Al Qaeda won't "take over" Iraq, if we redeploy

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by DeadCanDance, Jul 21, 2007.

1. DeadCanDance

DeadCanDance Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +127
    The NeoCon cry of “Al Qaeda will take over Iraq if we leave!“ is just not based on reality. As has been pointed out many times, by many people.

Al Qaeda can’t “take over” Iraq if we withdraw. From leading U.S. security expert at the decidedly non-liberal Cato Institute:

Pentagon withdrawl wargaming does not envision an Al Qaeda “take over” of Iraq:

2. onedomino

onedomino SCE to AUX

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +476
    It is disingenuous how you use the word "redeploy," when you actually mean surrender. More than 1000 foreign murderers running around Iraq performing truck bombings and homicide bombings will destroy any chance for stability. And the weak Shi'ite majority government will not be able to stop them. Moreover, Al Qaeda may find refuge in rural Sunni areas. From there they can train and equip more foreign murderers to bomb the government and prepare killers for strikes elsewhere in the world. Your "redeployment," i.e., surrender, is a perfect plan for an even greater amount of death and destruction in Iraq.

3. Waterrescuedude

Waterrescuedude Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +72
    I do agree this individual did actually mean SURRENDER. Something the US DOES NOT DO. We dont back down from a fight. I say that we deploy the boxes on top of all us military and government buildings and vehicles. What it does is sends out signals to the frequencies that are commonly used over there and will remotly detonate the bomb before it arrives at its target. So what we blow those bastard up before they try and blow us up good riddance to the tangos. I have a friend over there right now that told me about a girl who is about 12 years old always goes and warns our soldiers of bomb locations so they can avoid that area. You know that girl would get killed if they find out that she is telling people. I say she is awesome for saving american lives.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  4. Gunny

Gunny Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,770
    Who ever said AQ would take over Iraq? The Iran-backed shia will more than likely take over most of it.

5. DeadCanDance

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +127
    Yawn….more talking point gibberish from kool aid drunk Bush-fans. Plenty of retired military combat vets, including prominent retired republican generals, have stated that withdrawing from Iraq is the “least bad” strategic option we have. It doesn't serve our interest to baby sit an iraqi civil war.

“A poll conducted by the Program on International Policy Attitudes at the University of Maryland last year found 94 percent of Sunni Muslims in Iraq, 98 percent of Shiites and 100 percent of Kurds had a somewhat or very unfavorable view of al-Qaida, Carpenter wrote.”

“We“??? I don’t see you over there fighting. Get your ass over there and fight in your war, if you think its worth it to stay in Iraq.

6. DeadCanDance

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +127

The Iran-backed shia will more than likely take over most of it.

agreed. And since they are shia, their reaction to sunni extremists like Al Qaeda, will be more likely to chop their heads off, than give them safe haven.

In addition, while iraqi shia have some cultural and spiritual ties to Iran, they still are, after all, Arabs. Iraqi arabs are unlikely to be mere puppets of the persians. Persians and arabs are traditional blood enemies going back for a thousand years.

7. Gunny

Gunny Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,770
    I don't see you over there fighting either. So, by YOUR own standard, what is YOUR concern?

8. Bern80

Bern80 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +726
    There are a couple words I get real tired of hearing in the Iraq war debate. They are 'win' and 'surrender'. In the context of Iraq I don't see how are troops can actually do either of those.

What exactley is there to be won? Sure we have 'won' wars, but Iraq is a little different. In my view what we're doing now is our best to keep the peace while they attempt to form a government. While the U.S. body count is high the Iraqi body count is even higher because most of the violence has been sectarian, one sect against another, not against U.S. forces. The only people we're fighting is the very small contigent of Al Queda in the country. In which case Iraq is just the theatre between two factions. It's almost two seperate conflicts at this point. the sectarian vilonce and the limited direct targeting of U.S. troops by Al Queda in the form of IEDs. The battle against Al Queda and terrorism at large will not be won or lost in Iraq. So again there is nothing to 'win' or lose by staying in, or leaving Iraq.

Which brings up Surrender. You can't really surrender what you can't win in the first place and this is where I fault many republicans for using words like win and surrender to make their points when neither are accurate in terms of the actions we could take. Surrender means you give up against the enemy and the only real enemy in Iraq is the limited number of Al Queda. Even if we did leave Iraq it isn't realistic to think we would stop going after them or 'surrender' to them.

9. Waterrescuedude

Waterrescuedude Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +72
    I spent my time in the military. Other than to say that I am a veteran I don't care to discuss it with you. So go fuck your self you worthless XXXXXXXXXX XXXXXX XXXX XXXX you get the fuq over there. IF YOU CANT SUPPORT THE TROOPS GO STAND IN FRONT OF THEM!!!!!!

10. onedomino

onedomino SCE to AUX

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +476
    Tired? Try waking up. Get yourself over there and offer your surrender. I am sure Al Qaeda will warmly receive your sniveling weakness.