Amazon Prime - Fortune Cookie (1968)

iamwhatiseem

Diamond Member
Aug 19, 2010
On a hill
Great old movie. I am surprised I never saw this movie. With the classic duo of Jack Lemon and Walter Matthau.
The movie's plot is Lemons character is injured on the job, Matthau's character is Lemons brother in law cheesy dime store lawyer with a nickname of "whiplash Willie".
They scheme together to sue his employer for $1 million.
All manner of calamity and hilarity ensues.
Watch it while it is available... wonderful old movie.

Great old movie. I am surprised I never saw this movie. With the classic duo of Jack Lemon and Walter Matthau.
The movie's plot is Lemons character is injured on the job, Matthau's character is Lemons brother in law cheesy dime store lawyer with a nickname of "whiplash Willie".
They scheme together to sue his employer for $1 million.
All manner of calamity and hilarity ensues.
Watch it while it is available... wonderful old movie.

Matthau and Lemon made some really good movies but they decided they didn't want to be a comedy team because it would limit their careers and destroy their off screen friendship like other great comedy teams. For 3 years before their last film, Abbott and Costello refused to speak to each other off screen. Friction between Jerry Lewis and Dean Martin began after their first movie and it got steady worse till they finally broke up. Usually the need for a separate careers and/or the desire to change a successful act dooms most comedy teams.

Forum List

Back