America - Police State

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by gipper, Nov 2, 2012.

1. gipper

gipper Libertarian/Anarchist Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,852
    America is rapidly becoming a police state...some believe it already is. We have squandered our inheritance by allowing the elite to rule as they see fit.

Here is a damning list of fairly new conditions which have dramatically changed America. And does not include the report of thousands of rounds of hollow point ammo purchased by government agencies.

Happy Friday....

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. blastoff

blastoff Undocumented Reg. User

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,657
    We need all that ammo because we're not exactly sure how many Che sympathizers are still out there.

3. Nightson

Nightson Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22

What I find most alarming is the militarization of police forces--even local township departments. You really cannot tell the difference these days between military and police units in many instances where law enforcement has been deployed to even minor incidents involving armed citizens. The big distinction for me was made in the eighties while on a trip to Jamaica. We were moving through the airport in Montego Bay to board our return flight and as a teenager I could not get over the apprehension I felt at seeing and being around troops armed with assault rifles stationed in a civilian facility. Guess I never imagined seeing the same in America. Goes without saying that the seven man department in my hometown does not need submachine guns and paramilitary carbines in their armory.

The other thing that bothers me about police in the U.S. today is their culture of self defense, first--from the public--rather than defense of the public, first. Also troubling is the short duration of many police academies. One should have to endure many months of training in my opinion before being trusted with both such a high level of authority and the carrying of live rounds in densely populated areas.

I don't think America is quite there yet (a police state) but we are very close and rapidly running out of runway.

4. emilynghiem

emilynghiem Constitutionalist Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,299

Last edited: Nov 2, 2012
  5. Nightson

Nightson Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22

Last edited: Nov 2, 2012
  6. KudoZ

KudoZ Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12
    Have you ever stopped to think that your government is reading everything you post here and zeroing in on government haters? Probably tracking you down and keeping a file. J. Edger is still alive.

7. blastoff

blastoff Undocumented Reg. User

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,657
    Note to my FBI file:

J. Edgar was a fag.

8. HUGGY

HUGGY I Post Because I Care Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,285
    I don't see the problem. Everyone puts their pants on one leg at a time. Everyone has to sleep sometime. As long as you choose to confront these organizations on THEIR terms when they are at the peak of their strength then you will lose. They spend years perfecting their methods. Spens a little time of your own and you will sleep better.