Alzheimer's Can Be Prevented, Reversed

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
If this is true, it could be huge.

Dr. Dale Bredesen and his team of researchers at the Buck Institute for Research on Aging discovered Alzheimer's Disease is caused by 36 different factors that all need to be addressed.

"Imagine you have a roof with 36 different holes in it," Dr. Bredesen said, "If you take a drug, for example, which is fine, it could potentially help, but it's only going to cover one of the 36 holes, so we want to be able to cover the others."

Dr. Bredesen and his team developed a series of tests to determine exactly what's causing a person's Alzheimer's.

Story w/more @ Health Shocker! Alzheimer's Can Be Prevented, Reversed

This brings something to my mind. How rampant was this disease in the past? I never know people with Alzheimer's when I was growing up 7 decades ago.

That would be tremendous if they could at least stop the advancement of the disease. It's hard to believe it could be reversed since there is physical damage that happens with Alzheimers. But stopping it, wow what an achievement that would be. It's just a horrible disease.

Highly likely that many with Alzheimer's in the past died of other causes, now curable, before the mind was sufficiently destroyed to notice. Also, well into the 1950's, there was no well-known diagnosis other than, regionally, "Hardening Of The Arteries of The Brain".

Seems that if one lives long enough and misses Alzheimer's it'll be cancer that gets ya. But as more cancers become curable there'll be a bumper crop of demented folks about.

Of course..... after all, it's a neurodegenerative disorder. We have numerous genetic engineering models and clinical trials creeping up on the horizon....precedent would dictate that we have a solution sometime in the future.

Though, ya never know with science.

Forum List

Back