Al Jeezera West: (Charlie Daniels)

-Cp

Sep 23, 2004
Earth
Al Jeezera West:

Sometime back on a trip to Germany the only two television outlets that broadcast in English were the BBC and CNN International and it was like watching a tennis match, I’d watch the BBC bash America for a while, then flip across the net to CNN and watch them bash America for a while.

I just don’t get it. I thought that England was supposed to be our friend and I think they are, but that certainly doesn’t extend to the BBC. And correct me if I’m wrong but didn’t CNN start in America?

What is this incessant trashing of America by our so-called friends and allies? What has changed so drastically in the last 20 years? I’m sure I don’t know but let’s take a look back and see who they’re dissing.

Without America the Berlin Wall would still be standing, there would still be two Germanys and the whole eastern block of nations would still be living under the oppression of Soviet style communism.

The KGB, the Stassi and other secret and sadistic secret police forces would still be rousting citizens out of their beds in the middle of the night.

The Second World War would certainly have had a different outcome and the BBC would probably be broadcasting in German and CNN would not be heard in Europe at all.

The youth of Germany would be goose-stepping beneath a swastika and the Jewish race would be extinct on the European continent.

There would be no European Union except for the possibility of The United States of the Third Reich.

Without America there would have been no Marshall plan, no foreign aid to rebuild the war torn countries of Europe and no American troops to help keep the peace after the fall of Hitler.

There would have been no D-Day and no liberation of the European continent and every headstone on Flanders Field attests to the fact.

Would the BBC and CNN like to see America cease to exist? Do they want to see America defeated in the war on terror? If that is not their purpose, then what is?

How would the BBC have felt if during the height of Hitler’s bombing of London American media had begun bashing Churchill’s every move and call the Nazis by some sanitized, generic name other than the butchers they really were.

The BBC and CNN feed the rest of the world a daily diet of anti-Americanism .I guess they think that by doing so they can affect the outcome of elections and politics in general in the U.S.A. Think again guys.

My heart goes out to the people of England who suffered at the hands of terrorist bombs recently and yet their own national broadcasting system refuses to even call the scumbags terrorists as if semantics could just make the whole thing go away.

Now how can you have any respect for an organization which has had its cojones removed by political correctness.

Pray for our troops.

What do you think?

God Bless America
Charlie Daniels July 15, 2005

http://www.charliedaniels.com/soapbox/soapbox.asp

Forum List

Back