Amazon deletes one star reviews of Hillary Clinton's new book

Reviews from trolls that never read the book, or probably anything ever. Good for them.
Shouldnt you apply that to ALL reviews? How many people read a 512 page book within an hour of it releasing?
The ones that Amazon has record of having purchased it

Purchasing and reading occur at different points in time. Considering how wealthy she is and how wealthy her backers are, tossing $50k to purchase as many books as they can and give 5 star reviews is easy to accomplish.

I have no evidence of this of course, just making a point that all of "gaming" of the system is wrong, and there shoudl be an equal application of standards for all sides of the abuse.

They will be changing the name of the book now to "What Happened and Why am I the Last to Know?"

She shows up an hour late to her own book signing while people waited there from the night before, Never even says "hello" or apologizes for making them wait the extra hour, just sits down and starts signing books for only people who could prove they bought a book. The real Hillary folks.

http://nypost.com/2017/09/12/hillary-clintons-book-signing-was-as-insufferable-as-youd-expect/

They will be changing the name of the book now to "What Happened and Why am I the Last to Know?"

She shows up an hour late to her own book signing while people waited there from the night before, Never even says "hello" or apologizes for making them wait the extra hour, just sits down and starts signing books for only people who could prove they bought a book. The real Hillary folks.

http://nypost.com/2017/09/12/hillary-clintons-book-signing-was-as-insufferable-as-youd-expect/

Yeah I read that article yesterday. Love the comment that she gave a "royal wave". LOL, so fitting.

Yep, they are still in process of deleting them, .. we checked it too, Check near the end of the day or later in the week , you can bet the 5 star ratings will out number the 1 star. They obviously won't delete every 1 star rating that would be to obvious.
The online retail giant has a "verified purchase" option to signpost whether reviewers have bought a product, and none of the 42 reviewers leaving comments on Tuesday had done so.
3630375437d93859dea844ee65ad12b9

View photos
Now-deleted one-star reviews of What Happened
Few of the one-star reviews remain on the website, but reports and screengrabs show that reviewers used the space to criticise the former First Lady and spread conspiracy theories about her and Bill Clinton.

They took down obvious political comments from people who had not read the book. They can come to USMB to make comments like the ones taken down. The feedback on Amazon for a book is supposed to be about the book from people who read the book. I agree with Harley that no one could read the darned 512 pp thing on the day it was released.

Yep, they are still in process of deleting them, .. we checked it too, Check near the end of the day or later in the week , you can bet the 5 star ratings will out number the 1 star. They obviously won't delete every 1 star rating that would be to obvious.
The online retail giant has a "verified purchase" option to signpost whether reviewers have bought a product, and none of the 42 reviewers leaving comments on Tuesday had done so.

View photos
Few of the one-star reviews remain on the website, but reports and screengrabs show that reviewers used the space to criticise the former First Lady and spread conspiracy theories about her and Bill Clinton.

They took down obvious political comments from people who had not read the book. They can come to USMB to make comments like the ones taken down. The feedback on Amazon for a book is supposed to be about the book from people who read the book. I agree with Harley that no one could read the darned 512 pp thing on the day it was released.
Yet there are dozens of glowing, five-star reviews on the same day the book was released.

Take those blinders off. The entire review of this book is a campaign to boost Clinton.

View photos

Yet there are dozens of glowing, five-star reviews on the same day the book was released.

Take those blinders off. The entire review of this book is a campaign to boost Clinton.
They want to boost Clinton because she`s running for....what?

It would be expensive firewood but that's about all the book is good for.

not an amazon fan in this regard as i find their reviews worthless. but if you're going to review it, you need to buy it. the ones they're deleting are the ones posted who didn't buy it and *now* they've put the policy back in place to where you need to buy it first.

so while yes, amazon is deleting them, a I HATE HILLARY is hardly a review of the book itself. they likely deleted my 1 star review and that's fine. i didn't and will not give her a dime just to tell her she sucks.

she already knows that. :)

I scrolled through a lot of one star reviews the day the book was released. A vast majority of them were one sentence comments like, "Hillary sucks." Or, "This book is only good for toilet paper." While most of the five star reviews were probably bullshit as well they would write multiple paragraphs explaining what it was they liked about the book. And many of them probably did actually buy it, even if they didn't read the entire thing.

Hard to believe any review is legit, the day of release...
Its possible. When one of my most favorite singers released his book named A Personal Stand in 2007, Trace Adkins that is, I ran across messages from other fans of his who said that they read it from start to finish as soon as it was in their hands.

God bless you and Trace and his other fans always!!!

Holly (a day one fan of him)

P.S. His book has 244 pages. How many does Hilary's book have?

View photos

Okay. Don't buy stuff from Amazon. Feel better?

I scrolled through a lot of one star reviews the day the book was released. A vast majority of them were one sentence comments like, "Hillary sucks." Or, "This book is only good for toilet paper." While most of the five star reviews were probably bullshit as well they would write multiple paragraphs explaining what it was they liked about the book. And many of them probably did actually buy it, even if they didn't read the entire thing.
yea, if they wanna have a circle jerk, let 'em. isn't that what freedom at its core means? i just put a quick snark remark in there to see if i could and if deleted cause it had nothing to do with the book, great. it didn't so that's fine and likely what a mod SHOULD do.

so people love the woman and want to read these things. no harm, no foul, let 'em be and find something constructive to do. :)

It only stands to reason that there are going to be way more legitimate five star ratings than one star ratings. Hillary is too polarizing a figure. There are very few moderates when it comes to their opinion of her. The people who hate her would never actually spend money to read her book, and those who love her will.

Amazon has been monitoring and deleting reviews after Hillary Clinton's new book was greeted with a torrent of criticism on the day it was released.

Amazon deletes one-star reviews of Hillary Clinton's new book

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this doesn't tell the people in plain view what power and control CORPORATIONS have then you are even dumber than we thought you were before.
This is the same bs that goes on in that MSM's ass you sheep have your heads up, it is in plain view.

Keep what they want, delete what they want........................

and those 5 stars you will see are probably BOTS!! Gotta keep those sheep in that coral.

I can't stand her, but the reviews are supposed to be of her book, not her. The article said most the remarks happened the day book went on sale! I don't think they have same day delivery at Amazon. Not too mention most the comments were direct attacks on her, not her book.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

Amazon has been monitoring and deleting reviews after Hillary Clinton's new book was greeted with a torrent of criticism on the day it was released.

Amazon deletes one-star reviews of Hillary Clinton's new book

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this doesn't tell the people in plain view what power and control CORPORATIONS have then you are even dumber than we thought you were before.
This is the same bs that goes on in that MSM's ass you sheep have your heads up, it is in plain view.

Keep what they want, delete what they want........................

and those 5 stars you will see are probably BOTS!! Gotta keep those sheep in that coral.

I can't stand her, but the reviews are supposed to be of her book, not her. The article said most the remarks happened the day book went on sale! I don't think they have same day delivery at Amazon. Not too mention most the comments were direct attacks on her, not her book.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

If you are an Amazon Prime member in one of the over 5,000 cities or towns, you can get same day delivery.

https://www.amazon.com/Prime-FREE-Same-Day-Delivery/b?node=8729023011&tag=ff0d01-20

And, there are many times that publishers will deliver advance copies to various reviewers so that they could have reviews published on the same day as the general release of the book.

If you haven't read the book, don't review it. I hate people who express their protest or support through ratings, without regard for the quality of what they're rating.

View photos

Okay. Don't buy stuff from Amazon. Feel better?
Went right over your head.

Forum List

Back