Amazon bans police use of its face recognition for a year

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
Only for the year though. After that, they are hoping Biden is in the WH so they can focus their technology against Conservatives and Libertarians, right now, it's only the alt-left and internationally funded radicals that are being targeted.

NEW YORK - Amazon on Wednesday banned police use of its face-recognition technology for a year, making it the latest tech giant to step back from law-enforcement use of systems that have faced criticism for incorrectly identifying people with darker skin.

The Seattle-based company did not say why it took action now. Ongoing protests following the death of George Floyd have focused attention on racial injustice in the U.S. and how police use technology to track people. Floyd died May 25 after a white Minneapolis police officer pressed his knee into the handcuffed black man's neck for several minutes even after Floyd stopped moving and pleading for air.

Law enforcement agencies use facial recognition to identify suspects, but critics say it can be misused. A number of U.S. cities have banned its use by police and other government agencies, led by San Francisco last year.

I used to have Amazon Prime, an Amazon store card and Amazon Music Unlimited.

I closed it all. Won't ever darken their website again long as I live.

That's odd, I actually added Amazon Music to my roster since.

How peculiar.

1591877156966.png

Can't be having the police using it to make arrests of some governors, mayors, or other important persons, children while they're rioting, looting, burning, and murdering prior to those important people demanding amnesty for their loved ones.

*****SMILE*****

:)

Only for the year though. After that, they are hoping Biden is in the WH so they can focus their technology against Conservatives and Libertarians, right now, it's only the alt-left and internationally funded radicals that are being targeted.

NEW YORK - Amazon on Wednesday banned police use of its face-recognition technology for a year, making it the latest tech giant to step back from law-enforcement use of systems that have faced criticism for incorrectly identifying people with darker skin.

The Seattle-based company did not say why it took action now. Ongoing protests following the death of George Floyd have focused attention on racial injustice in the U.S. and how police use technology to track people. Floyd died May 25 after a white Minneapolis police officer pressed his knee into the handcuffed black man's neck for several minutes even after Floyd stopped moving and pleading for air.

Law enforcement agencies use facial recognition to identify suspects, but critics say it can be misused. A number of U.S. cities have banned its use by police and other government agencies, led by San Francisco last year.
No problem since everybody is banning the police. Amazon can just rent it to the new and improved Community Safety Patrol

That's odd, I actually added Amazon Music to my roster since.

How peculiar.
Nothing odd about that at all. You support the radical BLM terrorist group, and I don't.

Your attempt at being cute wasn't so cute after all.

Fucking assholes.

I don't even need this service, I have the photos of about a dozen Toronto Police, all I have to do is google their names or look up some of the more suspicious people from High School. Lo and behold, "you mean to tell me THAT POS is a cop?!" Let's just say, they aren't recruiting our best and brightest, definitely not those with the highest moral character.

Funny how the internet exposes so many years later. I'd love to send them an email, "hey, remember when I'd watch you get stoned behind the stores near our high school?" Or, "remember that time you and your buddy were taking 'roids" (on top of one dude trying to lie to get on the relay team years earlier when I clearly beat him. "Character")? I never needed to touch any of these poisons, nor had an interest in it. God blesses you or he doesn't, keep your mind and body clean.

Yet, we wonder why we have so many major cases in Toronto go cold for so long, from the gay serial killer near Church and Wellesley to the still unsolved murder of the Shermans. They were billionaires and it's been deemed a murder/suicide. Their families own private investigator has decimated the TPS conclusion, none of it makes sense.

No problem since everybody is banning the police. Amazon can just rent it to the new and improved Community Safety Patrol

In Canada, we have a number of police who should be banned. They are a running a racket like none other in this country.

You guys better pay attention, or you will find yourself in our shoes. "Plain clothed" will take on a whole new meaning.

In Canada, we have a number of police who should be banned. They are a running a racket like none other in this country.

You guys better pay attention, or you will find yourself in our shoes. "Plain clothed" will take on a whole new meaning.

Not too worried about it. That is other people's problems. Our cops are asses locally but mainly because they hate doing much of anything. Our great purge began a few years back when several gang murderers got off by jury trial after the key investigator in the case got cold hard busted perjuring themselves. Their grand jury testimony was completely factually different than their trial testimony and could not be reconciled. And right after that, another one got busted giving false testimony, then another, and then there was a new police chief and a lot of vacancies.

The only reason why the Dems are trying to limit the use of this technology during these riots. It is because they are in the crowds of rioters and looters.

giphy.gif

Forum List

Back