Alone Season 9

iamwhatiseem

Diamond Member
Aug 19, 2010
On a hill
We stream this on Netflix, the live season broadcasted awhile back.

This season, to us, is not very good. Kind of boring.
Where I believe the problem is, right from the 1st episode one of the contestants says "the survivalist community is not very diverse, so I am glad to represent a group in survival". - in other words - they did affirmative action contestants rather than picking the best.
Every year, and what has made the show so good, is the kickass survivalist and seeing what these bad asses are capable of, and the extent of what they endure. There is not one kick ass contestant this season. Not one. They are all middle of the road. And it is boring.
They continue down this path of being "inclusive" rather than who is the best - the show will be over this season, next season tops.

I watched that show when it first started.
It is tough to try and find 2000 calories per day in the wilderness.
It shows us how dependent we are upon farming and ranching.
Now the Climate Change Cult is going after the farmers and ranchers.

They show the need to eat real fat. Fish diet or berries won't do over weeks/months. On History Channel on Demand I've watched them all. Now thru season10 EP7? OP seems right too.

Last edited:
They’ve been going out of their way to get a female winner.
That was obvious in I think it was season 6, they set that chick up literally right next to a Salmon run stream. Like they didn't know that!!
She still lost.
Naked and Afraid can be really good, and there have been some monster bad ass chicks on their. Women can be really good survivors, but the problem is the long term. The physical advantages don't matter as much when you are doing it for only 21 days. Over 100 is another story

I've never missed an episode of that show. This year, my interest is maybe as lackluster as their offering. But I'm still watching it. Like some abused women, hoping it'll change and get better.

We stream this on Netflix, the live season broadcasted awhile back.

This season, to us, is not very good. Kind of boring.
Where I believe the problem is, right from the 1st episode one of the contestants says "the survivalist community is not very diverse, so I am glad to represent a group in survival". - in other words - they did affirmative action contestants rather than picking the best.
Every year, and what has made the show so good, is the kickass survivalist and seeing what these bad asses are capable of, and the extent of what they endure. There is not one kick ass contestant this season. Not one. They are all middle of the road. And it is boring.
They continue down this path of being "inclusive" rather than who is the best - the show will be over this season, next season tops.
Can't be worse than Naked, and Afraid. Similar concept except the contestants are naked. Then they blur everything out nullifying the whole point...

Can't be worse than Naked, and Afraid. Similar concept except the contestants are naked. Then they blur everything out nullifying the whole point...

LOL! The point isn't that you get to see boobies and peckers- it's that we feel much more vulnerable to just about everything without even a few scraps for clothes...

Forum List

Back