Amazon loses 50 billion in value after Trump says he "wants to go after them"

2AED7578-053F-4BA4-BF66-CEEECDE6F759.jpeg
Amazon loses more than $30 billion in value on report Trump wants to 'go after' company's tax treatment

Somehow he still hasn't learned that responsible adults don't just blurt shit out that could affect others like this. Particularly when you're the occupant of the White House. What a stupid thing to say.

Perhaps he should apologize to elderly shareholders.

Holy crap.

Again just now.

View attachment 185291
Amazon loses more than $30 billion in value on report Trump wants to 'go after' company's tax treatment

Somehow he still hasn't learned that responsible adults don't just blurt shit out that could affect others like this. Particularly when you're the occupant of the White House. What a stupid thing to say.

Holy crap.

Again just now.
Seems that he is a champion of the middle class and poor, which we see Jeff Bezos(100 billion dollar man) isn't. Aren't you for the poor and middle class?

Trump is bowing to the pressure of these past big giant stores who are losing to Amazon. Typical traitor....attack anybody messing with his hommies, fuck the law.,

View attachment 185291

Holy crap.

Again just now.
Seems that he is a champion of the middle class and poor, which we see Jeff Bezos(100 billion dollar man) isn't. Aren't you for the poor and middle class?
I have concerns about Amazon too, and the problems & market distortions it causes, the smaller businesses it's killing.

But a President doesn't single out a company like that. Had a Democrat said that, the Republicans would (rightfully) be losing their shit.

Good. Amazon is a far greater threat to jobs and mom and pop shops than Wal-Mart ever was.
I love how you just cited the greatest mom and pop destroyer of all time to attack Amazon. The real people threatened by Amazon are the stores like Wal Mart that destroyed all the mom and pops.
Its called evolution.....just as Amazon took out Wally world, some new idea will take out Amazon and so on and so on and so on. Does MySpace ring a bell? Does landline phones vs cell ring a bell? Kodak vs Polaroid ring a bell? Telegraph vs telephone....grow up big corporations, the world is changing.

But a President doesn't single out a company like that. Had a Democrat said that, the Republicans would (rightfully) be losing their shit.

Trump does have knack for exposing hypocrisy. Gotta give him that.

Can't argue that, but I'm sure a hand grenade kills a few weeds too. It's the collateral damage that concerns me.

This is more about Trump's hatred of the free press and in this case the Washington Post. Trump is a weak man, a bully who cannot accept criticism.

Rebecca Solnit: The Loneliness of Donald Trump

"In an ever-changing, incomprehensible world the masses had reached the point where they would, at the same time, believe everything and nothing, think that everything was possible and that nothing was true. ... Mass propaganda discovered that its audience was ready at all times to believe the worst, no matter how absurd, and did not particularly object to being deceived because it held every statement to be a lie anyhow. The totalitarian mass leaders based their propaganda on the correct psychological assumption that, under such conditions, one could make people believe the most fantastic statements one day, and trust that if the next day they were given irrefutable proof of their falsehood, they would take refuge in cynicism; instead of deserting the leaders who had lied to them, they would protest that they had known all along that the statement was a lie and would admire the leaders for their superior tactical cleverness." Hannah Arendt, The Origins of Totalitarianism
:shutupsmiley:
Speaking of an angry thin-skinned tyrant who can't handle criticism......
Obama used the IRS and the FBI to attack his critics:slap:

Pogo s Law makes yet another nickel. "B --- but ... but ... O'bama!" :crybaby:

What to do when the topic is inconvenient:

--- trot in a new one
---- go "look! Shiny object! "
---- hope nobody notices.
In reality you leftist dirtbags are just projecting your sins on the right.
Trump has a tendency to trade jabs with his asshole critics. But it's pretty harmless.

Obama had this strange habit of ruining lives and forcing his critics into insolvency.

In effect.....you strain on a gnat while swallowing a camel.

Uh HUH. So lemme get this straight --- pointing out that you just plopped a Tu Quoque Fallacy, and then proceeded to dig it twice as deep ---- means I'm "projecting sins on the right".

You run with that one, Ducky.
Nope.....just trying to put your constant bleating about Trump into proper perspective. Sticks & Stones.

Taking into consideration what we had to deal with during the Obama Administration, Trump's tweets are pretty damned harmless.
Shit....I was personally audited twice by that prick. I've never been audited before.

Since Rump has zero to do with "the right" other than selling them bullshit because he knows they'll line up to buy it, nope, that's not "perspective" at all. That's what we call "binary butthurt". The go-to tool of tools who can't see over the lid of the binaryism y'all have boxed yourselves into. So if anything it's the opposite of "perspective". It's the absence thereof.

Yeah his own -- like when he trotted in the accusers of Bill Clinton (who wasn't even a candidate, speaking of Gullibles lined up to buy) while at the same time paying Stormy Daniels $130,000 to lay low. Hypocrisy doesn't come in a more concentrated version than that.

They will probably break it up one day. They are monopolizing everything.

:shutupsmiley:
Speaking of an angry thin-skinned tyrant who can't handle criticism......
Obama used the IRS and the FBI to attack his critics:slap:

--- trot in a new one
Trump has a tendency to trade jabs with his asshole critics. But it's pretty harmless.

Obama had this strange habit of ruining lives and forcing his critics into insolvency.

Uh HUH. So lemme get this straight --- pointing out that you just plopped a Tu Quoque Fallacy, and then proceeded to dig it twice as deep ---- means I'm "projecting sins on the right".

Nope.....just trying to put your constant bleating about Trump into proper perspective. Sticks & Stones.

Taking into consideration what we had to deal with during the Obama Administration, Trump's tweets are pretty damned harmless.
Shit....I was personally audited twice by that prick. I've never been audited before.

Since Rump has zero to do with "the right" other than selling them bullshit because he knows they'll line up to buy it, nope, that's not "perspective" at all. That's what we call "binary butthurt". The go-to tool of tools who can't see over the lid of the binaryism y'all have boxed yourselves into. So if anything it's the opposite of "perspective". It's the absence thereof.
Well that's your opinion.
Which is based on nothing more substantial than a popcorn fart.

--- trot in a new one

Well that's your opinion.
Which is based on nothing more substantial than a popcorn fart.
That pretty much sums up the entire board.

I'm a capitalist, but this is a clear example of how capitalism HAS to be carefully regulated.

Yeah, their economies of scale are so efficient now, and that's creating such momentum, that they won't be able to continue on this course without causing serious damage, and that's already happening.

There has been an element of that to Wal Mart's success, but this is starting to make Wal Mart look like a freakin' lemonade stand.

I'm a capitalist, but this is a clear example of how capitalism HAS to be carefully regulated.

Yeah, their economies of scale are so efficient now, and that's creating such momentum, that they won't be able to continue on this course without causing serious damage, and that's already happening.

There has been an element of that to Wal Mart's success, but this is starting to make Wal Mart look like a freakin' lemonade stand.
agreed. I am a capitalist but not "full fledged'
There MUST be some sort of oversight and Amazon is a perfect example.

I'm not sure how either Wal-Mart or Amazon are monopolies. Wal-Mart has been accused of driving competitors out of biz by selling some items at below their cost. THAT is illegal and is called predatory pricing. But I haven't heard of such complaints in at least several years. Msft was a classic monopoly because they packaged software with their windows system, and by buying the software mftrs, they prevented other OP systems from being able to offer the same software. But windows is not what it once was .... and it will continue to decline as OPs are less important. And it will be less important to have software on a computing device.

But just because a company like Amazon offers customer support that people like doesn't make them a monopoly. And Amazon is not always the cheapest supplier. It is probably the biggest. But Amazon doesn't do anything to hinder Wal-Mart or anyone else from doing online sales. So, I don't see the illegality of what they do. And independent sellers can be accessed through their website. That's the backbone of both their apparel and used books that I use from time to time.

Forum List

Back