Always A Dreamer

Cammmmpbbell,
In the evenings the city would close it's gates to prevent being invaded. The walls had narrow slits to pass through, that were shaped like the eye of a needle. To get into the city, you had to remove the load your camel was carrying to get the camel through the narrow passageway. Then you had to go back out of the "eye" and carry your belongings in.
Riches can be cumbersome, but do not prevent a wealthy person from entering the city.

The man who cried Lord, Lord, understood the power of Christ and was able to emulate it like a magician. He was able to recreate some miracles. But He never got to know Jesus. So when He saw the alternative and cried Lord, Lord, Let me in, the Lord told the man He didn't know him.

I hope that's not what you hear when you realize the alternative, and cry, "Lord, Lord let me in, I didn't mean to blame you for what mankind did. I didn't realize how much you loved me."

Just curious. 'Course I can understand how a "Christian" doesn't want anything to interfere with their possessions but what did the Deciples mean when they were totally surprised?

Seems to me of it was just an ordinary, everyday occurence they wouldn't have thought it was such a big deal.

23 ¶Then said Jesus unto his disciples, Verily I say unto you, That a rich man shall hardly enter into the kingdom of heaven.

24 And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

25 When his disciples heard it, they were exceedingly amazed, saying, Who then can be saved?
26 But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

Kinda reminds me of the faith of a mustard seed deal.

Cammmmpbbell,
In the evenings the city would close it's gates to prevent being invaded. The walls had narrow slits to pass through, that were shaped like the eye of a needle. To get into the city, you had to remove the load your camel was carrying to get the camel through the narrow passageway. Then you had to go back out of the "eye" and carry your belongings in.
Riches can be cumbersome, but do not prevent a wealthy person from entering the city.

The man who cried Lord, Lord, understood the power of Christ and was able to emulate it like a magician. He was able to recreate some miracles. But He never got to know Jesus. So when He saw the alternative and cried Lord, Lord, Let me in, the Lord told the man He didn't know him.

I hope that's not what you hear when you realize the alternative, and cry, "Lord, Lord let me in, I didn't mean to blame you for what mankind did. I didn't realize how much you loved me."

Just curious. 'Course I can understand how a "Christian" doesn't want anything to interfere with their possessions but what did the Deciples mean when they were totally surprised?

Seems to me of it was just an ordinary, everyday occurence they wouldn't have thought it was such a big deal.

23 ¶Then said Jesus unto his disciples, Verily I say unto you, That a rich man shall hardly enter into the kingdom of heaven.

24 And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

25 When his disciples heard it, they were exceedingly amazed, saying, Who then can be saved?
26 But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

Just like the rich man that wouldn't give up his riches to follow Christ, among other sins, wealth can create a love of money, a form of idol worship. The poor don't grapple with the problems that wealth leads to. They are not as encumbered. Like the naked camel, they can get through the eye of the needle easier.
That is not to say that God has a problem with wealth, or that the wealthy are denied access. Abraham was loaded, as was David, and Solomon and they are there. Jesus hung out with the richest man on earth, was buried in the man's very nice tomb and the reason the Romans were gambling for the robe Christ had was because it was a very expensive robe. It was not stitched, it was one large piece of cloth. God plans on showering us with riches and treasures when we get home. He expects His children to do well.

Jesus surprised and confused the disciples all the time. What he told them was without God, man can't be saved. Riches or even riches with charity attached won't get them there. They had been taught that following the laws would get them there.

It's not the faith of a mustard seed, since they have no faith. It's faith as or like a mustard seed. It starts out small but once it is sown it grows and branches out everywhere. Jesus even likened Heaven to one.

Last edited:
Cammmmpbbell,

Just like the rich man that wouldn't give up his riches to follow Christ, among other sins, wealth can create a love of money, a form of idol worship. The poor don't grapple with the problems that wealth leads to. They are not as encumbered. Like the naked camel, they can get through the eye of the needle easier.
That is not to say that God has a problem with wealth, or that the wealthy are denied access. Abraham was loaded, as was David, and Solomon and they are there. Jesus hung out with the richest man on earth, was buried in the man's very nice tomb and the reason the Romans were gambling for the robe Christ had was because it was a very expensive robe. It was not stitched, it was one large piece of cloth. God plans on showering us with riches and treasures when we get home. He expects His children to do well.

Jesus surprised and confused the disciples all the time. What he told them was without God, man can't be saved. Riches or even riches with charity attached won't get them there. They had been taught that following the laws would get them there.

It's not the faith of a mustard seed, since they have no faith. It's faith as or like a mustard seed. It starts out small but once it is sown it grows and branches out everywhere. Jesus even likened Heaven to one.

LOL

I think you missed something.

Luke 16:19-31

King James Version (KJV)

19 There was a certain rich man, which was clothed in purple and fine linen, and fared sumptuously every day:

20 And there was a certain beggar named Lazarus, which was laid at his gate, full of sores,

21 And desiring to be fed with the crumbs which fell from the rich man's table: moreover the dogs came and licked his sores.

22 And it came to pass, that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels into Abraham's bosom: the rich man also died, and was buried;

23 And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom.

24 And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame.
25 But Abraham said, Son, remember that thou in thy lifetime receivedst thy good things, and likewise Lazarus evil things: but now he is comforted, and thou art tormented.

26 And beside all this, between us and you there is a great gulf fixed: so that they which would pass from hence to you cannot; neither can they pass to us, that would come from thence.

27 Then he said, I pray thee therefore, father, that thou wouldest send him to my father's house:

28 For I have five brethren; that he may testify unto them, lest they also come into this place of torment.

29 Abraham saith unto him, They have Moses and the prophets; let them hear them.

30 And he said, Nay, father Abraham: but if one went unto them from the dead, they will repent.

31 And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead.

Well, different scenario. But it'll work even better:

That conversion took place between a rich man in Hades< God's holding cell, and rich old Abraham, who was in Paradise < Abraham's bosom. There was a large chasm between the two.
Notice that even without their earthly bodies, they were still recognizable, and retained full awareness. The rich man in Hades, remembered his brothers, and was concerned for their welfare, all without a clay brain or body. That is because it is your soul that retains your information for eternity.

But the point is you have two rich men talking to each other. One rich man in paradise, telling a rich man in Hades, that there is nothing he can do for the man's brothers. In paradise, with Abraham, was rich King David, and his son, richer Solomon.
Wealth has nothing to do with your destination. Your relationship with your Father determines that.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back