Almost 80 million with employer health care plans could have coverage canceled

no, he is an obamabot.

it's like a broken record :D

I have answered it. You are wrong. A cancellation of a policy does not automatically follow from losing grandfather status.

I'm dealing with a bunch of ignorant rubes who don't know the difference.

no, you did not. losing grandfahtered status means exatly cancellation - of the policies the vast majority of Americans liked and wanted to keep.
But you are an obamabot and you will parrot whatever the talking points are sent to you.

the one for the day is "cancellation and losing the grandfathered status are two different things" :lol:

How do you know people "liked" their policies?
You give a scant profile of your family and they supply a quote for which you reply "Yes" or "No".
You're to make it sound like people audit every IDC9 and CPT and specialty and only after careful consideration choose a Provider and Plan.
That's plain rediculous.

Remember people...."Grandfather Status" exists solely at the whim of Obama and HHS. Whenever they decide to change the regs, you are screwed. The argument about grandfather status is a fallacy.

Obama and HHS are holding a gun to the head of every American with an employer based plan. Whenever they decide to change the regs...there is not a damn thing you can do about it.

What the doom and gloomers are choosing to ignore is that many millions of employees who currently do not get insurance from their employers will start to get it for the first time.

There won't be 80 million cancellations. There will be some, but nowhere near that number. Not even close. What's more, many people who never had it from their employer to begin with will start getting it.

So here are the things you will actually see come to pass in the coming years:

1) Per capita spending on healthcare will continue to rise.

2) The percentage of employers who sponsor insurance for their employees will rise.

3) The number of insured will rise.

4) The popularity of ObamaCare will rise.

Time will demonstrate if I am right. Just remember I predicted it. :lol:

Last edited:
I have answered it. You are wrong. A cancellation of a policy does not automatically follow from losing grandfather status.

no, you did not. losing grandfahtered status means exatly cancellation - of the policies the vast majority of Americans liked and wanted to keep.
But you are an obamabot and you will parrot whatever the talking points are sent to you.

the one for the day is "cancellation and losing the grandfathered status are two different things" :lol:

You give a scant profile of your family and they supply a quote for which you reply "Yes" or "No".
You're to make it sound like people audit every IDC9 and CPT and specialty and only after careful consideration choose a Provider and Plan.
That's plain rediculous.

because they were keeping them, duh

What the doom and gloomers are choosing to ignore is that many millions of employees who currently do not get insurance from their employers will start to get it for the first time.

There won't be 80 million cancellations. There will be some, but nowhere near that number. Not even close. What's more, many people who never had it from their employer to begin with will start getting it.

So here are the things you will actually see come to pass in the coming years:

1) Per capita spending on healthcare will continue to rise.

2) The percentage of employers who sponsor insurance for their employees will rise.

3) The number of insured will rise.

4) The popularity of ObamaCare will rise.

Time will demonstrate if I am right. Just remember I predicted it. :lol:

Yeah, we're all marking it down. I suggest we neg rep him to red splats when he's wrong. Considering he's relying mainly on conjecture here like he has been since this circular logic began.

it means the cancellation of the policies you like.

But don't expect the obamabots to admit it.

Now he claims "as the administration predicted it" - but the administration LIED all the way up yo October 1 "if you like your plan -you will keep it ".

And I can bet during those years all obamabots, including g were singing the same tune

No its just cancelation of policies that you like and dislike. You seem to keep forgetting that the reason the US went this route is because people in general were being fucked in the ass by their health insurance

nobody was fucked up before if one has had insurance. Because one was able to choose from a huge variety of plans, which are not existent anymore - because of this crap obamacare.

NOW we all are grossly fucked up - some already, some starting from 2018

Take off those rose color glasses man.

Remember people...."Grandfather Status" exists solely at the whim of Obama and HHS. Whenever they decide to change the regs, you are screwed. The argument about grandfather status is a fallacy.

Obama and HHS are holding a gun to the head of every American with an employer based plan. Whenever they decide to change the regs...there is not a damn thing you can do about it.

the term was specifically designed to cancel the existing policies and to phase out employer-based insurance even before 2018 when the excise tax kicks in - and I would imagine now everybody understands that a mere PPO plan is going to be considered "cadillac" one, simply because of the skyrocketing costs - it is already over 10,200 per year - and it will double by 2018.

But have you ever heard this term "grandfathered plan"? Obviously not - because before October 1, 2013 obama and his minions were lying, lying and lying about "if you like your plan you can keep it" - and the plan was exactly the opposite from the very beginning.

It is very telling Fox News is not reporting how many gazillions of people will start getting insurance from their employers who do not currently provide them with insurance.

No its just cancelation of policies that you like and dislike. You seem to keep forgetting that the reason the US went this route is because people in general were being fucked in the ass by their health insurance

nobody was fucked up before if one has had insurance. Because one was able to choose from a huge variety of plans, which are not existent anymore - because of this crap obamacare.

I don't have to. I live around the people and they all have had insurance. all those lying spooky stories a-la fat moore happened on a rare occasion in the situation of the individual market insurance. And even there it was EXTREMELY RARE.
and now we are facing 80 million people going without insurance

When The Rule of Law is replaced by the Capriciousness of The Ruler and the Whim of the Bureaucrat, those who are not cronies are going to derisk by taking signals from The Ruler. In this case, the least risky option is to cancel non-grandfathered plans because The Won doesn't approve of them. And we know what the EPA, IRS, ATF etc do to those who do not obey The Won.

• Thanks
Reactions: Vox

That's plain rediculous.

How do you know they didn't like them and why do you think the government should presume to know what people like/don't like and to substitute its whim for the judgement of individuals as to what is best for them?

It is very telling Fox News is not reporting how many gazillions of people will start getting insurance from their employers who do not currently provide them with insurance.

Gazillions of people? They just live in states 51 through 57.

I don't have to. I live around the people and they all have had insurance. all those lying spooky stories a-la fat moore happened on a rare occasion in the situation of the individual market insurance. And even there it was EXTREMELY RARE.

Whoa whoa....So they weren't happening but they were happening because you saw it. But it was only rare because you saw it

It wasn't rare....because I saw it. In fact it happened all the time

But its possible all those things can and will happen so stop telling half the story if you want to look the least bit credible

But most evidence is proving otherwise to date.

Is most the same as all?

Like I said the sausage is still being made. You want to talk about grinding the pig meat when other people are looking at the bigger picture. The Sausage...people love sausage and other countries love their healthcare

Ask the 99% about most and all.

You are correct, the sausage is still being made, but you've already declared it to be tasty and it isn't even cooked yet.

Whoa whoa....So they weren't happening but they were happening because you saw it. But it was only rare because you saw it

no, they were NOT happening all the time - that's a LIE. they were happening on very rare occasions and usually were directly connected to the screw-up on paperwork of the insured themselves. Not that insurance companies were eagerly giving around goodies for free, but the spooky lying stories a-la fat liar moore did not happen.

it was all propaganda lie. I know it from the receiving end and people who were working in insurance businesses already have written million times from their giving point.

Once again, in the Federal register it was predicted that a high percentage of employers who provide health insurance would lose their grandfather status by the end of 2013.

A bozo who was a Romney campaign flack took that and a couple weeks ago created the lie that Obama predicted 93 million people would have their insurance cancelled, claiming that is what was said in the Register.

But as those of you who have looked at the Register have seen, that is not in there. It is a lie.

Since then, other hacks have taken that ball of lies and run with it.

They are all counting on you being too ignorant to know the difference between loss of grandfather status (which is what is actually in the Register) and cancellation of policies.

Christ, some of you even hallucinated "cancellation of policies" when you posted links to predictions of loss of grandfather status as evidence that Obama predicted 80 million cancellations! :lol:

And its all a big smoke screen to make you forget the employer mandate is going to result in employers who do not provide insurance to start providing it.

ObamaCare has several ancestors. Its father is RomneyCare. And RomneyCare has resulted in a larger percentage of people being insured, and particular to this topic, a greater percentage of employers providing insurance to their employees.

Another ancestor of ObamaCare is Medicare.

These ancestors were vehemently opposed by conservatives. We were all being sold into slavery, etc.

And yet years after their implementation, they are wildly popular. This popularity continues despite their shooting past cost projections by light years.

Even Republicans came to Medicare's defense to get senior's votes in the last election! Hell, they even created Medicare Part D, without paying for this massively expensive new program.

So you better get used to ObamaCare. It is here to stay. You can shoot the messenger all you like, but it won't change reality.

Last edited:
Thanks for the history lesson. Obama is a sociopathic piece of shit. None of the above applies to someone who has lied about this legislation every step of the way.

no, they were NOT happening all the time - that's a LIE. they were happening on very rare occasions and usually were directly connected to the screw-up on paperwork of the insured themselves. Not that insurance companies were eagerly giving around goodies for free, but the spooky lying stories a-la fat liar moore did not happen.

it was all propaganda lie. I know it from the receiving end and people who were working in insurance businesses already have written million times from their giving point.

no it wasn't there were stories coming from everywhere...now you're pretending our system was so great that people voted for Obama touting Obamacare because they were all crazy.

Will some people pay more for their insurance because of ObamaCare?

Yep.

But that is only one side of the equation. Some people will pay less for their insurance because of ObamaCare. Some people will get insurance who never had it before or who have not had insurance for years. That is another thing partisan hacks try to cover up with a lot of smoke.

Don't run from the truth like Obama does. Then you are no better than he is.

ObamaCare is not a zero sum game, however, because per capita spending on healthcare will continue to rise. The real debate is whether it will rise faster, slower, or at the same rate it was rising prior to ObamaCare. Another big delusion among those who run from the truth is that healthcare costs were just fine before ACA and were not rising out of control.

That's what we should be really looking at: healthcare costs are going to continue to rise. And we should be strategizing about what to do about it, instead of making up wild shit like this 80-93 million cancellations bullshit.

Healthcare costs are going to continue to rise. This should be what the Right is laser focused on. And the Right should have a plan. A plan that is within the confines of ObamaCare.

Because ObamaCare is here to stay.

Rather than this constant pissing and moaning, come up with some solutions.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back