Am I a Moron ... ?

Granny

Gold Member
Dec 14, 2009
Rocky Top, TN
I am pretty much burned out on politics. I basically don't even watch the news anymore - too depressing for an old coot like myself. I don't know who, how, or why my name came into possession of the NRSC (National Republican Senatorial Committee) but everybody in the world now seems to have my name ... and they all want my money. I don't have any money. There have been a couple of instances where things said and/or written that have really irritated me and I'd like to tell the head honcho how I feel about it, but I'm afraid if I wrote to some Senator - and I wouldn't be ugly about anything - but I worry that if I expressed my opinion I might end up on some kind of subversive list or in federal prison. That's not what I want for myself In my few remaining years left on this earth.

Am I a moron? Just plain nuts?

I am pretty much burned out on politics. I basically don't even watch the news anymore - too depressing for an old coot like myself. I don't know who, how, or why my name came into possession of the NRSC (National Republican Senatorial Committee) but everybody in the world now seems to have my name ... and they all want my money. I don't have any money. There have been a couple of instances where things said and/or written that have really irritated me and I'd like to tell the head honcho how I feel about it, but I'm afraid if I wrote to some Senator - and I wouldn't be ugly about anything - but I worry that if I expressed my opinion I might end up on some kind of subversive list or in federal prison. That's not what I want for myself In my few remaining years left on this earth.

When I moved in here ~15 years ago (and got the phone number) I was on some Republican fund-raiser's call-list apparently. Nearest I can tell, the previous phone number leasee musta donated and then moved that I got their number. For some years various Republican groups called asking for the guy, and I'd take a moment to explain I'm the new guy, who isn't gonna give you a glob of spit. :) But the calls continued unabated so I took to having fun with them instead. "Oh absolutely! Just a moment please, let me get my info..." then leave em on the line while I went and watched tv for however long until they hung up. :)

No. You are a human being who has the right to tell them to go fuck themselves and then laugh at the utterly shocked expression on their faces.

:D

they want your $ ...
send them a condom and tell them to go F themselves.

All it takes to get on their list is to vote in a republican primary. I kept sending their solicitations back in their prepaid envelopes with note saying when they ran candidates that believed in the Constitution, I might consider donating. Didn't take long for them to stop sending me their crap.

When I first read this I thought Obama logged on.

I took some poll ofered by the Heritage Foundation, and now I'm on GOP fundraiser leads list for sure, I get it by mail, email, carrier pidgeon, and sky writers....and I don't donate anything to PACs

Nuts? Yes, a little.

The only thing you do by staying quite rather than taking them to task is giving them MORE power.

As the saying goes:
All it takes for evil to win is for good people to do nothing.

Voice your opinion and tell those that are bother you to get bent and (more importantly) WHY!

Yeah, I may be a little nuts - my children tell me that all the time! LOL! I almost didn't vote in the last election but was encouraged to do so by a good friend. The country is in such turmoil - it's almost like going through the Vietnam era again. But people seem more vicious today and government seems to be more invasive into every facet of our lives. I'm 71 years old now and I like my quiet little life - and, yes, I'm one of those people that younger people like to hate - I'd like to see more of "yesteryear" in this country - it was more quiet, people were nicer to each other, we had more national pride. I never feared my government and I could believe more of what was in the media - today the biggest "most respected" voices in the media seem to be falling like flies because the lies are catching up to them.

I don't know - it's another beautiful day today - maybe I should just get my arse up from here and finish cleaning my apartment then go out on my deck and watch the sun set over the hills around me.

Forum List

Back