiment...

It is hard for an industry to survive when the average worker building the product makes 2 or more times what the average customer buying it makes.

I heard somewhere... I think NBC news... that $1,300 of every new car purchase price goes toward paying the medical for retired employees.

That alone is quite an anchor for any business to carry, let alone one with such extensive competition.

-Joe

3. oreo

oreo Gold Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,147
    I believe it's $1600.00 for every car made. Those benefits are much more than just medical.

The auto union workers in this country is HUGE. In fact, I can't think of a stronger more member union. They pay union dues. Alot of the dues goes to the democrat party. The auto union is a huge supporter of the democrat party.

If this was just another industry that didn't have such strong ties to the democrat party we wouldn't even be discussing this. They would have already gone into chapter 7.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2008
  4. Angel Heart

Angel Heart Conservative Hippie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +341
    I think we need to ride this wave out and let them sink if they can't get their own heads out of their own asses.

These are a bunch of spoiled brats throwing a fit because they can't get more. Fuck them. They need to unfuck themselves before I'll be OK with any of it. I've let my elected officials know (like that will do a lot of good). Brake the union, sell the jets, tighten their belts and grow up. The real word refuses to pay for their greed. Both union and executives are guilty. Union removed or put back in their place and all executives removed with no golden parachutes. If they didn't save for a rainy day it's not my fault.

5. disciple2184

disciple2184 Rookie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2
    The issue really is what effect it will have on the total economy. Transportation is a major industry and will effect more then just the auto-workers.

6. Angel Heart

Angel Heart Conservative Hippie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +341
    Well then they better straighten up. Drop all these high and mighty notions.

7. AVG-JOE

AVG-JOE American Mutt Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,014
    The only way for the big 3 to compete is for management to give up the million dollar salaries, private planes, golden parachutes and junkets and the UAW to get reasonable hourly wage, benefits and retirement package.

They'll never come to terms with out help from the courts; and if they can't... they should die.

-Joe

8. DiamondDave

DiamondDave Army Vet

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,816
    Would I argue that that is PART of what it will take to save them? No.... but it is going to ALSO take the corrupt unions to back off their outrageous compensation contracts.. it will also take redesigning the business model for each of the big 3, to streamline and become competitive in their niche market

9. glockmail

glockmail BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +438
    Exactly. They should call it the UAW Bail Out, or the Democrat Party Campaign Finance Fund.

I feel bad for the management and stockholders for the Big Three, but bankruptcy is the only way to break the union that has them all in a strangle hold.

10. sealybobo

sealybobo Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,115

Are you a worker or a corporation? Why are you stumping for lower wages? Fucking house slave.