Am I the only one?

suspiria said:
so this board is only for republicans?

No. We welcome all points of view from all over the political spectrum. But if you don't have any good arguments, then you should be prepared to be taken to task.

William Joyce said:
I hate Bush from the right.

This is a mostly GOP board, yes. But many folks on this board are upset with Bush for his utter failure on protecting our borders and the immigration issue. I am among them. Bush hasn't just dropped the ball on illegal immigration --- he caught it and ran like wild toward the other end zone. He's a disgrace.

I hate Bush for dragging us into an expensive war that does not benefit America. It benefits only Israel. For this, I consider Bush a traitor to this nation and its people. If he wants to fight and die for Israel like Bill Clinton, he should renounce his U.S. citizenship and move there.

I hate Bush for jacking up spending worse than Ted Kennedy loaded on a fifth of Chivas could ever have accomplished.

I hate Bush for making education a federal issue --- something no true conservative would have EVER done.

I hate Bush for being proud of his illiteracy and ignorance. He makes all the stereotypes of conservatives come true. Real conservatives are far more literate and informed than most liberals. But Bush is not in the club.

Bush is for tort reform and against gay marriage, two issues I support him on. But this is thin gruel --- any Democrat with half a brain would do the same. Even Bill Clinton was against gay marriage --- how brave is that?

Mostly I just think Bush is an idiot. He relies totally on advisors, many of whom don't give a damn about our nation, only globalist money-makers. Shame on him.

Not that I agree with all your points, but I think this would be better served in a new topic. Your points are good, regardless of whether I disagree with them, I just think you post deserves its own space, so we can respond to is, without going through this post.

Yurt said:
Not that I agree with all your points, but I think this would be better served in a new topic. Your points are good, regardless of whether I disagree with them, I just think you post deserves its own space, so we can respond to is, without going through this post.

Wouldnt want the intelligence level of this thread to come down you know. :rolleyes:

suspiria said:

We call your posts stupid not because they're anti-Bush, but because they have no point. Let's compare.

Your posts, broken down:

I do hate bush, and I think he is a terrible president, but Iam a Democrat. I think the majority of the people on this board are Republican

This post is fairly valid. Someone is asking who hates Bush, and you answered. People on this board typically provide more detailed answers, but not always.

Yeah Im pretty sure I hated him long before he won, and we "lost"

It would be another brief, yet valid post if not for the quotes around 'lost.' You're basically claiming the election was rigged in favor of Bush without providing any evidence. If you do your research, more fraudulent votes were put in for Kerry than Bush. There were too many ballots for Kerry to count coming from people who were dead, illegal, felons, etc. There were also machines in Philly that had hundreds of Kerry votes on them before being moved in the building. Claiming it was a rigged election is a VERY serious charge that requires evidence.

Just replying to a quote!!! THEY hate bush THEY lost!!!

Here's what's called "dodging the question." It works on Larry King, but not here. This is more like "The No Spin Zone," where you get hammered for dodging. People were getting onto you for implying that Kerry didn't really lose, and you continued to address the original question, pretending it was the new one. Don't do that.

Im sure there the same reasons you love him!!

This is, yet again, dodging the question. It's also, in a way, implying that we are bad people because we like all the aspects of Bush you find negative. This is borderline insulting. Truth be told, I've met your kind before, and when they finally listed reasons they hated Bush, at least half of them weren't even true.

Now, here is another common practice I see from many Democrat loonies (not that all Democrats are loonies, but many of them, like Howard Dean and Bullypulpit, are). You use a form of propoganda called "false alternative." You pretend there are only two views, yours and another so horribly extreme that nobody would claim it. It's the "You're either pro-abortion or you hate women" argument. It's also been used in other circumstances, like "you either think this black man is innocent or you're a racist," and "You're either for completely open borders or you're racist." Your statement is, "You either see my asinine, unfounded, extremist, borderline offensive statements as valid debate or you're just a closed-minded Neocon who can't stand seeing someone with an opposing point of view." On the contrary, we let Bullypulpit, NakedEmporer, MattsKramer, and several other liberals hang out on this board because they back up what they say with evidence (sometimes, hehe) and will at least try to make an argument. We'll let you hate Bush, love abortion, and think gay marriage is the only humane thing to do and hang out here, but not unless you actually provide a little more to back up your claims. Got it?

Now, here, in the same thread, is an example of a better anti-Bush post.

I hate Bush from the right.

This is a mostly GOP board, yes. But many folks on this board are upset with Bush for his utter failure on protecting our borders and the immigration issue. I am among them. Bush hasn't just dropped the ball on illegal immigration --- he caught it and ran like wild toward the other end zone. He's a disgrace.

I hate Bush for dragging us into an expensive war that does not benefit America. It benefits only Israel. For this, I consider Bush a traitor to this nation and its people. If he wants to fight and die for Israel like Bill Clinton, he should renounce his U.S. citizenship and move there.

I hate Bush for jacking up spending worse than Ted Kennedy loaded on a fifth of Chivas could ever have accomplished.

I hate Bush for making education a federal issue --- something no true conservative would have EVER done.

I hate Bush for being proud of his illiteracy and ignorance. He makes all the stereotypes of conservatives come true. Real conservatives are far more literate and informed than most liberals. But Bush is not in the club.

Bush is for tort reform and against gay marriage, two issues I support him on. But this is thin gruel --- any Democrat with half a brain would do the same. Even Bill Clinton was against gay marriage --- how brave is that?

Mostly I just think Bush is an idiot. He relies totally on advisors, many of whom don't give a damn about our nation, only globalist money-makers. Shame on him.

Now, I disagree with WJ on many of these points (#1 is right on, though), but I will not chastise him for it because he has backed his claims up a bit with something firmer to stand on than "Bush sucks." Now, we've established that you hate Bush. Now we'd like to see a detailed "why" list. After that comes the intelligent debate where some of us try to show you which of your points aren't really valid and how, while you defend your points and try to dismantle ours. That's how debate works. Got it?

suspiria said:

Aaaaah - no. But we do try to cull the more obvious dumbasses.

And if you can only come back with the usually lame rejoinders, don't even bother.

Forum List

Back