Alabama Senate Candidate Character Questioned

okfine

Diamond Member
Jun 15, 2019
Gold Coast
This sounds like a problem for Alabama to deal with let alone the family.
If true it's pretty bad. Actually it's sick.

"Michael Durant, an Alabama Senate candidate who describes himself as a "pro-Trump Republican," is facing accusations leveled by his sister that he helped cover up incestuous abuse by their father.
In a statement sent to Alabama Political reporter, Mary Ryan claims that Durant and other family members "chose to support my father and mother as they attempted to avoid the consequences" of years of sexual abuse that she said "occurred throughout my childhood."

"They all tried to silence me," Ryan said of her family. "It is unfortunate for my brother that he participated in this behavior, as it is currently causing his character to be called into question."

"Michael Durant, an Alabama Senate candidate who describes himself as a "pro-Trump Republican," is facing accusations leveled by his sister that he helped cover up incestuous abuse by their father.
In a statement sent to Alabama Political reporter, Mary Ryan claims that Durant and other family members "chose to support my father and mother as they attempted to avoid the consequences" of years of sexual abuse that she said "occurred throughout my childhood."

"They all tried to silence me," Ryan said of her family. "It is unfortunate for my brother that he participated in this behavior, as it is currently causing his character to be called into question."

You talking about anyones character is a joke to begin with

Ask Ashley Biden what her perverted, demented old man did to her in the shower..................lololololol

JC you fraud

Thanks!

I'll file that under "Don't Give a Fuck."

Thanks!

I'll file that under "Don't Give a Fuck."

he sister of U.S. Senate candidate Mike Durant said on Friday that her brother attempted to silence her and chose to support her father, who she said admitted in 1991 to years of incest.

Mary Ryan, Durant’s sister, said her father, Leon Durant, entered into an agreement in 1991 to seek treatment after Mary revealed – and her father admitted – that Leon Durant had sexually assaulted her for more than 15 years. In the aftermath, Mary Ryan said her family, including Mike Durant, turned against her and chose instead to support their father, despite the allegations.

“Incest occurred throughout my childhood,” Ryan said in the statement issued to APR. “My father confessed in 1991, and soon afterward, he signed a contractual agreement with me. It set forth specific stipulations required for him to fulfill in lieu of legal consequences from me. In time, he failed to fulfill all stipulations set forth in the contract. Therefore, in 1994 I filed a civil lawsuit against my father for the crime of incest. This was my constitutional right as a citizen of the USA. The criminal statute of limitations had run out, leaving a civil suit as the only alternative. My brother and family chose to support my father and mother as they attempted to avoid the consequences. They all tried to silence me.”

Ryan’s statement came in response to a number of interviews and press releases from Durant and his campaign team. During a radio interview on WVNN-FM in Huntsville on Thursday, Durant said that an APR story that detailed facts from 1994 Associated Press reports was inaccurate and took his quotes out of context. He stated during the interview that he never publicly discredited his sister.

The Day's Scoop: Your daily email briefing on all things Alabama politics.
YOUR EMAIL
By clicking subscribe, you agree to our privacy policy. You can unsubscribe at any time.
However, Mary Ryan said that wasn’t true and that the AP reports were “all very true.” When asked by APR why Durant might be saying otherwise, Ryan responded with the statement.

“It is unfortunate for my brother that he participated in this behavior, as it is currently causing his character to be called into question,” Ryan said in the statement. “He made poor choices years ago, not knowing it would come back in time to haunt him. I can’t explain his motivation.

“Mine was to seek justice, and I make no apologies for holding my father accountable for his crimes against me. I didn’t need my brother’s permission to seek justice in 1994, and I don’t need it now. Justice is my civil right, and it is my choice. Everyone who runs for public office comes under investigation. Mike should have seen this coming. I have no personal interest or stake whatsoever in the outcome of the Alabama Senate race.”

During the recent interviews, Durant has not shied away from the fact that he continued to have a relationship with his father after learning of the incest. And in books Durant wrote after his captivity in Somalia – for which he became a national hero – Durant talked extensively about his father, often painting Leon Durant as a role model and never mentioning the crimes against his sister.

During his radio interview on Thursday, Durant recounted confronting his father and his father’s confession. But he said the AP stories misconstrued his statements, leading people to believe that he was publicly questioning his sister when he was recounting earlier conversations held before his father confessed.

Continued

he sister of U.S. Senate candidate Mike Durant said on Friday that her brother attempted to silence her and chose to support her father, who she said admitted in 1991 to years of incest.

Mary Ryan, Durant’s sister, said her father, Leon Durant, entered into an agreement in 1991 to seek treatment after Mary revealed – and her father admitted – that Leon Durant had sexually assaulted her for more than 15 years. In the aftermath, Mary Ryan said her family, including Mike Durant, turned against her and chose instead to support their father, despite the allegations.

“Incest occurred throughout my childhood,” Ryan said in the statement issued to APR. “My father confessed in 1991, and soon afterward, he signed a contractual agreement with me. It set forth specific stipulations required for him to fulfill in lieu of legal consequences from me. In time, he failed to fulfill all stipulations set forth in the contract. Therefore, in 1994 I filed a civil lawsuit against my father for the crime of incest. This was my constitutional right as a citizen of the USA. The criminal statute of limitations had run out, leaving a civil suit as the only alternative. My brother and family chose to support my father and mother as they attempted to avoid the consequences. They all tried to silence me.”

Ryan’s statement came in response to a number of interviews and press releases from Durant and his campaign team. During a radio interview on WVNN-FM in Huntsville on Thursday, Durant said that an APR story that detailed facts from 1994 Associated Press reports was inaccurate and took his quotes out of context. He stated during the interview that he never publicly discredited his sister.

The Day's Scoop: Your daily email briefing on all things Alabama politics.
YOUR EMAIL
By clicking subscribe, you agree to our privacy policy. You can unsubscribe at any time.
However, Mary Ryan said that wasn’t true and that the AP reports were “all very true.” When asked by APR why Durant might be saying otherwise, Ryan responded with the statement.

“It is unfortunate for my brother that he participated in this behavior, as it is currently causing his character to be called into question,” Ryan said in the statement. “He made poor choices years ago, not knowing it would come back in time to haunt him. I can’t explain his motivation.

“Mine was to seek justice, and I make no apologies for holding my father accountable for his crimes against me. I didn’t need my brother’s permission to seek justice in 1994, and I don’t need it now. Justice is my civil right, and it is my choice. Everyone who runs for public office comes under investigation. Mike should have seen this coming. I have no personal interest or stake whatsoever in the outcome of the Alabama Senate race.”

During the recent interviews, Durant has not shied away from the fact that he continued to have a relationship with his father after learning of the incest. And in books Durant wrote after his captivity in Somalia – for which he became a national hero – Durant talked extensively about his father, often painting Leon Durant as a role model and never mentioning the crimes against his sister.

During his radio interview on Thursday, Durant recounted confronting his father and his father’s confession. But he said the AP stories misconstrued his statements, leading people to believe that he was publicly questioning his sister when he was recounting earlier conversations held before his father confessed.

Continued

Did you think I was gonna read that wall of text or something? :laughing0301:

Nope.. I noticed you are rarely informed.

I am very well informed. I have the whole world right here at my fingertips.

It's just that you would be the last person I would go to for "information."

You talking about anyones character is a joke to begin with

Ask Ashley Biden what her perverted, demented old man did to her in the shower..................lololololol

JC you fraud
What does any of that have to do with this Senate candidate?

Well since when were the dems ever worried about the lack of character of the toadies they trot out.....I mean one only as to look as far as their house/senate "leadership".....They seem fine with that fuckin' clown show.

Meh, I'll let the people of Alabama decide, you know the same as the dems allow the people of NY and CA decide and then gush about how "brilliant" they are what with them being "educated" and all.

Sounds like you condone incest. Your character.
Yeah right. That's all you got is some fake news probably
That's kind of what it sounded like to me too.

"This guy is being accused of aiding and abetting incest."

"So?? You're guy was too!"

Wow.png

Leftists sure are happy when this happens and a Republican is involved.

It's not like they give a shit about the victims. They just like to have a warm body to preach from.

For the record, we ought to bring back horse-whipping and public hanging for those who abuse children.

Oh my! What is incest Joe going to say about this?

It's the guy's sister questioning his character.

If covering up for incestuous rape of children is fine with you, then please, carry on.
So did the daughter of a president you GD pofs. You ever say anything about CNN you GD 40 hour slave to a boss. What the fuck do you know depending on a GDF alarm clock to live you dust breather

You GD slaves to a boss. Nothings, nobodies

Forum List

Back