All The News Anti-Palestinian Posters Will Not Read Or Discuss

Discussion in 'Israel and Palestine' started by montelatici, Jul 18, 2017.

1. Toddsterpatriot

Toddsterpatriot Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +29,061
    People do not get colonized voluntarily. It requires military force.

But enough about the spread of Islam.

• Funny and Agree!! Funny and Agree!! x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Shusha

Shusha Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,652
    Holy moving the goal posts, Batman! The claim on the table is that Arab Palestinians are entitled to the whole of the remaining territory. And, therefore, the Jewish Palestinians are not entitled to any territory.

Defend.

3. Shusha

Shusha Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,652
    According to Tinmore, "Day One" was the return of the Jewish people to their homeland. The trigger is the presence of the Jewish people in Israel. (Thus all this talk about "colonizers").

Of course, he will argue, and has argued, that Jews and Arabs got along "just fine" all over the Middle East and North Africa. Its not really about the presence of Jewish people, then is it?

What is Tinmore's real "Day One"?

• Funny and Agree!! Funny and Agree!! x 2
  4. P F Tinmore

P F Tinmore Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,891
    Of course I have a video for that.

Leila Farsakh: Mandatory Palestine prior to 1939 - Opposition to British policy and Zionist project

5. rylah

rylah Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,910
    This is a typical pan-Arab revision of history, that starts from a certain date, before which they never dare to even remotely discuss. This is done for 2 purposes:

1. Sell the peaceful coexistence lie, and hide the responsibility of the Arab Pogroms in motivating the native Jewish population to organize politically and militarily with the help of the diaspora as a response.
    2. Hide the ruling Arab elite's responsibility in causing chaos by both trying to eat the cake and leave it whole, through an attempt to gain wealth by sale of lands for astronomical prices, while at the same time inciting the population of Arab tenants to revolt and take it back by force. And as a byproduct keep the royal Arab families in power as feudal elites, at times of power restructuring in that specific small region and the Ottoman Caliphate as whole - effectively deflecting all rage and blame at the Jewish population.
    Then follows a projection of later British statements that were a result of later Arab pressure, on what was their initial position, regarding their commitment in helping the native Jewish community and that in the diaspora to organize politically for self-determination and eventual independence - change of cause and effect.

Essentially what we have is abuse by typically placing all the blame on the victim, to which the Arab dominating power structure never imagined to ever lose, because of their habit in seeing the native Jewish population as a neglectable 3rd class, convenient passive scapegoats, on whom all pressure of the Arabs could be released, as a result of their inability to actually govern (seen till today), powerlessness in face of constant Bedouin plundering, and total corruption of the Arab feudal elites that were installed by the Ottoman Caliphate.

As I've said before, that region was the most messy, mistreated and neglected of the entire Caliphate.
    Blaming that on Jews is merely a symptom of a much deeper problem, which prevented them from effectively organizing politically and ordering their lives, from the times of the Muslim expansion into the region - till this day around much of the Arab world (with rare exceptions).

[​IMG]

Q. What else did they ever do beside blaming the victim?

• Informative Informative x 1
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2019
  6. Shusha

Shusha Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,652
    Of course you have a video.

She names the first period of Arab resistance as being a direct result of the formation of the World Zionist Declaration with its stated goal of "...establishing for the Jewish people a publicly recognized and legally assured home in Palestine."

In other words, Arabs resist the idea that the Jewish people have a publicly recognized and legally assured home in Palestine (their homeland).

She states: "The encounter with the Zionist project was not so much an encounter with the Jews, it was an encounter with these foreign settlers. They were coming to Palestine. ... Their concern was not the fact that these people came, but that they were European and they did not mingle with the local population. They wanted to be on their own."

In other words, Arabs resist the idea that the Jewish people should "be on their own" (self-determination, self-government, sovereignty).

These twin ideas -- that the Jewish people must not have a legally assured home in their homeland and that the Jewish people must be under the sovereignty of others -- is absolutely unacceptable in any modern context.

Also, question: If Leila Farsakh wanted to move "home" to Palestine, how would she prove she is not "too American"?

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. P F Tinmore

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,891
    Strip Searches and Worse: Heba al-Labadi Among Palestinians Tortured in Israeli Prisons

Female prisoners say the mistreatment they experienced in Israeli prisons seemed often to involve sexual degradation and abuse.

[​IMG]

On August 20, Heba Ahmed al-Labadi fell into the dark hole of the Israeli legal system, joining 413 Palestinian prisoners who are currently held in so-called administrative detention.

Administrative detention is Israel’s go-to legal proceeding when it simply wants to mute the voices of Palestinian political activists, but lacks any concrete evidence that can be presented in an open, military court.

Wafa Samir Ibrahim al-Bis, a Palestinian woman from the Jablaiya refugee camp in Gaza, told me about the years she was held in Israeli jails. “I was tortured for years inside the Ramleh prison’s infamous ‘cell nine’, a torture chamber they designated for people like me,” she said.

I was hanged from the ceiling and beaten. They put a black bag on my head as they beat and interrogated me for many hours and days. They released dogs and mice in my cell. I couldn’t sleep for days at a time. They stripped me naked and left me like that for days on end. They didn’t allow me to meet with a lawyer or even receive visits from the Red Cross.”

8. Hollie

Hollie Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,986
    Of course, "Mint Press". An internet version of a supermarket tabloid.

Any corroboration of that story?

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  9. Hollie

Hollie Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,986
    Can I ask that you don't make this thread just another dumping ground for your YouTube videos?

Thanks in advance.

10. P F Tinmore

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,891
    Israel demolishes structures in Masafer Yatta

Israeli forces on Thursday demolished a number of sheds and tents and seized solar panels in the village of Khirbet a-Daqiqah, in Masafer Yatta in the south of the occupied West Bank, said a local activist.

Rateb al-Jabour, coordinator of the popular committee against the separation wall and settlements, said that an Israeli occupation forces bulldozer demolished several tin sheds in Shaab al-Harathin area and seized solar panels that were used to light homes.

Residents fear there may be other demolitions in the area, said Jabour.

Israel demolishes structures in Masafer Yatta