America Wisin' Up!

Andrew Jackson should at least be in the Top 5 as America’s greatest president.

And definitely in 1st place as the most interesting president. :cool:

I used to feel that way, as well, and still have soft spot for the only President to leave without a national debt, but....

“Driven West: Andrew Jackson and the Trail of Tears to the Civil War,” by A.J. Langguth (C-Span Lecture)

1. Our first non-aristocrat President, and the first without a college education, Jackson’s determination to push the Cherokee nation off their land was the most troubling aspect of his presidency.
Andrew Jackson was a product of his times and should be judged by that factor.

Most Americans at that time were Indian haters and were well aware of settlers constantly being savagely attacked and massacred by Indians.

So his behavior was typical for white Americans in the 1800's

So when Reagan did it it was fine but after being left the biggest mess in decades Obama and Bush's deficits were bad.

Oh but you only blame Obama not Bush huh?

Yes TM lol, look at how and why they did deficit spending lol.

Oh and the Republican party SPLIT you numb nuts, because of Bush... SO no, it was not ok. Man, I thought you were alive during that part of history, how could you get that wrong too.

FACTS MAN!!! FACTS!!! LOL...

Last edited:
I would be one of America's greatest Presidents but I refuse to run for the office. I'm officially retired.

Originally posted by Political Chic
And how about this one, too...

"How the Russians invented baseball and other essays of enlightenment."
John Leo.

LOL, PC...

Well, I'm old enough to remember what the most renowned experts on the Soviet bloc said when Gorby came to power. They all said in unison:

"There will be no major changes to the policies pursued by his predecessors."

"The country is firmly under the control of the communist party."

etc, etc, etc...

The Soviet Union collapsed thanks to the personal convictions of a leader that belonged to a new generation of Soviet leaders contrary to what all the "experts" wrote about him.

Now if you say America (the country, from 1917 to 1990, not one president in particular), with her wonderful example of how an open society look like and her material support for democracies in Europe and Asia, made a huge contribution to the demise of that authoritarian ideology I will agree with you wholeheartedly.

There is no such thing as greatest president just like there is no such thing as greatest football or baseball player. Its impossible to compare different men from different eras dealing with different situations and conditions and then trying to rank who is the best of them. Not possible.

95% didn't pick obama, what's your point?

I like Coolidge and I don't even see him on there... These polls, like most are pointless.

The point is 19% of Americans have bought the unhistorical meme on Reagan.

This poll merely shows this and not who was truely our best president.

Ok, TM... Who was our best president? Actually, who were our 2 top Presidents?

SFW?

A poll in March 2003 showed a full 70% of Americans believed Saddam Hussein was somehow behind the 9-11 attacks.

That 70% is putty in the hand of the experienced propaganda tool known (to the 70%) as the Liberal Media.

Forum List

Back