Alan Derschowitz: Zimmerman Charge Wont Stand

Is this going to be another Duke Lacrosse situation were everyone assumes the prosecutors must have more evidence than we know of but it turns out they don't? Did Angela Corey simply take the word of Trayvon's mother? And the word of his girlfriend without considering they might be mistaken or lying.... since they are under a lot of public pressure.

Am I being cynical in thinking that if this goes to trial it will be a hung jury because the black jurors will vote guilty, the hispanic jurors will vote not guilty, and the white votes will be up for grabs?

That affidavit shows that Florida's state attorney is just a dumb c***. It accuses, without evidence, that Zimmerman was motivated by racism. And, it doesn't even argue that there was a crime. It merely argues that Zimmerman shot the African in a course of a struggle - which is consistent with self-defense. Yet, the charge is second degree murder.

Under Florida Statute, second degree murder requires one of the following conditions:
1) Showing no regard for human life. Or,
2) Killing while committing a felony.

The Affidavit doesn't even attempt to demonstrate either of these.

The Prosecution has nothing.

By not adhering to the advice to break off his pursuit when told to stop...

... is a problem...

... a big one...

... it contradicts the image of a law abiding citizen.
:eusa_shifty:

... is a problem...

... a big one...

1) It's not established that Zimmerman continued to follow the African. On the contrary, Zimmerman agrees not to follow the African, and apparently Zimmerman loses track of the African.

2) There is nothing sinister about Zimmerman trying to keep track of the African. The 911 operator discouraged following the African for Zimmerman's own safety, not because Zimmerman was breaking any law, moron.

Maybe you should review some of the many relevant threads in this forum to see that there's no case against Zimmerman. Or, maybe your racist bigotry tells you all you need to know.

Is this going to be another Duke Lacrosse situation were everyone assumes the prosecutors must have more evidence than we know of but it turns out they don't? Did Angela Corey simply take the word of Trayvon's mother? And the word of his girlfriend without considering they might be mistaken or lying.... since they are under a lot of public pressure.

Am I being cynical in thinking that if this goes to trial it will be a hung jury because the black jurors will vote guilty, the hispanic jurors will vote not guilty, and the white votes will be up for grabs?

No, I doubt it.

I suspect he'll be convicted or he'll cop a plea to manslaughter.

Jurors will see a kid who was shot over something stupid.

... is a problem...

... a big one...

1) It's not established that Zimmerman continued to follow the African. On the contrary, Zimmerman agrees not to follow the African, and apparently Zimmerman loses track of the African.

2) There is nothing sinister about Zimmerman trying to keep track of the African. The 911 operator discouraged following the African for Zimmerman's own safety, not because Zimmerman was breaking any law, moron.

Maybe you should review some of the many relevant threads in this forum to see that there's no case against Zimmerman. Or, maybe your racist bigotry tells you all you need to know.

African? I believe he was American.

The most troubling thing I heard from Dershowitz, is that both the prosecution and defense are trying to seal the record;that's unacceptable; it invites skullduggery. If you want the truth, you can't be for THAT even if it yields the result you want. I want justice in this case, not a railroading to serve anyone's political ambitions.

yep, the State better have more than that to convict Zman. Also, his lawyer seems like a sharp dude, much better than the two dorks he had before. I'm not pulling for Zimmerman but would like to see the truth revealed.

The most troubling thing I heard from Dershowitz, is that both the prosecution and defense are trying to seal the record;that's unacceptable; it invites skullduggery. If you want the truth, you can't be for THAT even if it yields the result you want. I want justice in this case, not a railroading to serve anyone's political ambitions.
I agree, somewhat. But, if they make a case to the judge that the sealing is an effort to protect witnesses, they will get it.

We can thank the Mob (and Spike Lee) for that.

:mad:

Alan Dershowitz: Zimmerman Arrest Affidavit "Irresponsible And Unethical" | RealClearPolitics

Wow, I actually agree with this guy.

Now I have to completely re-evaluate my opinion on the Zimmerman case, lol.

I’ve said from the onset that people need to let the justice system do its thing, and disband this ridiculous lynch mob against a guy who may very well be completely innocent. The media’s methodology of covering this issue has been wholly irresponsible.

No one was happy that Treyvon died, as it was a tragedy. But unless you were there witnessing the crime, you have no right to accuse Zimmerman of lying, because you’d basically be making up things.

Thanks to the media, the lynch mob mentality, the bandwagon accusations, and people speaking completely out of their ass prematurely, George Zimmerman will never ever be truly free again – even if he is found to be innocent after a thorough police investigation.

Too many millions of people now hate him (unjustifiably, at this point, thanks to a media that egged everyone on), everyone knows what he looks like, and you can bet his life will be in serious jeopardy when and if he’s released back out into the public.

If you were one of the people who shamelessly jumped to conclusions on the onset of this whole thing, you need to reevaluate how you operate (in my opinion).

Last edited:

I was addressing his race, not his nationality. What planet do you live on where there's a Zimmerman/Trayvon issue where nationality plays a big role? Moron.

... is a problem...

... a big one...

Yes, and no CHARGE (S)has yet been filed. Just the probable cause affidavit, which the JUDGE deemed sufficient..

Zimmerman has been railroaded into court, and an open record will let us know of further railroading. But, the shit-for-brains racist lynch mob makes closing the doors a virtual necessity, for the safety of the witnesses. And, also as a step to help prevent black riots after an acquittal, by lowering the profile of the trial.

Yes, and no CHARGE (S)has yet been filed. Just the probable cause affidavit, which the JUDGE deemed sufficient..
To the bolded, do you have a link that the judge has done so?

The affidavit was pathetically thin. I suspect it was an unethical attempt to pressure Zimmerman to accept a plea deal of manslaughter. That's supposed to be illegal but when the prosecutor has a shot at a federal judgeship, well, that's worth kowtowing to the townsfolk bearing torches, ain't it?

George Zimmerman held pending arraignment in Trayvon shooting

It was set for arraignment, possible bond hearing the April 20th. The affidavit is NOT the charge(s), only probable cause to proceed.

No one was happy that Treyvon died, as it was a tragedy.

No one? There's a hundred people who won't be crime victims in the future because Trayvon is dead. A hundred people, and their loved ones, are happy that Trayvon is dead. They just won't link their happiness to what happened this year.

But unless you were there witnessing the crime, you have no right to accuse Zimmerman of lying, because you’d basically be making up things.

There's no evidence that Zimmerman is lying. But, Zimmerman is being profiled, as a [relatively] white male, it's assumed that he's acting out of racism and lying about events.

Too many millions of people now hate him (unjustifiably, at this point, thanks to a media that egged everyone on), everyone knows what he looks like, and you can bet his life will be in serious jeopardy when and if he’s released back out into the public.

A century ago, Zimmerman could have just moved to another state and started over. But, not in our high-tech age. The media sacrifices innocent people for public entertainment.

George Zimmerman held pending arraignment in Trayvon shooting

It was set for arraignment, possible bond hearing the April 20th. The affidavit is NOT the charge(s), only probable cause to proceed.
You know he is still not charged with a thing, right?

The only thing the judge determined as sufficient is suspicion...that's it.

And, because of that, Zimmerman is incarcerated at the moment with no bond. Even the arraignment isn't until May 29.

Forum List

Back