All Thirty Three

The President of Chile is a real leader of his people.

Obama is a self-absorbed pile of shit.

Wow. Just wow. Can't you leave the politics at the door, and enjoy the celebration? Fucking idiot.

For the first time ever, I agree with Younglefty. That should tell you something guys.

Stop politicizing this thread.

If you want to compare Obama to other leaders. Start another thread.

Wow. Just wow. Can't you leave the politics at the door, and enjoy the celebration? Fucking idiot.

For the first time ever, I agree with Younglefty. That should tell you something guys.

I'll second that. And, there are sitll 5 or 6 rescuers that have to be brought up.

I'll second that. And, there are sitll 5 or 6 rescuers that have to be brought up.

Talk about brave eh. Going down there to save people in a 21 inch tube. Takes some rock solid balls :)

It will be helpful to look at this rescue and figure out exactly what went right and why. What did the mine do from day one of opening the mine to today?
To begin with the government focused on rescue and not all the political crap of whose's responsible and who's going to pay, and how do we put the right spin on the story. Second, they sought those best qualified to help. They brought in NASA, a Canadian firm , the Germans, and the Chilean Navy in addition to the mining company. Lastly, they didn't give up. I think we can all learn by this.

See, there's always something we can find to agree on ;).

Whoa! Did the world just end? J/K :lol:.

Talk about brave eh. Going down there to save people in a 21 inch tube. Takes some rock solid balls :)

For sure!
128843073640164573.jpg

they have them :)

It would be nice if you'd just stop now. This is a celebration.

Thanks for saying that Willow, and thanks for this thread!

It's a happy day all around the world, to see that these men in Chile are alive, going to be ok, and reunited with their families!

Who on August 5th could have imagined this story would end this way? So few happy stories today. This was like watching the Eagle landing on the moon. The whole world watched and rejoiced.

I think that the nations with major mining industries should take a lesson from what the people and government of Chile have accomplished by being totally open, and publically asking for help from all nations. We, all these nations, should maintain a depot with the equipment to rapidly deploy a rescue mission wherever in the world it is needed. We need the products of these mines, and must mine, but we cannot needlessly put the men and women doing so in needless danger. Every nation need strong regulations protecting the workers in the mines.

Who on August 5th could have imagined this story would end this way? So few happy stories today. This was like watching the Eagle landing on the moon. The whole world watched and rejoiced.

I think that the nations with major mining industries should take a lesson from what the people and government of Chile have accomplished by being totally open, and publically asking for help from all nations. We, all these nations, should maintain a depot with the equipment to rapidly deploy a rescue mission wherever in the world it is needed. We need the products of these mines, and must mine, but we cannot needlessly put the men and women doing so in needless danger. Every nation need strong regulations protecting the workers in the mines.

To be honest, even after they discovered they were alive. I still didn't think they had much chance of surviving.

Technology is an awesome thing.

Congratulations to the people of Chile and the people who directed the rescue.

It was as professional an operation as I have ever seen and was executed to precision. No corners were cut in removing the miners safely.

The story captivated the world and showed another side of Chile and its people

Last edited:
hurrah! pretty incredible stuff. 69 days, 2,000 feet below. I'd have lost my sanity.

The times I have been in mines, just one hour creeps me out.

But miners are a different breed. They spend 12 hours a day in the mines, not seeing the sun is part of their lives.

What I find terrifying is the first few weeks when nobody knew they were alive. Having to go day by day doubting whether you could be rescued.

Forum List

Back