Almost half of US families can't afford basics like rent and food

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
This CNN video and article whines about how nearly 51 million American households are on the verge of starvation and homelessness.

Many of these folks are the nation's child care workers, home health aides, office assistants and store clerks, who work low-paying jobs and have little savings, the study noted. Some 66% of jobs in the US pay less than $20 an hour.

$800 per week before taxes. I guess that’s why Pelosi called the recent tax cuts bread crumbs. When one only makes $3,200 per month before taxes, a hundred or so more in the pocket just doesn’t seem like much to someone who lives in a million dollar plus compound, has lots of servants [making their miserable wages] and rides around in limos and private jets.

Notice that the CNN experts don’t suggest anything to improve it.

Story and video @ Almost half of US families can't afford basics like rent and food

It said less than 20 an hour, in Mi a lot of them make 9.25 which is the min wage.

So the median income is the middle income and for most its not enough to live on. The GOP did the opposite of what Robbin Hood did.

The estimated average monthly benefit for "all retired workers" in 2016 is $1,341. Social Security benefits are calculated by combining your 35 highest-paid working years (if you worked for more than 35 years). First, all wages are indexed to account for inflation.

So that is 16092 a year at 2080 hours, that gives them 7.73 an hour, and they have to pay Medicare and Medicare pays only 80% bills, so figure it out.

I thought Trump would have that all fixed by now.

As trump said "Taxes are too high, and wages are too high"

I guess people didn't believe him. He told his buddies at his southern Whitehouse,

"Don't worry I will get your tax cut".

This CNN video and article whines about how nearly 51 million American households are on the verge of starvation and homelessness.

Many of these folks are the nation's child care workers, home health aides, office assistants and store clerks, who work low-paying jobs and have little savings, the study noted. Some 66% of jobs in the US pay less than $20 an hour.

$800 per week before taxes. I guess that’s why Pelosi called the recent tax cuts bread crumbs. When one only makes $3,200 per month before taxes, a hundred or so more in the pocket just doesn’t seem like much to someone who lives in a million dollar plus compound, has lots of servants [making their miserable wages] and rides around in limos and private jets.

Notice that the CNN experts don’t suggest anything to improve it.

Story and video @ Almost half of US families can't afford basics like rent and food

Whines? Gee, what a caring guy you are! I am impressed. NOT!

The estimated average monthly benefit for "all retired workers" in 2016 is $1,341. Social Security benefits are calculated by combining your 35 highest-paid working years (if you worked for more than 35 years). First, all wages are indexed to account for inflation.

So that is 16092 a year at 2080 hours, that gives them 7.73 an hour, and they have to pay Medicare and Medicare pays only 80% bills, so figure it out.
I plan on working after death to afford my lifestyle.

90% of all the profit and wealth are going to the top 10%. For most people it doesn't matter how hard you work or try in this life as you'll never get ahead. The damn system is set up to make damn sure of that!

I guess people didn't believe him. He told his buddies at his southern Whitehouse,

Exactly, many of his policies are directed at only benefiting the top 10% and to hell with the rest of society. Think about it and consider why he wants to lower wages and why he is attacking cheap third world labor? When you get deep down to it his plan is to force the American people to become the cheap labor and finally the serf.

90% of all the profit and wealth are going to the top 10%. For most people it doesn't matter how hard you work or try in this life as you'll never get ahead. The damn system is set up to make damn sure of that!
It isn't, but here is an idea.

Try to become part of that top 10%.

Of course, it takes dedication, a willingness to risk everything, and the ability to stop whining about how unfair life is.

It said less than 20 an hour, in Mi a lot of them make 9.25 which is the min wage.

So the median income is the middle income and for most its not enough to live on. The GOP did the opposite of what Robbin Hood did.

What do you expect when Obama tried to force them to buy health care before food and rent?

I worked for minimum wage and had a hard time supporting myself. But I put myself through college. I was constantly looking for a better job, or a way to make more money at my current job (e.g., overtime, promotions). Then, with the help of the GI Bill, I put myself through law school.

When I got married, both I and my wife were near minimum wage. Until she finished night school and got her degree. Two people making minimum wage, working full-time, and going to school at night, is do-able.

We postponed having a kid until after we had purchased a house (GI Bill), and had a few bucks in the bank.

Over the course of many years we went from the "bottom Quintile" to the "top Quintile."

That's the way it works. You work hard, make intelligent decisions, don't waste your money on cigarettes, alcohol, eating out, expensive vacations, fancy cars, or at Starbucks. It's called, "middle-class values."

If you finish high school, get ANY job, get married, and don't have kids UNTIL you are married, you will not live in poverty, statistically speaking.

And if you are looking to Government to lift you out of poverty you are a fool.

I worked for minimum wage and had a hard time supporting myself. But I put myself through college. I was constantly looking for a better job, or a way to make more money at my current job (e.g., overtime, promotions). Then, with the help of the GI Bill, I put myself through law school.

When I got married, both I and my wife were near minimum wage. Until she finished night school and got her degree. Two people making minimum wage, working full-time, and going to school at night, is do-able.

We postponed having a kid until after we had purchased a house (GI Bill), and had a few bucks in the bank.

Over the course of many years we went from the "bottom Quintile" to the "top Quintile."

That's the way it works. You work hard, make intelligent decisions, don't waste your money on cigarettes, alcohol, eating out, expensive vacations, fancy cars, or at Starbucks. It's called, "middle-class values."

If you finish high school, get ANY job, get married, and don't have kids UNTIL you are married, you will not live in poverty, statistically speaking.

Thank you for the post!

Yep, at the first debate trump let it slip that wages are too high. We already knew he feels that way because he refuses to hire Americans and hires undocumented as well.

The gop has said they want to end food stamps. LyinRyan says he ants to wend Medicaid, SocSec, Medicare, food stamps before he "retires". This is in spite of the fact that he got his education thanks to SocSec.

Before trump is out of office, they will succeed in their plan to make the US a third world "shit hole".

We've talked a lot about this because we have two family members who cannot pay their own expenses and constantly "borrow" from us.

Here's another source of the OP -

Fed survey shows 40 percent of adults still can't cover a $400 emergency expense
Overall consumer debt, excluding mortgages, is on track to reach $4 billion this year, according to recent data from LendingTree.

DGS49

Nope. You don't get to pretend you did this and so people NOW should be able to do it too.

My first job, age 13, waiting tables at a truck stop. I too worked for minimum wage and I too put myself through college working two jobs. I well remember getting paid and stopping by the financial aid class to make a payment on my tuition.

That is simply not possible now. Period.

GI Bill??? Did you forget that the fucking useless Republicans gutted that? You would not be able to avail yourself of that now.

I do agree with your last line - If the Rs can do it, they will steal the rest of YOUR SocSec and end Medicare.

Yep, at the first debate trump let it slip that wages are too high. We already knew he feels that way because he refuses to hire Americans and hires undocumented as well.

The gop has said they want to end food stamps. LyinRyan says he ants to wend Medicaid, SocSec, Medicare, food stamps before he "retires". This is in spite of the fact that he got his education thanks to SocSec.

Before trump is out of office, they will succeed in their plan to make the US a third world "shit hole".

We've talked a lot about this because we have two family members who cannot pay their own expenses and constantly "borrow" from us.

Here's another source of the OP -

Fed survey shows 40 percent of adults still can't cover a $400 emergency expense
Overall consumer debt, excluding mortgages, is on track to reach $4 billion this year, according to recent data from LendingTree.

Thank goodness you do not have that 30 year old sponging off you.

We had that problem of borrowing from family members.

My Husband solved his problem real quick. He turned the budget over to me. Worked out quite well for him.:)

only because they're stupid. You dont HAVE kids in the US today if you dont have 1/4 million in the bank, per kid, and also, one parent has to make 100k a year so that you dont have to sponge off of the taxpayer to raise the kid properly. he AINT raised until he can raise his own kids properly. By then, 25 years, that is, inflation wll mean that he has to have 4x as much in the bank and be making 4x as much per year. Public schooling is WELFARE, people. It's funded by other's tax money, taken at the point of a gun.

Forum List

Back